Make a donation

Forum News

Forum Donations 2022
on April 29, 2022, 08:22:20 pm
HI Guys

The forum kitty is running a little low we have enough for another two months.

I have setup another money pool this will run for one month. The donate banner should also take you to the donation page.

Thanks again for your support  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8JmDrPUnaS

Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Fun with Handbrake
Last Poster: Pudding in Members Rides on Today at 06:40:55 pm
Yeah B6 Passats are wider track than the GTI. I only got rubbage with the VWR suspension kit though, which was soft and low.

Re: Door dropped after window regulator change
Last Poster: terrier in Technical Workshop on Today at 04:45:21 pm
could it be the screws holding the skin in place iirc there are 3 different ones

Re: Which Engine Oil
Last Poster: ROH ECHT in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:50:24 pm
But Miller'#039s 5W40 costs $115usd/5L here. Miller'#039s does state it is a "quotMotorsport Oil"quot which is the type you might change every 500 miles of racing.

I can get 5W40:
LiquiMoly Leichtlauf or Syntho

Re: Aircon high pressure sensor removal..
Last Poster: breeze in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:38:24 pm
I tried to do this and noticed the whole pipe was turning, so I just stopped.
Anyone any tips on how to loosen it off safely? Could do with a bit of A/C at the minute!

Is the system pressurised? If so, and the pipe is turning, you really need to empty the system before try

Re: GVKs Scirocco GT TDi
Last Poster: mjmallia in Other VAG on Today at 07:43:31 am
Sounds like a dead release bearing.  Had something similar on my old Lupo GTI

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:36:15 am
I noticed at the weekend a vacuum leak at idle on the boost gauge, on checking the usual I decided to check the oil cap and the complete neck extension came off the cam cover with cap attached nbsp :confused: heat cycles must have taken its toll on the joint. The cap is now directly on the cover, so looks a bit odd with the engine cover on nbsp :doh: but I can live with it at the moment.

Re: Boost leak. What to check?
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:35:25 am
I noticed at the weekend a vacuum leak at idle on the boost gauge, on checking the usual I decided to check the oil cap and the complete neck extension came off the cam cover with cap attached nbsp :confused: heat cycles must have taken its toll on the joint. The cap is now directly on the cover, so looks a bit odd with the engine cover on nbsp :doh: but I can live with it at the moment.

jb4 golf 7.5r
Last Poster: ald1717 in Mk7 General Area on Yesterday at 09:11:01 pm
anyone have any expierience with these have one ordered apparently it comes preset to map 1 which on 95ron on a stock car gives 40 bhp and 40 flbs should wake the car up a bit..

Re: Very budget track build
Last Poster: Clarkj93 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:02:47 pm
Golf'#039s been a bit of a bugger lately.

The whiteline drop links nuts seemingly keep undoing themselves.. stuck some washers on them and some blue loctite and hope that'#039s the end of it now frankly!

Also it'#039s been cutting out which is very annoying, seemingly a bad throttle body, I'#039ve stuck a newer revision and younger one from a BWA TT and hope that'#039s sort

Re: very high boost pressure 7.5r
Last Poster: ald1717 in Mk7 General Area on June 25, 2022, 10:35:58 pm
sorry for wasting your time as i found out that the sensor that gives this reading is including atmospheric pressure of 14.5 psi subtract that its stock boost

Re: Paid 181.9 for momentum today
Last Poster: terrier in Mk5 General Area on June 25, 2022, 08:16:17 pm
As a former rgv250 owner, I remember the happy times when I spent more on oil than petrol.
Those were the days.  When i handed my wages to a Mr Stan Stephens to fettle my powervalve. 10mpg on a good day :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

Re: Intake Air temp sensor
Last Poster: bacillus in Mk5 General Area on June 25, 2022, 08:05:09 pm
Part number is 06B 905 379D when I changed mine some time ago.

Re: head units with DAB, CarPlay
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on June 25, 2022, 12:18:18 pm
Cant comment on the adapter lead - but for the power, you will need both constant live and switched ignition live feeds, plus an earth.

This shape / type of radio was used throughout the VAG brands - a cage adapter to suit the single/double din should be easy to source.

Are you wanting to use DAB? nbsp - If your current head doesn'#039t have DAB, you will need to lo

Re: Mk6 rear end on mk5
Last Poster: LC5F in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on June 25, 2022, 11:01:57 am
or experiment shuffling bumpers at a scrapyard with Mk5 and Mk6...try before you buy sort of thing.

Re: I bought back my old mk5
Last Poster: Pudding in Members Rides on June 24, 2022, 11:40:23 pm
Holy metal crumbs batman, I'#039ve just seen the carnage pics. nbsp They look suspiciously like the thrust bearing remains we were talking about to me, which might explain the gear engagement issues, aka, crank walk.

