Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by SANDEGTI on Today at 11:12:48 pm »
Fitted a TTE420 as my K04 that I reconditioned 6 months ago crapped out. It has the APR spring on it which requires 0.75bar crack pressure so I'm running full wastegate closed till I go update the tune tomorrow. Nearly crapped my pants when I saw the boost needle jump off the scale, I saw it around where 2.5 bar would've been, tops out at 2, LMAO.

Also got a MIB2 unit installed, which was a total bitch to code properly, had to get a new can gateway also for vcds be able to access it. Car play and all, too bad my Huawei doesn't support Android auto  :grin: The bluetooth is way nicer then the chinese dongle crap I had in my RNS510.

Awesome...  :drool: :drool: :drool:
« Last post by SANDEGTI on Today at 11:10:20 pm »
Replaced the very sorry looking window button and I managed to resurrect the door handle while I was at it too. Strange enough, there seemed to be 3 different finishes on top, upon scrubbing them hard on the worn areas, I realised that it would go back down to brand new? One layer of "top coat", another layer of this white-ish colour, then back down to the beige plastic. Really strange, but it took about an hour of fine grade steel wool & fine grit sandpaper to get the handle sweet. Thought it may be useful for anyone else with worn beige/cream plastic in their MK5s since these are much rarer than your standard black. You can literally take it back to the original and trust me when I say this it looks brand new. I called TPS prior and they wanted an arm and a leg for some of these interior bits.

Next time I'm gonna try paint stripper because it was a lot of work to get it down to this level and next time I'm going to remove the plastic parts entirely to make my job easier. Shame I don't have a before picture because the difference is night and day... it's bothered me since I bought the car. Going to tackle the driver's side panel next.

Mk5 General Area / Anyone know the part number to this button?
« Last post by SANDEGTI on Today at 10:59:23 pm »
Does anyone know the part number to this door locking button? I ordered one and it's the U.S version or something (wrong way round), gutted!

Hi guys
Last Saturday I  successfully retrofitted Discover Media unit into Ady's 2005 Golf MK5. Some of you probably see it already but there are the pics:

Unfortunately we didnt have time to play with it yet and just fitted it to see how it goes. All will be finished this Saturday so more pics to follow. All works fine on White or Colour clocks so far.

Regards

Hi mate, I know it's been a few years  :grin: but how did you code the 5f to be able to activate the front/rear fader in sound settings? I have bit 4 set to 0 (internal audio system) and bit 11 set to 2 (external sound system) but the rear/front fader thing doesn't show up and volume seems quite loudish. Should I change bit 4 to something else (passive speakers 6 or 8 are available as options). Cheers
« Last post by skkane on Today at 06:15:11 pm »
Fitted a TTE420 as my K04 that I reconditioned 6 months ago crapped out. It has the APR spring on it which requires 0.75bar crack pressure so I'm running full wastegate closed till I go update the tune tomorrow. Nearly crapped my pants when I saw the boost needle jump off the scale, I saw it around where 2.5 bar would've been, tops out at 2, LMAO.

Also got a MIB2 unit installed, which was a total bitch to code properly, had to get a new can gateway also for vcds be able to access it. Car play and all, too bad my Huawei doesn't support Android auto  :grin: The bluetooth is way nicer then the chinese dongle crap I had in my RNS510.

Buy new. I reconditioned my K04 after I torched the engine and noticed there was alot of play in the shaft when taking it all apart. It cost ~300 euros total for new core and balancing, nice china core I bet as original BW K04 core is around 750-850EUR. Lasted a good 6 months before it seized completely a few weeks ago. You could only spin the shaft in the opposite direction to what it was supposed to... nice 3 weeks with NA 50HP.

I wanted to get a new one from turbozentrum but decided to spend some extra for a tte420. Either way, not reconditioning turbos again. Might work for diesels or stock cars I guess, those china cores they use.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Drive shaft advice please.
« Last post by terrier on Today at 04:16:54 pm »
Have a look at shaftec No experience of them but reviews are good
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Drive shaft advice please.
« Last post by TheBALDpuma on Today at 04:07:19 pm »
I would steer well clear from autodoc.  I bought some febi drop links from there last year and without telling me, or asking me, sent out there one brand ones as an "upgrade". They're really cheap Chinese stuff, and when it happened I googled it and it is their standard practice. Can't believe they get away with it, but it seems it's because they price their own brand stuff as quite expensive so they can make it out to be an upgrade.

I did get a refund but had to jump through a ton of hoops and it took ages and had to fight very hard to get them to pay for the postage. Total ball ache and I won't ever buy from there again

Edit to add try partsinmotion.co.uk they are great.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Drive shaft advice please.
« Last post by sandomenico on Today at 11:12:49 am »
Hi all,
My 2007 Gti needs a need driveshaft. (front left)
Where's the best to get a decent quality one at good price? A GKN-LOBRO one from Halfords is £191 But Autodoc do some good brands for a lot less, but I'm dubious.
Anyone got some advice please?
Many thanks.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Tailgate won't lock - actuator issue?
« Last post by mjmallia on Yesterday at 09:39:16 pm »
As mentioned, it will be broken wires on the left boot hinge
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10