Make a donation

Author Topic: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+  (Read 25925 times)

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+
« on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:16 pm »
Hi,
I'm picking up my edition 30 in 2 weeks and going straight to stage 2 or equivalent - map, fuel pump, milltek turbo back and induction (dbillas or EVOMS),

I'm looking for feedback from people who've gone either the GIAC Hammer map or Revo stage 2+ route.

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: GIAC versus Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:52:15 pm »
no comments ?

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
cant really comment as i have neither map, but if i were to own a KO4 id have the hammer map,

theres loads of info on maps in the tech area,  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:22:45 pm »
Best person to ask is Jonnyc as he has had both maps (GIAC on his S3 and Revo currently on his ED30). But if you are going for all the above mate I would defo go with the Revo Stage 2+. This map has been specificly designed to run along side the likes of the Autotech pump etc and should see a healthy 350-60bhp with the other mods :happy2:
AFAIK GIAC don't have a map available specifically for the HPFP yet, but for the like of Stage 1 etc it is still seen as being very good software (like Revo)..
Hope that helps mate and enjoy.. :wink:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 05:26:12 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »
I use the GIAC with the HFFP and I chose it at out the box it had the best gains over all the others - 305 with just a panel filter.
you will get loads of revo users on here to comment but they were awfully late out with their stage2

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:11:30 pm »
Revo stage 2 here, will be going for stage 2+ soon once my clutch is sorted. Cant comment on giac as i have had no experience with them, but im extremely happy with the revo performance and customer service so far. The select plus switch has also come in useful when i want to adjust the settings :happy2:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:11:49 pm »
Giac Pump and Race Maps on my Ed30 314bhp on Pump and 321bhp on Race and that's with the Carbonio intake,Miltek Catback,S3 Cooler  :happy2:   Not missed a beat using Giac Highly recommend it :driver:

Toast
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 11:14:15 pm »

I can't comment on the GIAC map itself but as Regal are the nearest GIAC agents to me, I personally wouldn't recommend it. Customer service and aftersales support is very important and Revo are excellent.

Just my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:52 am »
Does anyone have the 310 or 330 Hammer Maps, possibly a fairer comparison to the latest Revo Stage2+ offering.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32:09 am »
Does anyone have the 310 or 330 Hammer Maps, possibly a fairer comparison to the latest Revo Stage2+ offering.

A few of the S3 lads run the hammer map, although they are happy with them, they haven't made the claimed 330bhp as far as I know

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:55 am »
As Gaz says, the 'Hammer' map seems to be putting out around the 310bhp mark which is about as good as you will get for Stage 1 on a ED30 anyway, whether it be GIAC or Revo. If you want to go for more power then that is where the Milltek TBE, EVOMS and pump etc come in. With GIAC and the following mods, the best I have seen/heard of for GIAC is around the 330bhp mark. Where as with the Stage 2+ available from Revo there are already quite a few Ed30/Cupra/S3's running 350-60bhp as the map has been developed to work along side the HPFP and get the best gains.
All depends on whether you want power figures or how you want the power delivered etc. But as RR has said, the customer service from Revo is excellent and with the Select + switch allows you to fine tune you settings to give the option of how you want you power delivered etc..  :wink:
I don't think you will go wrong with either map mate to be honest. As customers from both stables seem to be chuffed to bits with their product and it is also very rare to hear of any problems arrising from either tuner..

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 12:03:56 pm »
Aren't there 2 hammer maps, 310 and 330 ?
310 from the 330 would be disappointing but It does sound like it may struggle with more hardware specific code from Revo.
Personally I'm not going to fiddle with any setting regardless but would hope to run max reliable power all of the time although I appreciate climatic diferences ultimately affect the power delivered.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:33 pm »
^^^^

I don't fiddle with my Revo settings myself but there have been occasions where it has been invaluable in looking after (turbo boost leak) and fine tuning as a result of dyno plots etc.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 05:10:11 pm »
Red Robin,  do you have concerns about previous experiences with Regal, PM/email your thoughts.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 05:47:43 pm »
Aren't there 2 hammer maps, 310 and 330 ?
310 from the 330 would be disappointing but It does sound like it may struggle with more hardware specific code from Revo.
Personally I'm not going to fiddle with any setting regardless but would hope to run max reliable power all of the time although I appreciate climatic diferences ultimately affect the power delivered.

As Robin says mate, most people never touch the settings. I for one have played about with them a tad, but have run the same settings 99% of the time. But it just gives you the option of being able to adjust if needed (hot days etc).
The 310 GIAC map is the standard Pump map and the 'Hammer' map is meant to be the 330bhp map.