The thrust bearing on these engines is a terrible design, basically only half a bearing compared to the usual standard. nbsp I pity the later EA113 engines with the

Re: Front drivers side rattling
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on June 24, 2022, 01:21:16 pm
I'#039d put money on it its the drop link(s). Mine went and sounded very much like that and when they were off the car they still looked and felt fine, but you can'#039t really replicate the forces that travel through it when the car is jacked up or when the drop links are off the car so they can be dece

Re: P1545 and p1579 - engine cuts out and hunts for revs on idle
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on June 24, 2022, 01:18:51 pm
I only found that out myself when shopping for one nbsp :grin: nbsp I find ECS tuning'#039s site is great for getting part numbers etc and they list all compatible vehicles so that you can search for , say a Skoda version, on ebay, which is usually way cheaper nbsp :happy2:

Will do. I'#039m not expecting an improvement nbsp :grin: nbsp I think my actual issue is bad injectors but I'#039m workin

Re: Cooling Issues (fanpack/radiator)
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on June 24, 2022, 12:30:55 pm
The scan tool output test bypasses all external controls, and the fact that didn'#039t work points to a problem elsewhere. nbsp Wouldn'#039t hurt to replace the sensors anyway if you think they'#039re misreading/not functioning.

Have you scanned the HVAC controller as that is also tied into the fan control? nbsp You say it doesn'#039t have AC....as in you'#039ve removed it, or it was never f

Door Module Part Numbers
Last Poster: Willy599 in Mk5 General Area on June 24, 2022, 11:39:15 am
Would anyone have the part numbers for the min versions of the front two door modules (5 door) or even have a set?

My car has a mismatched pair in it so I'm assuming previous owner tried to put in powerfolding mirrors but now I don't get auto windows so would like to swap them back.

Re: 2010 mk6 GTI without service book
Last Poster: breeze in MK6 General Area on June 23, 2022, 11:56:23 am
You can buy genuine service books on eBay, stamped with dealer (or like dealer) stamps. You just tell them what you want.

I would never falsify a history, but if you have invoices you can recreate a service book using that data. You could even tell buyers it was a duplicate. As a buyer, a replacement service book that was stamped up, with supporting invoices, would be fi

Shoutbox

RNS 510 with Bluetooth module, loom, mic and GPS antenna
£275.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Hi all

My complete RNS 510 kit is for sale, purchased when my other unit failed but no longer required, as I now have a Discover Media. This is the LED (Star button) version and has also been upgraded to a 64GB SSD and repartitioned to allow 30GB of media and plenty for maps. It runs a little quicker than the original HDD but is also cooler and more reliable in a cars bumpy environment. Great unmarked screen and good overall condition. £325 is more than fair with all the extras, so no offers.

Latest maps v17 Western Europe maps (8557) and running 5238 firmware.

Includes:
RNS 510 LED with SSD upgrade and latest maps as described above
Bluetooth module (mounting tabs cut off so it would fit behind the Climate Control panel, so no need to run wires under the passenger seat).
Bluetooth wiring loom + Genuine mic
GPS Antenna

Everything you need to get going, just some coding required with VCDS to enable all the features (plenty of info available online).

Free delivery and payment by Paypal "friends and family". I reserve the right not to sell to newly registered members to help avoid fraud.

PM me if you're interested. Once payment is received it will be marked as SOLD so if it's not then it's still available.

Thanks

Stu
KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop
£325.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop for a mk5 VW Golf Gti.
Used for under 6k miles.
Putting car back to standard.
Collection or Postage extra.
Can deliver locally for petrol money.
FOLKESTONE, KENT.
£325
Highline cluster
£250.00
Postage: £9.99
Delivery or Collection

Genuine Highline cluster removed from a very low mileage r32 prior to being fitted to my gtd. This is in excellent condition no damage to clips, fitting and no scratches. These can be fitted, coded to any gti,tdi,r32.Genuine uk spec clocks please check the pictures for condition and part no. I am happy to post these out for a small fee.
IN PRO MIRROR COVERS
£35.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

I have for sale a set of Inpro mirror covers in a matt chrome finish . They look like the Audi RS range very smart when fitted. These are used items and have a small amount of chrome missing but not noticeable when fitted its right in the corner where the mirror folds.
I dont think these are available from Inpro anymore so quite rare items, all clips intact happy to post them out for a small fee.
Leather Armrest complete!!!
£125.00
Postage: £15.00
Delivery or Collection

Here for sale is a complete armrest with leather top in excellent condition!!! (Removed from my personal car)
Please study the pictures as they form part of the description. It has had a very minor repair to the main structure and I have had in my car for over 5 years with no issues whatsoever
The leather top is undamaged. A MDI unit or 6-disk changer can be fitted.
Does not come with either but I can supply a 6-disk change for an additional £30.
Happy to post this out for approx. £15.00 (Paypal accepted)
Any questions phone/text on 07772480088
Power folding mirrors!!!
£150.00
Postage: £15.00
Delivery or Collection

Power folding mirrors complete!!! (1 of 2 sets available)
Theses have been tested and work perfectly. You will just need to buy the door switch.
The colour is Magic Black. These have minor marks. Please check all pictures but still very clean.
Not sure what generation these are but you can do your own research about them.
Any questions just phone/text on 07772480088.
Happy to post these out for an additional £15 (Paypal accepted)
Leather Armrest cover!!!
£45.00
Postage: £7.00
Delivery or Collection

Leather Armrest cover in brilliant condition!!!
Still has the factory matte finish.
Very, very minor marks from storage if being pedantic but otherwise no damage whatsoever.
Happy to post out for an additional £7 (Paypal accepted)
Any questions don't hesitate to phone/text on 07772480088
  • users Users: 4
  • guests Guests: 213