Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 152358 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2012, 07:48:54 am »

http://www.viddler.com/v/93674611

....Nice one! It would seem that Auntie Beeb (the BBC) edit their commentary although it's meant to be live.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2012, 08:07:31 am »
The team radio is never played live.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #437 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:41 am »

The team radio is never played live.

....Hence the slight delay. Auntie Beeb would have a fit if it was broadcast live as is. It's pity because the real thing is far more exciting and adds to the atmosphere of what it's like driving a F1 car.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #438 on: July 22, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »
Was an ok race and im clad Vettel got a 20sec penalty, no intention of trying to pass jenson on the track at all.

At least Mclaren look vaguely competitive again.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #439 on: July 22, 2012, 07:09:38 pm »
Chuffed that Alonso won :smiley:

Also totally disagree with these comments from Vettel and Horner -

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7926757/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2012, 07:58:32 pm »
Horner and vettel need to realise its called racing, if the car in front is slower why the hell shouldnt you overtake them its not hamiltons fault he is quicker. I thought it was pretty amusing. "If he wants to go fast then he can drop back, find a gap and go fast there" I mean is he serious? Would Vettel do the same in those circumstances? Hamilton can go fast wherever the hell he likes as can anyone else.

Interesting Hamilton didnt need to go off the track to overtake vettel on the same corner as the button incident.

Horner is starting to get too cocky and arrogant for his own good these days although Damen was quick to put the muppet in his place.

Vettel is just weak at overtaking pure and simple, thats why he needs every advantage he can get to do it. Its always been his weakness compared to over drivers of the same level.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »
Come on Kimi!

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #442 on: July 29, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »
Well done Lewis!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #443 on: July 29, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

Vettel is just weak at overtaking pure and simple, thats why he needs every advantage he can get to do it. Its always been his weakness compared to over drivers of the same level.

How did his whinge to the team go today.

"Do something to get me past button!!!!"

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2012, 05:50:36 pm »

How did his whinge to the team go today.

"Do something to get me past button!!!!"

Yep in his defence though, it is pretty impossible to overtake on this circuit but still, he depends on his team more than any other top driver. I said it all along it was his car which was totaly dominant and made him look good, and with a level playing field this year he is struggling with overtakes. I dont think starting and winning from the front for the last two years has helped his development tbh.

Hamilton and Alonso are the two best drivers no question about it, Hamilton seemingly learnt alot last year from his mistakes. Button again showing unless his car is perfect he struggles although his team didnt help him today.

The Lotus i think will have a strong second half of the season and kimi is just coming into form, very light on its tyres and a new f duct upgrade coming could be interesting.

Where the hell is Kubica these days :confused:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2012, 06:02:51 pm »
^^^ got to say, I agree with all of that.  :happy2:

Shaping up to be Gonzo or Lewis. Hope it goes all the way and Lewis does him in the last race.

Not looking good for Kubica, had more surgery recently, implanting bits in his arm I believe, something to do with helping him to turn when in a car. Doesn't sound good   :scared:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2012, 12:20:07 am »
Lewis has matured a lot in his driving but can still be exciting when the occasion demands.

I don't think that any of the F1 drivers don't whinge to some degree when they don't reach the podium - Vettel isn't the only one.

But Kimi, good a driver as he is, is such a miserable twat! He wasn't happy with second place compared with Grosjean, Raikkonen is a very poor ambassador for Lotus indeed. If I was boss of Lotus I'd be having serious words with him about his bad public relations.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #447 on: July 30, 2012, 01:47:28 pm »
I was bitting my nails watching this race.  I still throughly believe that if mclaren keep developing their car Hamilton will take the title.  He just reminds of that place he was in when he burst onto the scene in 2007. 

I've always said that for me vettel isn't quite in the same class as hamilton and alonso.  He leans on the team too much to help him in regards to passing cars.   The fact that alonso will willingly partner vettel but apparently won't entertain hamilton for me is proof of this. vettel has for me been flattered by an outstanding car in my opinion. 

I really think lotus will come on strong they're yet to sort out their own "coke" bottle rear.  When they do their car will be VERY quick.  Lotus seem to finish races very strongly as well and are good on their tyres.

Can't wait for september to roll on!
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #448 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
Alonso has said this season that he wouldn't have a problem with Hamilton being his No.2 driver.

The stumbling block would be Hamilton not wanting to play 2nd fiddle. It's apparently what caused the rift with them in the first place.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #449 on: July 30, 2012, 09:59:47 pm »
^^^^ he's a cheeky little imp that Gonzo! Sounds like he is stirring the pot and playing mind games with Lewis, or if nothing else, trying to wind him up. I think he knows the title this year is between the two of them. Can't ever see them in the same team again, can you? Not a roaring success the last time. :laugh:

Lewis has matured a lot in his driving but can still be exciting when the occasion demands.

I don't think that any of the F1 drivers don't whinge to some degree when they don't reach the podium - Vettel isn't the only one.

But Kimi, good a driver as he is, is such a miserable twat! He wasn't happy with second place compared with Grosjean, Raikkonen is a very poor ambassador for Lotus indeed. If I was boss of Lotus I'd be having serious words with him about his
bad public relations.

Lewis seems to be more focused this year, not sure if Sh*tsinger is still on the scene but long may this continue.

Kimi is such a miserable sod, he has been given a seat in F1 again, as luck would have it, in a team with the potential to win races (if not the championship) and he still doesn't stop. I know that he is Finish and that's the way they can seem at times but really?

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~