Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone Crashed Into Me :(  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Someone Crashed Into Me :(
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:12 pm »
As the title says, someone crashed into my mk5 golf ;(. Only owned it one week and now this :@.

Basically what happened was I was entering a round about on the inside of the two lanes, as I intended to take the 3rd exit. The guy in the outside lane who pulled off from the same junction as me decided to skip both first and second exits and without signalling pulled across the lane into my front corner and arch...

It's in the insurance companies hands now, they agree with me and don't think I am liable, and when it happened he assured me it was my fault and that you can take the third exit when in the first lane... even though it was a single lane road.

Hopefully the insurers sort it out and maybe find some CCTV. Just waiting to hear back now. Thankfully no one was injured and both cars are still 100% functional!

Here are some pics ;(:

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: Someone Crashed Into Me :(
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:57 pm »
Main thing is no one got hurt mate. Did you get any witnesses?

Sent From My Samsung S3

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Someone Crashed Into Me :(
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:16:37 pm »
As the title says, someone crashed into my mk5 golf ;(. Only owned it one week and now this :@.

Basically what happened was I was entering a round about on the inside of the two lanes, as I intended to take the 3rd exit. The guy in the outside lane who pulled off from the same junction as me decided to skip both first and second exits and without signalling pulled across the lane into my front corner and arch...

It's in the insurance companies hands now, they agree with me and don't think I am liable, and when it happened he assured me it was my fault and that you can take the third exit when in the first lane... even though it was a single lane road.

Hopefully the insurers sort it out and maybe find some CCTV. Just waiting to hear back now. Thankfully no one was injured and both cars are still 100% functional!

Here are some pics ;(:

:scared:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:27:03 pm »
I would deal with outside of insurance.
Will cost no more than £400 repaired privately.
Most people's excesses are £500.
Plus future insurance cost will go up.
Hope it gets sorted.

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:50:59 pm »
I would deal with outside of insurance.
Will cost no more than £400 repaired privately.
Most people's excesses are £500.
Plus future insurance cost will go up.
Hope it gets sorted.

Think the same as above and the insurance companies will push for bump for bump (although I'm sure the other driver is at fault its proving it!).

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:00 pm »
Yeah the main thing is that no one is injured and both cars are still 100% functional and road worthy! Just annoying how he hasn't accepted liability! And I'm only third party fire and theft, and 17 years old! So I want him to pay for it! It's his fault! But we'll see, if he accepts liabilty my insurance shouldn't change, but I want to at least try :/.

It's in their hands now anyway! Anyone know how they decide who's liable when both parties disagree?

Thanks
Vish

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »
They will ask you for a detailed account for it and if any witness's were present to support your story.

I had a similar thing happen to me but luckily the guy accepted blame. Didn't stop one woman pulling over though and kindly offering to be a witness as she saw it all and agreed he was an idiot  :signLOL:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:52:04 am »
Yeah the main thing is that no one is injured and both cars are still 100% functional and road worthy! Just annoying how he hasn't accepted liability! And I'm only third party fire and theft, and 17 years old! So I want him to pay for it! It's his fault! But we'll see, if he accepts liabilty my insurance shouldn't change, but I want to at least try :/.

It's in their hands now anyway! Anyone know how they decide who's liable when both parties disagree?

Thanks
Vish

But he probably won't accept liability.
It will go to 50/50.
He's (probably?) an older driver, more experienced. You are a 17 year old who has just passed their test.
Your insurance will change.. if you are involved in a non-fault accident they deem it to be more likely that you are involved in another accident thus the big rise in insurance premium.

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 08:55:35 am »
Yeah he was older, and no one stopped or said anything, bunch of wan*ers!

Its in their hands now :(

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 09:17:58 am »
Print off the accident location from Google earth.

Get a biro/marker pen and draw on the position of the vehicles at the point of impact with an arrow continuing to show their intended exit routes. Also show at which entrance both vehicles entered the roundabout. Send this to your insurer with a description of the accident in your own words.

Are you both local and know the roundabout well? Refer to the highway code - if the intended  exit is past 12 on a clock face you should be in the right hane, if not the left hand lane. Make sure you keep the photo's of the damage.

Sometimes a 50/50 is often offered on roundabout collisions - but this does not mean that this is correct as usually you can say who has been negligent by examining the google diagrams and statements from the respective drivers and examining the vehicle damag. If your insurer suggests a 50/50 you may need to take a robust approach with them and advise that you are prepared to defend the matter and go to court to give evidence if required.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:11:32 pm »
Hopefully it doesn't take as long for the insurers to settle it as they did for mine, I was in a very similar incident to you where a van driver changed lanes without looking. He denied any wrong doing, but eventually 8 months later I was paid the money to get the car repaired.

As others have said, be a detailed as you can with your statement and diagram, and you'll prove the b*****d wrong  :happy2:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 01:51:56 pm »
It sounds like he has admitted to saying he was in the 1st lane...which is the wrong lane for the 3rd exit...therefore its his fault.

Hopefully you get it sorted soon :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »
Print off the accident location from Google earth.

Get a biro/marker pen and draw on the position of the vehicles at the point of impact with an arrow continuing to show their intended exit routes. Also show at which entrance both vehicles entered the roundabout. Send this to your insurer with a description of the accident in your own words.

Are you both local and know the roundabout well? Refer to the highway code - if the intended  exit is past 12 on a clock face you should be in the right hane, if not the left hand lane. Make sure you keep the photo's of the damage.

Sometimes a 50/50 is often offered on roundabout collisions - but this does not mean that this is correct as usually you can say who has been negligent by examining the google diagrams and statements from the respective drivers and examining the vehicle damag. If your insurer suggests a 50/50 you may need to take a robust approach with them and advise that you are prepared to defend the matter and go to court to give evidence if required.

I am local, use the round about every day, he was from Oxford, good 2 hours away! It was at about 1 or 2 o'clock, third exit. He used the left lane and I used the right, its poorly ladled but here is the round about, X marks the collision, we both entered from the same entrance but he used the left lane.

Accident damage company called me and booked me in, they agree with my insurers that I wasn't at fault, and they will give me a cover car at 17! Very happy and they said I wont incur any cost! Just waiting for the third party to knowledge the accident and accept liability which he wont :@

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »
And im just grateful thats its booked for repairs and i dont have to pay, even though the liability isn't settled! Just means i wont be out of pocket and I'm more than happy to defend my innocence in court.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »
Who is your insurance company? What would you say they were like to deal with?