Make a donation

Author Topic: Covertibles For over 30's ?  (Read 15612 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Covertibles For over 30's ?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »

And I'd go topless in a Honda S2000.

....I'd go topless in the back of my GTI.................

But not if I was alone.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 10:41:29 pm »
old classic convertibles arent gay, old merc sl, old porkas, e30 etc

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=luks9fjilokrl8q6om71s036vq&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »
old classic convertibles arent gay, old merc sl, old porkas, e30 etc

Ohhhh yes!

Mercedes Benz Museum 147 by Rich Wigley, on Flickr

Replica of Frank Sinatras 190SL

:notworthy:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 10:57:18 pm »
^^^^
Well, someone with a huge presence and charisma like Sinatra would never look wrong in anything!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:27 pm »

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 05:59:07 am »
In the early 90's when I was in my 20's I got myself an mx5. Loved the drive but feck me if would I ever drop the hood, especially going through town! Felt vulnerable, gay, like a hairdresser and/ or a knob. Only time I'd ever open the roof was in the country especially up the west coast of Scotland through the twisties. Thinking back I had the car for three years and probably only did this three or four times thanks to a combination of wet weather and self consciousness.

Exactly why if I ever get a 911, it will be a hard top.

In summary, blokes, keep your tops on. Girls feel free to go topless  :drool:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 08:23:49 am »

In summary, blokes, keep your tops on. Girls feel free to go topless  :drool:

.... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

My earliest memories of a convertible involves a close friend's dad's 1930's Railton straight-eight coupe. It wasn't a slow car either! It was duck-egg blue and had huge rear seats and also the boot opened and had foldout small 'dicky' seats. With the hood folded down, and us being small boys in short trousers, we could hide from Simon's dad and throw rotten fruit at passers-by who would then shout and gesticulate but Simon's dad was used to people waving in acknowledgement of his very handsome car and so would smile and wave back very regally.

Simon had a particularly huge cock and was excessively proud of it and would occasionally get it out and wave it! I could write a book about the things we got up to.

His uncle had an original Brooklands Bentley with supercharger and handbrake outside the car and a massive exhaust pipe big enough to roll a tennis ball down - Which us boys did on occasion but then got well out of the way when after a splutter the ball would cannon out the back!

R32UK

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 09:39:55 am »
IMO there are only 3 cabs a man can/should drive

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 09:46:28 am »
Simon had a particularly huge cock and was excessively proud of it and would occasionally get it out and wave it! I could write a book about the things we got up to.

oh really? did it involve this action  :booty:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 10:21:17 am »
Nice story Robin (except the cock part) and a truly beautiful car   :notworthy:

My Brother-In-Laws father had (or still has, not sure) a 1960's Rolls Royce Silver Cloud Convertible. A rich, deep Burgundy in colour and lots of chrome, simply breath taking and with interior leather softer than a new born babies bottom covered in Sudocrem!

If my numbers came up this evening I would own one in a heart beat, I wouldn't drive it, it would just sit there (polished and buffed to within an inch of its life) for me to look at and appreciate it for the piece of automotive art that it is.

That brings me to my only problem with certain classic cars, you need to look right in them and no matter what age I reach, I will never (IMO) look like I belong in a Silver Cloud or my dads E Type or an Aston Martin DB2 DHC........ Some say it's a "class" thing, I mean the cars, not people. Rolls Royce have it, Betley, Aston, Jaguar, Mercedes to name a few all have that magical ingredient.

A Ferrari convertible does not "suffer" with such delusions of grandeur, it is what it is, beautiful, exotic, incredible to drive, unimaginable fast and fun to drive. As for a Pagani, someone's taking the piss.........

:happy2:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:23:24 am by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

R32UK

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 10:29:07 am »
not sure what you dont like about the pagani?  :surprised:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 10:50:11 am »

They took the MGB, and made it modern/reliable/fun.

I'd have one, preferably a MKIII with a Cosworth supercharger kit  :laugh:

....Plus a roll-cage!

The MGB V8 was quite a car. Saw one on the road recently.

I remember when I was about 6 my mum had an MGB V8 (White), she sold it when I was 8 I think as me and my bro no longer fitted in the back!, she then got a BMW 2002   :happy2:, she always did like her sporty little cars  :signLOL:

Well just back from VW after dropping my beloved ED30 off for Warranty work to fix the rust on the tailgate and you can all guess what courtesy car they gave me?.....................................................yup u might have guessed, it's only a White Golf Convertible (61 plate), she gave me the keys with a smile (While I was doing my best Face-Palm) and told me how to put the roof down, had to stop her mid sentence and say there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me driving it with the roof down, driving home feeling Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Wheels for the next 4 days!  :sad1:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:08:25 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 10:52:46 am »

If I had a 3 year old son and asked him to draw a picture of a car, that's what he would draw and if you have kids you will understand what I mean by that, I'm not trying to sound evasive or rude when I say that BTW.

Someone let the desisigner/designers lose and then when done, stood back and said "Come circa la Batmobile?" to which the boss (under the influence of much Grappa no doubt) simply said "Si".

This may seem a strange thing for me to say but I would own one and I would love it but that does not mean it has class (which was and still is my point). The Footballer and Footballers wives test needs to be applied and on both counts the Pagani does not pass.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 10:56:53 am »
The Footballer and Footballers wives test needs to be applied and on both counts the Pagani does not pass.

Unfortunately when the chavs are earning 100k+ a week it pretty much puts ANY car on their radar and most decent/high end cars are gonna fail that test!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2012, 11:07:54 am »

Well just back from VW after dropping my beloved ED30 off for Warranty work to fix the rust on the tailgate and you can all guess what courtesy car they gave me?.....................................................yup u might have guessed, it's only a White Golf Convertible (61 plate), she gave me the keys with a smile and told me how to put the roof down, had to stop her mid sentence and say there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me driving it with the roof down, driving home feeling Gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Wheels for the next 4 days!

....We don't believe you! The only way you can convince us that you're telling us the truth is to post a pic of you in it with the roof down  :evilgrin: