Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?  (Read 137583 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Retrofit electric folding mirrors?
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2011, 05:02:04 pm »
Cheers for the info Darren, just responded and PM'd Scott.   :notworthy:  Just need to find the other bits now for the drivers door dont want my passengers having puddle lights and not me!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »
Cheers Darren, so I need to see one with PR code 004 for the driver side if you are interested in selling the passenger folding 4 door controller then I will take it off you.

If you get a GEN3 then you just need to change the window switches and the driver door handle for the central locking buttons.  Would rather stick with GEN2 if I can seems the GEN3 are needlessly complicated.

Have found a german seller with new electric folding mirrors for the passenger side rather cheap £65 delivered if anyone else is interested, just need to find a driver side mirror now.

Let me know regarding selling the controller.

Rich check this one out!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Mk5-Passenger-Side-Door-Electric-Fold-Up-Mirror-/280629676645?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4156d50a65#ht_500wt_1156

scott :happy2:

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:08 am »
Cheers for the link Scott, I bought one of these over the weekend works out as £64 after postage is brand new and comes with mirror glass.  Not sure if the glass is auto-dimming but I assume not for that price!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350399391930&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_843

Will keep on hunting for driver side mirror and controller, have found an on-line supplier that sells the mirror for ~£90 and a controller for £85 but think I might be able to find cheaper if I keep on hunting  :wink:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »
Scott Darren, would you know if this A3 part number is compatible with the MK5, its from the right period for a GEN2 and follows the same convention as the Golf number and the seller seems to think its a windscreen wiper unit so doesn't think its worth much money 8P0959801A > 8P0 959 801L.  Golf part number 1K0 959 701 L

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
Rich when it comes down to window controllers and the like I'm not sure if the coding would be the same...? I do have Audi a3 stuff on my car namely the xenon controller but that is now used on the Scirocco.

Wouldn't buy it if then you find it doesn't work unless its that cheap it worth a punt.

Darren

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2011, 10:05:52 pm »
Rich when it comes down to window controllers and the like I'm not sure if the coding would be the same...? I do have Audi a3 stuff on my car namely the xenon controller but that is now used on the Scirocco.

Wouldn't buy it if then you find it doesn't work unless its that cheap it worth a punt.

Darren

Well its £45 so about same cost as the Left one but all the proper part numbers are going for double that... Will give it some thought and see if I can find out if it has the right coding abilities.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2011, 01:42:06 pm »
So I have just had a little brown box with a driver door controller land on my dessk, although I was sure when buying it I am now not entirely convinced it is a max module and supports folding, I cant get ETKS to install due to error 7 hardlock not found.

Could someone check the functionality of the following part number

1K0959701C 004, I believe the L component superseded this controller and it should be a max controller with folding but confirmation would be appreciated.  :smiley:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »
So I have just had a little brown box with a driver door controller land on my dessk, although I was sure when buying it I am now not entirely convinced it is a max module and supports folding, I cant get ETKS to install due to error 7 hardlock not found.

1K0959701C 004, I believe the L component superseded this controller and it should be a max controller with folding but confirmation would be appreciated.  :smiley:

Possibly me but Etka says dropped on 1.12.2003 !

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:17:43 pm by 182_blue »

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2011, 05:20:03 pm »

1K0959701C 004, I believe the L component superseded this controller and it should be a max controller with folding but confirmation would be appreciated.  :smiley:

Possibly me but Etka says dropped on 1.12.2003 !

Hmmm odd as its a MK5 part number and was broken from a 2004 car and the control unit has a date stamp that would match that 23.04.03.

So it says the G unit would be a suitable replacement part so G is a max which replaced the L units I think.  Can you look up 1K0 959 701 L see if that was also replaced by G?

Also does anyone know if EOS mirrors are compatible have seen them mentioned as potential donors for folding mirrors but I thought the wind screen rack was greater on the EOS so different fitting plastic.

Offline BetaOp9

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2011, 07:18:51 am »
Hey guys!

I've recently installed the Power Fold mirrors in my 2008 VW R32 US-Spec, the door controllers are the Gen 3 Min and am looking for the appropriate part number(s) that will work. It is left hand drive, two doors, and have had some trouble sourcing the correct part number in spite searching. Any help would be splendid. Thank you!

- Shawn

Offline BetaOp9

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2011, 01:34:07 am »
No one? :-(

Offline BetaOp9

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:01 am »
TTT

betox

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2012, 03:54:51 am »
Hello Darren

Sorry for re open this post! Can you tell me what changes I have to do to place a Gen 3 on a Gen 2 Door controlller?
Mine is 3 doors MY06 with 1k0959701K/702K I have to mount 1k0959701N/702N when I placed its nothing worked (windows, links, door tank, etc) and the passenger door was permanently closed.

Many thanks for your help!

Alberto

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:25 pm »
Sorry to bring up and ancient thread, does anyone know where the door controllers are within vcds? Just want to check which ones i have!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »
address 42 and 52
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides