Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 241598 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S Staying K03 as I've changed my mind
« Reply #675 on: December 16, 2016, 03:40:25 pm »
Me & @r5gtt  mentioned your level on tune the other day. we was saying its a practical amount of usable power for the road.
I also agree that I people dont put much consideration into the quailty of tyres. everyone seems obsessed with high BHP figures, yet wonder why they get so much wheelspin when they run plastic tyres :thinking: :thinking:

Had Eagles, switched to Michelin PS4.... Much better all round tyre, the traction is in a different league to the F1s. I'd whole heartedly recommend over the Eagle F1's, but either would be a whole lot better than plastic tyres...  :signLOL: I had a set on a while back when i borrowed some wheels whilst mine were being refurbed...... 80mph traction issues on a cold damp night coupled with feeling more like you're aqua-planing than being in contact with the road was enough to put me off ever buying them.
right thanks for the info Dan, not sure what these tyres cost but will definitely give them a look as I do need new tyres since my plastic tyres are absolutely rubbish for grip as I've come to learn this year driving around in the damn and did slip out a few months back and we discussed this with a few other members  :happy2: :drinking:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #676 on: December 16, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »
I can understand you leaving the k04. For me it's a mod you do when everything else has been perfected. I've been a bit fixated with going k04 or k03 hybrid, but in all honesty it'd mean putting off other mods that'd go further towards making it a complete build.

Once I'm at that point - happy it can put the power down, happy it looks just how I want, and happy it's got all the little touches like a good stereo and tidy interior - then I'll keep my eye out for a turbo.

Never say never, but I can't blame you for prioritising other things.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #677 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »
Seriously AJP I've been put off from the idea totally as I feel s2+ will be more than enough for road use with wmi lowering temps I'd say I'll be smiling for a long time and you're right as for me I want my car looking spanking as it was before so not interested in this K04 anymore :doh: looking good is better than going fast  :stupid: :signLOL:

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #678 on: December 16, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »
Seriously AJP I've been put off from the idea totally as I feel s2+ will be more than enough for road use with wmi lowering temps I'd say I'll be smiling for a long time and you're right as for me I want my car looking spanking as it was before so not interested in this K04 anymore :doh: looking good is better than going fast  :stupid: :signLOL:
What's this wmi you guys speak of? Haven't come across it before

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #679 on: December 16, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »

Water Methanol Injection. Google it

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #680 on: December 16, 2016, 07:31:59 pm »
A good 2+ setup will be really nice to drive. I'm yet to get the map tweak (S3 cooler and intake first) but just adding the Loba pump on the current Stage 2 map made a surprising difference. Loads of torque. I'd imagine with all the bits as well as WMI you'll be laughing. The only downside to the k03 is the boost dropping off at higher revs, but even changing up at 5k I'm straight back into the torque in the next gear.

And yes, I'm taking a 'show then go' approach, not that it's slow right now. I keep thinking I want it lower, so I might be looking at coilovers soon!

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #681 on: December 16, 2016, 07:34:34 pm »

oops I know what that is I didn't realise!!

I've been stuck on wanting a ko4 build with rtech stage 3 but having read this topic im being put off! But when I think of my friends stage 3 (bo05 sto) it makes me want ko4 again. He was pushing 360bhp

@r5gtt what numbers are you aiming to hit with stage 2+?

Offline Rampage

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #682 on: December 16, 2016, 08:37:02 pm »
Me & @r5gtt  mentioned your level on tune the other day. we was saying its a practical amount of usable power for the road.
I also agree that I people dont put much consideration into the quailty of tyres. everyone seems obsessed with high BHP figures, yet wonder why they get so much wheelspin when they run plastic tyres :thinking: :thinking:

Had Eagles, switched to Michelin PS4.... Much better all round tyre, the traction is in a different league to the F1s. I'd whole heartedly recommend over the Eagle F1's, but either would be a whole lot better than plastic tyres...  :signLOL: I had a set on a while back when i borrowed some wheels whilst mine were being refurbed...... 80mph traction issues on a cold damp night coupled with feeling more like you're aqua-planing than being in contact with the road was enough to put me off ever buying them.
right thanks for the info Dan, not sure what these tyres cost but will definitely give them a look as I do need new tyres since my plastic tyres are absolutely rubbish for grip as I've come to learn this year driving around in the damn and did slip out a few months back and we discussed this with a few other members  :happy2: :drinking:

Hi mate, the car is coming along nicely I see!  :happy2:
Bought a set of PS4's off Camskill for £89 each this week.
Today Paid £50 for fitting 2 tyres, balancing & new valves. Is this the going rate now? Feel like I've been mugged off, swear I paid £40 a few years back.
These replaced a pair of Super Sports. They were as previously mentioned in a different stratosphere to the F1s. Grip and stability a million times better and the lasted 2 years as opposed the 1 yr I got out of the F1s mate

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2016, 03:13:48 am »
A good 2+ setup will be really nice to drive. I'm yet to get the map tweak (S3 cooler and intake first) but just adding the Loba pump on the current Stage 2 map made a surprising difference. Loads of torque. I'd imagine with all the bits as well as WMI you'll be laughing. The only downside to the k03 is the boost dropping off at higher revs, but even changing up at 5k I'm straight back into the torque in the next gear.

And yes, I'm taking a 'show then go' approach, not that it's slow right now. I keep thinking I want it lower, so I might be looking at coilovers soon!
thats what I mean when I say there's no need for K04 as I think 2+ will be more than enough as I know me and if I had the power Inder my foot  :driver:
With the bits I have already and maybe a surprise you tomorrow afternoon  :wink: will top the lot. Will tell more tomorrow  :grin:

I won't be using that kind of power unless I get a twat like I did this eves in his black golf 5 flash me on the A13 london so I moved over thinking it was someone who knew me as he blasted past and was driving like a full on di** with no due care for other road users cutting traffic up in a dangerous manner. If I wanted when I seen him flash from a car I would have disappeared before he got anywhere near me but as I said thinking he knew me I slowed down to see why the guy flashed from 6cars back sly tactics. Only a pussaaaaay cat does that as I'd be giving me rolling start if I were that fast lol

Ps K04 sold  :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:15:20 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2016, 03:29:00 am »

Hi mate, the car is coming along nicely I see!  :happy2:
Bought a set of PS4's off Camskill for £89 each this week.
Today Paid £50 for fitting 2 tyres, balancing & new valves. Is this the going rate now? Feel like I've been mugged off, swear I paid £40 a few years back.
These replaced a pair of Super Sports. They were as previously mentioned in a different stratosphere to the F1s. Grip and stability a million times better and the lasted 2 years as opposed the 1 yr I got out of the F1s mate
hi mate cheers, can't believe I was going K04 one week and changed my mind after getting everything  :slap:
that's a good price so looks like camskill are the ones  :happy2:

£50 to fit two tyres like wt* that is a rip off as tyre centres usually charge £15 per rim with valves and balancing unless I'm missing something here. Birmingham only charge £7.50 per rim valve balancing. London rates are £10 to £15 for tyre fitting valve and balancing.
I had my F1 tyres on my tt for two years and still had close to 6mm when I sold the car on  :thinking: but now I've had feedback on the PS4's from a good few users I think that's the way forward as it's a golf and not a Quattro tt  :grin:

Thanks

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #685 on: December 17, 2016, 03:41:08 am »

I've been stuck on wanting a ko4 build with rtech stage 3 but having read this topic im being put off! But when I think of my friends stage 3 (bo05 sto) it makes me want ko4 again. He was pushing 360bhp

you sure at 20 you'll be capable of handling such power and torque as it might be a huge step for you? Just saying bro be careful. Remembering BBK and handling mods will definitely be needed with the kind of power that will be had from this mod-control and stopping or you're going though the back of the car in front  :scared: these are my concerns but I don't know how much skill you have driving as I've seen how the drivers with golf Gti's in East london drive and it's dangerous for them but more so other road users  :sad1:

350bhp + isn't a joke with a K04 st 2 and all the hardware.

I'm going for whatever niki can get out of my st2 + and will be happy at that as I've driven 300bhp 380bhp motors and been in a 500bhp one which are all rapid so anything close to the first figure will be awesome.

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2016, 04:31:56 pm »

you sure at 20 you'll be capable of handling such power and torque as it might be a huge step for you? Just saying bro be careful. Remembering BBK and handling mods will definitely be needed with the kind of power that will be had from this mod-control and stopping or you're going though the back of the car in front  :scared: these are my concerns but I don't know how much skill you have driving as I've seen how the drivers with golf Gti's in East london drive and it's dangerous for them but more so other road users  :sad1:

I'm going for whatever niki can get out of my st2 + and will be happy at that as I've driven 300bhp 380bhp motors and been in a 500bhp one which are all rapid so anything close to the first figure will be awesome.
Yeah bro I hear what you're saying and I know the reputation us east londoners have lol. But I don't plan to drive like an idiot on the roads, I've metioned to you I wanna be on the track! That's what my goal is.

For handling I have bilstein b14 coilovers,
Whiteline anti roll bar fitted to the car
And also whiteline antiflift kit with pirellies all around with lots of tread. That may be enough for the handling side so I'm looking at stopping power now

Currently negotiating for better brakes which will be done before any stages. Thinking about 2 pot s3 brakes ... But thinking shall I take a longer time to save up and 4pots... That would be more appropriate for the big power

My close friend has a stage 1, it's noticeably faster than mine as it definately pulls harder on the lower end but it's not enough. Another mate I met thru gti's has a stage 1 rtech mapped gti which was tons of fun to be in too but again it can easily be faster!

I really appreciate your concern mate! Nice to know the car community look out for each other

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2016, 04:33:47 pm »
@AJP I know I said I would never unless it was cheap enough so here we have it m the rest on my BCS  :smiley:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:44:44 pm by r5gtt »

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #688 on: December 17, 2016, 04:46:05 pm »
Good work on led units!!

You got the boost tape and pipe to go with the powervalve?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #689 on: December 17, 2016, 04:58:16 pm »

Yeah bro I hear what you're saying and I know the reputation us east londoners have lol. But I don't plan to drive like an idiot on the roads, I've metioned to you I wanna be on the track! That's what my goal is.

For handling I have bilstein b14 coilovers,
Whiteline anti roll bar fitted to the car
And also whiteline antiflift kit with pirellies all around with lots of tread. That may be enough for the handling side so I'm looking at stopping power now

Currently negotiating for better brakes which will be done before any stages. Thinking about 2 pot s3 brakes ... But thinking shall I take a longer time to save up and 4pots... That would be more appropriate for the big power

My close friend has a stage 1, it's noticeably faster than mine as it definately pulls harder on the lower end but it's not enough. Another mate I met thru gti's has a stage 1 rtech mapped gti which was tons of fun to be in too but again it can easily be faster!

I really appreciate your concern mate! Nice to know the car community look out for each other

I just know how easy it is to be on the road and some idiot come up behind you and you think jack you mate and off you go leaving him for dirt  :signLOL:

Stage 1 it's okay but not enough stage 2 + hoping around 270+ bhp should be enough + WMI so another 10+ maybe hp to add so shouldn't be that bad. I have porsche turbo brakes to go on so that's sorted and suspension also sorted so all in all I should have a decent set up once it's all finished and mapped.

Your handling set up sounds good but I was never keen on the Pirelli as they're too hard. I had Pirelli Rosso all round on the tt and they were awful in the wet and I mean aqua planing on the road  :scared: so I went with eagle F1 asymmetrical tyres after my Dunlop sports. Now the guys on here are saying better to go SP4 so looking into those soon as I have plastic tyres on mine from when I bought it although I should have swooped them with the F1 from the tt :signLOL: