Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!  (Read 90750 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: How to: Wire OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »
Very much looking forward to the finished set.   :pomppomp:

I've just ordered a set from the states but got my sums wrong so mine will probably be the most expensive set on a golf @£285  :ashamed:

I've been looking about for some, and that seems about the going rate :stupid: just as long as you dont get stung for import tax :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 10:21:45 pm »
Very much looking forward to the finished set.   :pomppomp:

I've just ordered a set from the states but got my sums wrong so mine will probably be the most expensive set on a golf @£285  :ashamed:

I've been looking about for some, and that seems about the going rate :stupid: just as long as you dont get stung for import tax :confused:

....I think it's cheaper to buy them from Europe. Plus you don't pay import tax.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 10:55:31 pm »
Got my r32 leds for £250 ebayde and there are often the normal ones on there for around £225.

Saw a set of brand new standard ones go on ebay for £150 the other day, although someone on there is selling them at £350  :surprised:

****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 11:05:23 pm »
Got my r32 leds for £250 ebayde and there are often the normal ones on there for around £225.

Saw a set of brand new standard ones go on ebay for £150 the other day, although someone on there is selling them at £350  :surprised:

I notice in a couple of threads you mention standard l.e.d's and R32 type l.e.d.'s have you got pics of the 2 types, as i thought there was only one type, with the red outer lens matching the darker Ed/R32 type.  :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2010, 10:03:17 am »
Top cat, there are def two types. RR has the standard cherry red type and i think at one point actually had the inners from his original lights and the led outers. Ill sort out some photos when i get in later.
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 10:07:05 am »
Top cat, there are def two types. RR has the standard cherry red type and i think at one point actually had the inners from his original lights and the led outers. Ill sort out some photos when i get in later.

I know there are 2 types a lighter one for the GTI and a darker version for the Ed/R32 but not in the LED version there isn't, the led outers only come in one colour, the darker red.  :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2010, 10:42:49 am »
I had the choice when i ordered mine! standard red or smoked/r32/ed30. I payed more for the darker leds ove the standard cherry red.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:49 am »
I had the choice when i ordered mine! standard red or smoked/r32/ed30. I payed more for the darker leds ove the standard cherry red.

Well if we are talking the l.e.d version, then i never new that. I thought there was only one colour of the Valeo oem l.e.d.s.  :happy2:

I thought we were getting our wires crossed.  :ashamed:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »
I'm not convinced there are different colours. The same seller on ebay has them listed as loads of different names, and they all have the same photos attached, and all have massive price differences
I have emailed the sellers to find out. :stupid:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2010, 04:41:11 pm »
God only knows T.C!!  

Iv confused myself!   :stupid:   All i know is when i ordered mine on ebayde the seller asked if i wanted standard red or smoked.

The difference was 20euro so i went for the smoked as i thought they would look better on a blue graphite car.

Mine are definatly Valeo units.

@ heavyd i paid 279 euro plus 18 euro shipping for mine and he said he had 'red' ones for 259 euro plus shipping.

Iv just checked and i cant find the same seller on ebayde.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:46:45 pm by apollo13 »

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »
Hopefully they'll get back to me and we get a definitive answer :happy2:
I'm was gonna order some today but you've put a spanner in teh works now! I must admit, all the pictures that I've found of them have been the same colour?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »
Sorry mate,

Ill be pretty gutted too because a new set went unsold on ebay when i was after mine. I mailed the seller and could of had them for £150.

When i asked him for photos they 'looked' as if they werent as dark. So i let them go and ordered from germany. I only had this smoked/unsmoked business in my mind because of the seller on ebayde!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:50:52 pm by apollo13 »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »
^^^^
I'm fairly confident that Valeo (for VW) only produce them in the darker 'cherry' red. My mate Chris who is working on converting mine has been in direct contact with Valeo through the trade.

Currently I'm running on mixed: Valeo LED outer units and OEM GTI (not Ed30/R32) inner units while Chris is playing with my Valeo inners.

Full Valeo:

Mixed Valeo with OEM (temporary):

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:28:54 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2010, 09:30:00 pm »
Well i stand corrected   :ashamed:

Just cant see why the ebayde seller gave me the option??

Looks like i lost out on a bargain too   :sick:

apologies to T.C

@ RR i found a guy on vw vortex that does the inner conversion with oem smd leds. Hes done quite a few sets of jetta and passat rears, so am thinking of getting him to do mine.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2010, 09:50:18 pm »

@ RR i found a guy on vw vortex that does the inner conversion with oem smd leds. Hes done quite a few sets of jetta and passat rears, so am thinking of getting him to do mine.

....Depending on exactly what functions you go for, just make absolutely sure that they'll pass UK's MOT otherwise the whole exercise could end up being particularly expensive. Let us know how you get on  :happy2:.