Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 241603 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S Staying K03 as I've changed my mind
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »
I need Powervalve in my life  :party:
you seriously do as I was the first one to complain about them but you know what it was the price alone and nothing to do with its quality and it's one awesome piece of kit.  :happy2:

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »
Gorgeous system no ones hitching a ride on these tips lol
Wanna hear this setup, might tempt me to treat myself to one. Don't want something that sounds overly loud when cruising, only on wot
believe me when o say it's an amazing system and @Powervalve Nige and his team got this one perfect although it was purchased used in two goes  :happy2:

Can't keep my foot off boost now  :signLOL:
Told you so

Glad you like it pal. It's one of the biggest jobs out of the way for you too. Slowly but surely it's all coming together.
Yeah it's wicked lol

It was a nightmare doing that off the floor yesterday and I don't think I'll be doing that again as the strength in my arms have gone  :surprised: :sad1:
Lmao did you do your exhaust yourself too? Me and my mates did an exhaust transplant for my car what a mission it was   started at 6pm ended up finishing 4am

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »
Wanna hear this setup, might tempt me to treat myself to one. Don't want something that sounds overly loud when cruising, only on wot
believe me when o say it's an amazing system and @Powervalve Nige and his team got this one perfect although it was purchased used in two goes  :happy2:

Told you so

Glad you like it pal. It's one of the biggest jobs out of the way for you too. Slowly but surely it's all coming together.
Yeah it's wicked lol

It was a nightmare doing that off the floor yesterday and I don't think I'll be doing that again as the strength in my arms have gone  :surprised: :sad1:
Lmao did you do your exhaust yourself too? Me and my mates did an exhaust transplant for my car what a mission it was   started at 6pm ended up finishing 4am

yeah and what a nightmare it was having issues with my arms and a major problem with my neck too so a stupid move for sure.

:signLOL: 4am bro I'm proud of you  :grin:

Took me two hours to get it off and then I couldn't get the rear box in so waited for my friend to get the the van off the ramp and then it took 10 minutes to get the rear section on and then the tail pipe  :signLOL: that would have bee a 30 minute  job  :doh:

Offline farhan.ali

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2016, 09:59:46 pm »

Told you so

Yeah it's wicked lol

yeah and what a nightmare it was having issues with my arms and a major problem with my neck too so a stupid move for sure.

Took me two hours to get it off and then I couldn't get the rear box in so waited for my friend to get the the van off the ramp and then it took 10 minutes to get the rear section on and then the tail pipe  :signLOL: that would have bee a 30 minute  job  :doh:
Haha that's alright man. Taking it off my car was alright but we had a problem taking it off the car that had the TBE on first. As we were convinced there was only 3 bolts at the front end. However after bout 3 hours of hammering and contemplating we realised there's a forth bolt. We were fully baffed lol after the forth bolt came out it was all good.

Learnt a big lesson that day... If it's not coming off, investigate rather than bang cluelessly. Nevertheless best mod I have done as of yet.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »

Told you so

Yeah it's wicked lol

Haha that's alright man. Taking it off my car was alright but we had a problem taking it off the car that had the TBE on first. As we were convinced there was only 3 bolts at the front end. However after bout 3 hours of hammering and contemplating we realised there's a forth bolt. We were fully baffed lol after the forth bolt came out it was all good.

Learnt a big lesson that day... If it's not coming off, investigate rather than bang cluelessly. Nevertheless best mod I have done as of yet.

wow  :doh: :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #725 on: December 22, 2016, 01:13:36 am »

Told you so

Yeah it's wicked lol

if you're talking about the turbo bolts then yes mine were a son of a ***** as two snapped one sheared and was left with driving the car a while week with 1bolt tight. Took me two hours when I did the dp as I had to removed the two snapped bolts with oxyacetylene and then a week later having to remove the stripped one another 120mins so was a nightmare of a job.

Sorry should have mentioned I did the dp months back so had half the BCS already fitting after fighting with it on the work ramp so this time it was only the car back section  :wink:
Lol yeah always check YouTube for help on removing parts too as it helps  :signLOL: congrats bro you did well. If you ever need any help or advice I'm in east London so give me a hola  :happy2:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:16:32 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #726 on: December 29, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »
110mm gloss boot lid badge cost me £8.83  :jumping:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #727 on: January 03, 2017, 11:36:41 pm »
Cars in a state but the badge is on with a bit pursuation and sticky tape. Clips are useless as they're all in the wrong place so snapped them off but one  :doh:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #728 on: January 04, 2017, 09:12:51 am »
Cars in a state but the badge is on with a bit pursuation and sticky tape. Clips are useless as they're all in the wrong place so snapped them off but one  :doh:

It won't stick!! I hope I'm proven wrong but I've gone down this route before and after a while from heat/cold the tape starts to loosen and then one bit of rain, not to mention a power washer and the whole thing will rip off leaving a horrible residue in it's wake!

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #729 on: January 04, 2017, 09:25:18 am »
If it doesn't stick just buy a mk6 boot lid mechanism? I actually have a complete mk5 mechanism with a white wormed badge that may be of interest

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #730 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

It won't stick!! I hope I'm proven wrong but I've gone down this route before and after a while from heat/cold the tape starts to loosen and then one bit of rain, not to mention a power washer and the whole thing will rip off leaving a horrible residue in it's wake!
i really do hope you're wrong as the effort I went through for that after snapping the little clips that don't even locate either  :signLOL:
Maybe double sided tape on the next one  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:02:49 pm by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #731 on: January 06, 2017, 07:07:52 pm »
If it doesn't stick just buy a mk6 boot lid mechanism? I actually have a complete mk5 mechanism with a white wormed badge that may be of interest
will keep that in mind mate  :smiley:

Is that Silver inlay? Or just the flash from camera
Yep mk6 clips are different forgot to mention should hold as mine has been on for a while now...don't wanna jinx it lol
no it's the cam flash lol and may have to remove it to paint the handle matt black as it's depressingly discoloured grey  :doh:

Jinx, I don't believe in the crap :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2017, 07:48:25 pm »
Gloss black
no no no  :doh: I'm not painting the handle gloss as it will clash with the gloss badge  :stupid:  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2017, 07:51:20 pm »

Offline gman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #734 on: January 06, 2017, 11:58:14 pm »
Colourmatch maybe? Not sure if that's a bit pointless on a black car  :stupid:  :signLOL: