Make a donation

Author Topic: R-Tech results  (Read 3974 times)

Offline al200

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
R-Tech results
« on: January 09, 2015, 06:02:44 am »
I had a stage one map carried out at R-Tech last week on my completely standard GTi and I’m very pleased with the results.  On the standard run the car made 204bhp and 223 ft lbs. Post map the car made 250bhp and 310 ft lbs.

I was expecting less than this but the torque is most surprising. 310 ft lbs seems high for a standard car or is this normal for an R-Tech map? It was a particularly cold day and earlier in the month I had changed the engine oil and put in a new OEM air filter so not sure if this had an impact.

I had a quantum map a few months ago which I had taken off as I was not very pleased with it. The power delivery left much to be desired. Massive torque spike low down and it did not seem to push as well at the top end. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun and it felt powerful but really difficult to get the power down as it was a bit all or nothing. It also kept throwing up over boost codes. This could just be the hardware on my car though rather than the map.

In comparison, the Rtech map is impressive. The power is great but more than anything it’s the way it delivers the power that impressed. Power comes in low down and then it pulls really smoothly (really, really smoothly)  all the way up to the red line. No sudden spikes or dips and it holds boost higher up in the rev range. This is also coupled with the fact that there seems to be a bit more input through the pedal.  I mean I can regulate the power more, so I can adjust power according to the conditions, which is needed in first and second gear, to prevent wheel spin but still get enough down for it to feel faster than standard.

Over all, I ‘m really pleased with it and I only paid £250 as they had a special offer on, so the savings covered the petrol cost of the 300 mile round trip.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: R-Tech results
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 06:46:30 am »
Great result  :happy2:

I got 311lb/ft although I had a K&N panel filter and pre-cat removed from the exhaust. . . Mine was mapped before Niki started using TIV mapping which gives a bit more power & torque alone.

NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline al200

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »
Thanks, thought it was high but I guess that's just the sort of torque figures they produce. Just hope the clutch holds up.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:54:53 pm »
R-Tech are the guys! i had a motech piece of crap map on mine. Was playing havoc with the DSG and despite going back to him and trying other maps they couldn't fix it.

R-Tech offered to take a look and in the process found I was only producing about 220bhp and 250lbft and that it had a manual map on the car that was effecting the dsg shifts.

Not only did he fix my issue but he re remapped it with his own map and did a full health check on the car.. then had me back for a check up a month later once everything had run in and adapted and all for an extremely reasonable price.

End result was 254bhp and 323lbft. that was with miltek cat back and pre cat delete, new DV / PCV / Cam follower etc. Feels just as strong today over a year since it was mapped.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Rob.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:27:17 pm »
Mine "only" made 262bhp on Stage2!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:15 pm »
Great numbers al200.  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline al200

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 08:22:09 am »
I think the only other thing I would like is some more noise to add to the whole experience. I was thinking about also doing the pre cat delete. Does anyone know if this would effect the map negatively? I know I would have to have the map tweaked to take advantage of is but not to bothered about that at the moment. Annoyed that I didn't do it before.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:27:19 pm »
The map will adapt on its own to this. I just went back for a health check more than anything. The pre cat delete freed up another few bhp and torques
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline al200

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 07:40:41 pm »
Nice one. Will be getting this done then. How does the pre cat delete sound? Low rumble, raspy or none off the above.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »
Nice one. Will be getting this done then. How does the pre cat delete sound? Low rumble, raspy or none off the above.

Exhaust note is slightly deeper, maybe a fraction raspier.

Turbo spools quicker though and throttle is more responsive  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline al200

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 08:47:10 pm »
No brainer for me. I'll get it done at the next service. Thanks!