Make a donation

Author Topic: What did you and your MKV do today?  (Read 2576674 times)

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Reply #9840 on: November 10, 2016, 07:01:47 am »
Finally picked up the car again from the mechanics having replaced a number of items as a list as long as your arm cuase the cock i bought the car off wiped the car on vag com before i test drove it. Well go more in depth when i do my build in a couple of months time
Edition 30 num 859

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #9841 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:53 am »
Changed my knob today! :laugh:

Before I had a cheap €20 aftermarket gearknob but it just didn't feel right and felt slack when gear changing. In the end I took the plunge and went OEM with the Edition 35 gearknob, immediately it felt better in everyway. You get what you pay for I guess!

I ended up doing the same. Got a brand new one for around €180 which I thought was a steal a few months back... How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #9842 on: November 10, 2016, 10:46:40 am »
I ended up doing the same. Got a brand new one for around €180 which I thought was a steal a few months back... How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I bought mine brand new for about €147 (~£130) including delivery, the seller is a German VW dealer (link) so it came in original packaging and VW invoicing too.

Offline 99hagued

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #9843 on: November 10, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »

I bought mine brand new for about €147 (~£130) including delivery, the seller is a German VW dealer (link) so it came in original packaging and VW invoicing too.

Wish the dsg one was this cheep

Offline c4pete

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9844 on: November 11, 2016, 08:45:01 am »
Fitted 200 cell sports cat and 3" downpipe  :happy2:
@slix which DP did you get, from where/how much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking) - this is one of my next mods, been looking at a few including this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220959138790?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and Direnza also do one similar price/spec.
Cheers, Pete.

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #9845 on: November 11, 2016, 08:49:21 am »
Fitted 200 cell sports cat and 3" downpipe  :happy2:
@slix which DP did you get, from where/how much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking) - this is one of my next mods, been looking at a few including this one on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220959138790?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and Direnza also do one similar price/spec.
Cheers, Pete.

Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390464426028

That's the one I got which is probably exactly the same just different pics. Only thing is I'd recommend getting an oem gasket as the ones they give you arnt great and might blow after a year or 2 maybe. Other than that I'm very pleased with mine.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline c4pete

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9846 on: November 11, 2016, 10:08:07 am »
Yeah, looks like the same one, glad you're pleased with it, I'll have to get my order in!

The gasket you're talking about is where it meets the manifold I guess?  What cat-back system have you got?  Did it connect with that ok?  I'm all stock exhaust at the moment and was just planning to change the DP and keep the stock cat-back.  Is there any noticeable noise difference?

Cheers,
Pete.

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #9847 on: November 11, 2016, 10:17:52 am »
Yeah, looks like the same one, glad you're pleased with it, I'll have to get my order in!

The gasket you're talking about is where it meets the manifold I guess?  What cat-back system have you got?  Did it connect with that ok?  I'm all stock exhaust at the moment and was just planning to change the DP and keep the stock cat-back.  Is there any noticeable noise difference?

Cheers,
Pete.

Yeah just bolts straight onto current oem exhaust. 90% of exhaust gains are from the downpipe so it's a good addition to the stock exhaust. Yeah the gasket where it bolts to manifold. You can use the one in the kit but might not last as long as oem.

I only swapped the downpipe mated with stock system and sounds good, a bit more meaty on full beans.

Offline c4pete

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9848 on: November 11, 2016, 10:21:59 am »
Sounds exactly what I'm looking for - was going to do this then get a remap.

Do you reckon the noise difference is subtle enough at 'normal' driving so the mrs won't notice  :wink:

Cheers,
Pete.

Offline Sandman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
« Reply #9849 on: November 12, 2016, 03:31:06 pm »
My vcds cable was delivered today so I got my airbag warning light off and also changed the setting so all doors unlock with one press of the key fob (rather than just the drivers door).

4ndy

« Reply #9850 on: November 12, 2016, 03:40:12 pm »
Replaced  inner and outer seals of both rear doors Door cards,skins off. Nice easy job

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #9851 on: November 12, 2016, 06:37:05 pm »
Sounds exactly what I'm looking for - was going to do this then get a remap.

Do you reckon the noise difference is subtle enough at 'normal' driving so the mrs won't notice  :wink:

Cheers,
Pete.

Yeah it's pretty much the same noise. Let's just say I wouldn't have noticed if someone had swapped it overnight and not told me.

Offline larry.gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #9852 on: November 13, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »

2/ I want to change the window switches and main beam switch to the MK6(?) chrome-tipped ones..does anyone have the part numbers for the genuine ones or are the ebay replicas any good?

Cheers

I've got the ebay switches in mine. I got the kit that includes the auto headlight switch, all window switches for a 4 door, folding heated mirror switch and fuel flap release switch. All mine still look like new after 2 years.
Some people have said that the symbol for the windows is a little low on the switch but mine are fine.

Cheers pal, the genuine ones are super expensive so may have to look into the ebay ones..

Got a few piccies of the car, finally stopped raining here so gave her a good clean and went for a spin  :smiley:

Chuffed to bits with it! And weirdly enough, after driving a few counties over to pick her up it turns out the previous owner lives in my village!

Offline tokomak

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9853 on: November 13, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »
My cheap RCN210 stereo had served me well but after my tax refund I decided to upgrade myself.

So went from this...

To this, the RCD330G Plus which just been fitted today.  :wink:

I probably give an indepth review of the system after using it for a week or so.

If you don't mind how are you finding the head-unit? Any annoyances or any quirks that you notice day to day? I am running with a rcd 300 but I am looking at upgrade paths.

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #9854 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:10 pm »
Quite chuffed with the purchases today from a really nice lad off the forum couldn't be more happier with the politeness and way he dealt with the sale.

Thank you Rich   :smiley: