Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!  (Read 91008 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: How to: Wire OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »
bought a set off ebay.de :scared:
£263 was the cheapest I could get them for, the private sellers wouldnt ship to ze english unfortunately  :sad1:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2010, 11:27:19 pm »
RR he can do the inners with dual intensity red leds for stop/tail lights or dual red/amber leds for tail/indicator Im thinking of going for the former.

Four indicators flashing is a bit OTT IMO. Ill def check on the MOT side of things first. :happy2:

@heavyd to be honest youll be happy whatever you end up paying, it sorts out the rear of the car and makes it safer! What more could you want?!
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 05:56:04 am »
I eventually got an email back, there is definetly only one colour available, so that sorts that out :happy2:

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »
Well received my £285 Leds yesterday (payed no import duty  :happy2:) Just waiting on RR's updates on getting inner led mod.

Just out of interest is there no way of modifying a passat inner led fit? Haven't checked the sizes but they look similar size???

I could of course be completely incorrect :ashamed:
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2010, 08:55:32 pm »
RR he can do the inners with dual intensity red leds for stop/tail lights or dual red/amber leds for tail/indicator Im thinking of going for the former.

Four indicators flashing is a bit OTT IMO. Ill def check on the MOT side of things first. :happy2:

@heavyd to be honest youll be happy whatever you end up paying, it sorts out the rear of the car and makes it safer! What more could you want?!

I've done a search but cant find his info on VWvortex how much does he charge?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2010, 08:59:38 pm »

Just waiting on RR's updates on getting inner led mod.

Just out of interest is there no way of modifying a passat inner led fit? Haven't checked the sizes but they look similar size???

....Sorry it's taking time - It's just the circumstances in which mine are being done: A very trusted friend who knows what he's doing but is always in demand. I'll post any updates as and when they happen.

Do the Passat's inner positioned LED units function? I thought that like the Valeo Golf's, they didn't (hence our mods).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »

Just waiting on RR's updates on getting inner led mod.

....Sorry it's taking time - It's just the circumstances in which mine are being done: A very trusted friend who knows what he's doing but is always in demand. I'll post any updates as and when they happen.

Do the Passat's inner positioned LED units function? I thought that like the Valeo Golf's, they didn't (hence our mods).

You are most likely right, I just thought i'd ask the question and get someone who knows a bit more to answer, cheers RR.

Would of been handy if they did work and fitted tho  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2010, 09:15:42 pm »
^^^^
It certainly might help if we knew for certain about the Passat functionality. I posted earlier in this thread some side by side comparitive pics of 'our' Golf LED tails with Golf Plus and Passat tails. All different sizes. I'm pretty sure the Golf Plus doesn't have any of the LED functionality we are so interested in.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2010, 09:53:47 pm »
RR did you get the info i sent you via pm???

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:37:37 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »
@ apollo13:
I got your PM but without a link and I forgot to ask you for it.

I'll check it out and also point Chris in that direction too. Thank You   :drinking:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 10:47:01 am »
I got my lights off ebay.de, arrived in 2 days, and they were the same colour red as my edition 30 tailslights.
They do look better, but could definetly do with some changes to the tailgate sections where they look a bit too 'lexus' like!
Hope you can get somewhere with your mod Red Robin :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2010, 11:43:04 am »
I checked out a Passat this morning: They also have the moulded part ready to house LED bulbs but none are fitted.... Volksweird!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2010, 12:52:23 pm »
My inner lights should arrive with my bloke middle of next week so hopefully have them back early week after next. Iv decided to go for twin reverse lights and the outer ring to do tail light, brake and twin fogs!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2010, 03:03:09 pm »

My inner lights should arrive with my bloke middle of next week so hopefully have them back early week after next. Iv decided to go for twin reverse lights and the outer ring to do tail light, brake and twin fogs!

....So whereabouts is this being done? In the UK?

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »
No RR theyre not being done in the U.K, so just got to wait  :popcornsoda: