Make a donation

Author Topic: f*cking birds  (Read 3500 times)

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1aelbor3fqo6skl78vc3qbdruh&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
f*cking birds
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »
Not washed the car for months, noticed some bird poo on the paint, its f*cked the paint looks like little raised patches, tried to polish it out but still there cant pick it up with a camera though.  :sick:

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: f*cking birds
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »
Try a light cutting compound, then polish.

I find if I keep my car waxed any bird sh*t does less damage. Pain in the arse though.

dansmith180

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 02:03:17 pm »
Yeah the acid in the poo etches the lauquer. It will come out but may need a light wet sanding followed by compounding

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »
I hate birds ff*s  :mad: having had to part under a tree recently I've learned that they sh*te fron the trees and leave their mark. threes days in a row and bird poo  :slap: stupid birds.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1aelbor3fqo6skl78vc3qbdruh&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:10:33 pm »
Thanks guys i cant win the bonnet was a mess also water spots everywhere i gave it a bit of a polish and slapped some wax on it.

Would CQuartz UK help stop this??

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:26:33 pm »
I hate birds ff*s  :mad: having had to part under a tree recently I've learned that they sh*te fron the trees and leave their mark. threes days in a row and bird poo  :slap: stupid birds.

Same was happening to me, not a day would pass without it all over the car!

After a call to the council "the trees roots are breaking the footpath" they had it cut down and now the car is bird poo free!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 03:08:49 pm »

Same was happening to me, not a day would pass without it all over the car!

After a call to the council "the trees roots are breaking the footpath" they had it cut down and now the car is bird poo free!
I don't think those bas***** at the council would give a hoot as the tree isn't harming anybody would be their answer to that. I'll recheck the route situation as it is close to houses and thay could cause subsidence if the routes are growing under the houses thanks for that info.  :drinking:

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
Happenned to mine as well. Bird sh*tted on my car on Friday, washed it on Friday and now left a mark on the bonnet. So pissed off!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:57 pm »
Soon as I see bird poo I get the wipes rag and water out to soften it and immediately take as much off as possible like today after rubbing down the rear bumper lower part with peanut butter  :signLOL: came out mint bar the missing tow eye cover and dents someone has put in the lower underside. looks like a tow bar dent twice  :mad: basturwards can't seem to drive or have consideration for other people's pride and joy. 

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:51 pm »
Guys, just to update on this, i used meguiars cleaner wax over the weekend on the whole car, its taken the bird sh*t mark out! Even taken out a few minor scratches as well near the door handles. Awesome product and so easy to use.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:35:09 pm »
Thanks for the update bro, will have to invest in this mguires as I used to sell the product back in 2000 when working for a car performance shop in Birmingham called fletchers auto store.  :signLOL: used to get free cleaning polish from the max power shows when they were held there. bottles of the stuff  :jumping: