Make a donation

Author Topic: Yet another problem....  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Yet another problem....
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:49:18 pm »
Evening all,

Havent posted on her for a while. Bit im hoping somebody can assist. I have a 6R with 73k. Stage 2 + APR software, full turbo back miltek, APR HPFP and an ITG CAI. I had an issue a few weeks back with PCV. There was oil on the HPFP side of the engine. I thought it was the PCV failing. I got to the bottom of this, it was the curved black pipe that leads from the PCV. It had a tiny hole and was leaking oil under load. Anywayyy... Been driving fine for a week. There seems to be an intermittent loss of boost. A feeling like theres no turbo. The engine feels flat and under powered. I turn the engine off. Drive again, sometimes fine, sometimes not. There is no EML light to highlight anything specific. Ive taken off and checked the original DV. Its a revision D. It looks fine. Does anybody have any other ideas of what it could be? Any pipes that i could be checking for boost leaks? I used to have 1.8t's. The airflow meters on them used to be a common issue.
Im running out patience with the car if im honest. Ive not had a month is 6 that i havent had to fix or maintain something on it. Im seriously consider shifting the thing.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Yet another problem....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:52 am »
Firstly, where are you based? Try and find someone who can fault scan as this may be the quickest route.

Second, what fuel do you use?

Finally, have you checked the pipework from the turbo to the intercooler and then to the inlet manifold? Boost losses are common due to the intercooler pipe connections failing.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 11:30:33 am »
Im in Manchester. Ive been onto Awesome this morning to book in. Im there at 8.30 on Tuesday.

In the mean time, il take a look at the suggested pipe work.

Thanks

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:46:54 pm »
Found itttt!

The rubber pipe that connects the ITG to inlet of the turbo had come loose. The jubilee clip obviously wasnt tight enough after id taken it off a few weeks ago. Result! Saved myself £60 diagnostic labour at Awesome. The turbo is chattering its b*llocks off again.

Thanks for all your help guys....  :confused:

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:01:50 pm »
I had a similar boost problem when I fitted my intercooler to throttle body pipe. Glad it's sorted.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:14:27 pm »
Soooo.... Im back again.
Same issues as before. Zero boost, feels like im driving an SDI. Can anyone give me a definitive list of places to check. or a diagram, or anything. Im seriously considering selling the fecking thing. Ive had enough

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 676
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:13:27 am »
Zero boost at what rpm / load?   Normally you can feel the boost swelling around 2500 and then by 3 it should be in full lunatic mode.    So all of that has gone?  No sensation of boost at all, at any rpm?

Does it make a difference if you press the throttle gently or hard?  Any strange noises from the turbo?  Does it even sound like it's spooling?

If you have a D revision diverter valve, I doubt it's that.   Need to scan it really to see where all the boost is going.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D