Make a donation

Author Topic: Climate unit making some horrid noises  (Read 1450 times)

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Climate unit making some horrid noises
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:31 pm »
Afternoon guys.

Right, basically I've noticed that the climate unit, well the actuators/motors behind the dash are making some horrid almost grinding sort of noises when the climate unit is switched on.

The motors only sound like their struggling for a couple of seconds before the noise dampens out/stops and the little flaps all over the place start doing their little song and dance. Has any one come across this before? it sounds as if its coming from the center of the dash towards to top.

If anyone hasn't then does anyone have any experience of gaining access to the motors? I'll try and grease them up (if their at fault) before replacing them.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Luke.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

MPS

Re: Climate unit making some horrid noises
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:34:35 am »
Mine sounds exactly the same, I've found it comes in cycles, some days it'll be quiet, other days it sounds like the climatic is controlled by an army of mice scuttling around pulling actuator rods and recirc flaps open and closed as I press the buttons to adjust the airflow direction.  :laugh:  :grin:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:36:11 am by MPS »

Offline dTEA

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 01:14:06 am »
Mines the same and nowt wrong was the VW response just the motors moving the flaps inq accordance to your setting. They apparently sit back to closed when turned off so will sound worse when first moving.

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »
Cheers for the info. Just seems strange that it's only just started making the noise after three and a half years.

Luke.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.