Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: It had to happen sooner or later
« Last post by Freem82 on Today at 07:55:54 pm »
Just so you know pudding, I came from an f30 330d msport to my current pirelli edition. I only owned the beemer for 6 months before doing a deal with some local guy, it was so bloody boring, even with a stage 1 map. The chassis is good but the steering is nothing short of awful. No feel what so ever.
But, it was a lovely car to look at and be in and the ZF box is superb. Just some food for thought mate.
I would have a look at the condition - depending how bad it is just a spray contact cleaner may do, if bad needle file the crud off and add dab of dialectic grease to help it seal.
If you go back in and find its clean, it would suggest the light has failed.
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by colesey on Today at 06:16:02 pm »
@mjmallia - don’t think twice about adding the braided hose as it makes a bigger difference than the bleeder block restrictor. Clutch action becomes quicker / lighter / more accurate.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Strong pull to the right
« Last post by Hobo Ben on Today at 05:25:09 pm »
Update: I've replaced the rear control arms and eccentric bolts; all alignment values are within specs now. The pull to the right is the same, so probably it wasn't caused by the out of spec and asymmetric rear toe value. At least the handling of the car is a bit better…

Regarding the front brake drag: I’ve lifted the front wheels and compared how they roll while they’re in the air. As I suspected, there’s more friction at the right wheel, but the difference is very tiny, I can’t believe this can cause such a strong pull, especially with my experiences with the stuck calipered Passat.

The previous owner changed the right sway bar link (by himself) this spring according to his service log. Is there any way that he screwed up something, installed it in a wrong way and that cause a pull? I don’t think so, but now I’m desperate, because I can’t think any other cause.
Mk5 General Area / Pretty bad PCV…
« Last post by SANDEGTI on Today at 04:54:19 pm »
Hello everyone, decided to have a little tear down today and checked over a few things and managed to get the PCV off and take a little look. I didn’t quite expect the gunk and oil as the car only seemed a little lumpy, nothing serious but on inspection it should be running like absolute sh*t!! Ordered a new one including the gasket as would rather be safe and not have to do it again for a while.

Would definitely recommend checking it if you haven’t for a little while, we had no obvious symptoms apart from a slightly rough idle. I am no expect but with 20 minutes and a couple of basic tools, it’s very simple to do.  :grin:

Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by mjmallia on Today at 03:46:03 pm »
After looking at getting a braided line for the clutch, I stumbled across the removal of the clutch delay valve in the bleeder block......so decided to tackle that. Quite an easy and quick job, then bleed the clutch again

My info came from here
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/12185-tutorial-clutch-delay-valve-removal-manual-cars/

Mine was also black, where the majority are yellow. Not had a chance to drive the car yet

UPDATE Just drove the car and it is a lot smoother and instant if that makes sense. I like it  :happy2:
Mk5 General Area / Re: Hugyourcar.com
« Last post by breeze on Today at 03:19:26 pm »
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it's having its head kicked in i don't find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a shame giving up on the ED30 - you have so much time/money invested in - can you tuck it up for some day in the future? or has this got to be your deposit on the replacement?

What’s the reason you don’t enjoy it? When I bought my car it was on aftermarket springs. Best thing I did was swap in Sachs OEM spec shocks and springs. You might find that a more compliant ride makes a big difference to your enjoyment.

First time I have ever reverted a car to standard. Just getting older!
Mk5 General Area / Re: Hugyourcar.com
« Last post by rich83 on Today at 12:16:20 pm »
Actually getting to the point of not really enjoying driving my edition 30. Unless it's having its head kicked in i don't find it a particularly nice drive anymore. Getting old I guess.

Seems a shame giving up on the ED30 - you have so much time/money invested in - can you tuck it up for some day in the future? or has this got to be your deposit on the replacement?

I'll keep it for now but it's on borrowed time. Wife's 1 series is going at the end of the year for something completely different which will be an interesting change.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Thermostat questions
« Last post by OllieVRS on Today at 11:37:32 am »
I'm going to go down the alternator removal route with this. Seen a few videos on that way and have had prior experience on my other car on removing the alternator and getting it back it.

@OllieVRS - where did you get that parts diagram from?

I think off of Google images, I pulled this image off one of my older threads when I was investigating my coolant leak. Also to clarify since there are multiple rings marked 5, it's the one with the red arrow.

I've found a similar diagram which is even better detailed: https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/drive_unit/2.0/110;_147_kw_fsi_engine/engine_cooling/parts_of_cooling_system_summaries_of_components_engine_identification_character_bwa/parts_of_cooling_system_engine_side/

The O-Ring I'm talking about is marked 9 on this one, directly below the 26.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Xenon headlights dipped down
« Last post by Pudding on Today at 09:50:59 am »
They do a level check every time you start the car I believe.

Get a scan tool and look in the Xenon range module for fault codes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10