Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: 5 door front door skin same as 3 door?
« Last post by GreigC on Today at 09:54:52 am »
A 3 door has wider doors than the 5.
Mk5 General Area / 5 door front door skin same as 3 door?
« Last post by toerag on Today at 09:49:43 am »
Hi all
Someone hit my driver front door skin while parked  :sad1: and looking to get a another one as a temporary fix.
Do I need to worry if the donor came from a 5 or 3 door?
Thanks
Mk5 General Area / Re: Tailgate won't lock - actuator issue?
« Last post by mjmallia on Today at 08:09:33 am »
Well done.  Not hard of the actuator failing before.......always been the wires breaking in my experience  :happy2:
« Last post by Lewo on Today at 07:54:37 am »
Good news  :happy2:
« Last post by slipd on Yesterday at 10:10:28 pm »
Thanks all, happy to report it was only the actuator... £10 from eBay compared to £85 from the dealership. Twenty minutes to fit :happy2:
Mk5 General Area / Misfire
« Last post by K03MK5 on Yesterday at 09:33:47 pm »
Hi all,  have a full k04 conversion gti mk5 and have noticed a minor misfire fault.  Basically the misfire occurs only the once when the car has been left over night or for a few hours.  After the one misfire everything is fine.  I find this very bizarre as  no fault codes.  Recently had my k04 turbo rebuilt with an uprated thrust bearing and a genuine revision pcv breather valve kit.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / P0171 and P0441
« Last post by PorkPieBandit on Yesterday at 03:24:50 pm »
Afternoon all,

I'm after a bit of help diagnosing an issue. I recently got the P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean code. Cleared it and in a few days it's not returned. My question is could this be related to the P0401 code I get intermittently? The P0441 code throws up every few months, since I got the  car (around a year and a half ago). I always figured that was something Charcoal canister or n80 valve related but haven't had a chance to sort it yet

I'm going to do the brake cleaner vacuum leak test, but any info would be helpful!

Cheers
Mk5 General Area / Re: MK5GolfGTI sudden influx of post views? Bot views?
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 02:01:19 pm »
Just gonna leave this here...

How to Guides / Troubleshooting / centre locking system not wroking
« Last post by Mokro 5 GTI on Yesterday at 01:13:42 pm »
Hey guys just got a 2006 mk5 GTI on my Ps at the moment and its got a few issues, I bought it as I am trying to learn more about golfs through DIY'S and I'd appreciate some Advice and guidance on the following.

PAINT
The clear coat seems to be wearing out on some of the panels and the overall condition of the roof is not too good. What would you recommend to do to it (I was thinking about just wrapping it however I also want to fix the paint Before hand)

CENTRE LOCKING ISSUE
The keys to the golf are functional, battery is fine however I have to manually lock and unlock it through the drivers door which then only unlocks the drivers door, to unlock the other doors ignition needs to be switched on and I have to press the unlock button.

FOGGY YELLOWISH LIGHT
One of the headlights is a bit foggy and yellow what would be the best method to go about to restore it.

Also what would you recommend checking first if you had bought a Mk5 gti engine wise etc and to figure out if the previous owner has well taken care of it and hasn't just thrashed it, (comes without a service book).

Thank you.

How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Alarm siren fuse
« Last post by PCJ on Yesterday at 09:51:49 am »
Hi All
I wonder if someone could help me, I have just bought a 2006 GTI, with low mileage,I’m going through all of the small faults and trying to rectify them.
I noticed when the alarm is set off the hazards flash but no siren sound, so I swooped the siren for a newer one but still no sound, after checking the fuse diagram I found that fuse no17 for the alarm was blown so I changed it for a new one I heard a blip sound from the alarm then that fuse blew immediately.
Sound like a dead short somewhere, has anyone experienced an issue like this or found a remedy without having to disable the siren permanently.

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10