All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
What's the opinion on this??
winrya:
--- Quote from: Wolfie on April 28, 2009, 03:55:53 pm ---CocoPops - put me down for the groupbuy at the price you quoted plus postage - how long do you feel we should let it run to see if we can get 10 people? As if its too long I may have to bite the bullet and pay the full price as im well keen now :happy2:
Winyra - your install looks cool - so the sound is a vast improvement then :smiley: - will just about any sub work with this device then (12" max) - I'm clueless when looking at all the descriptions such as ohms, rms etc etc
Also how easy is the install - as easy as you make it sound ? - I've removed the dash to get to the unit before but never done any ICE stuff - also is the sub just wired straight into the amp in ur pic?
Thanks for your help guys!
--- End quote ---
Yes any sub will work. It outputs 200w rms so you dont want to go crazy. The one i purchase is rated at a max of 250w so i felt they were well suited. For the type of music i listen to i was told 12" would give me the best sound.
Ref sound, it absolutely blows away the standard setup. I can only remember when i was young listening to amps just running subs so to have all the speakers and sub amped sounds fantastic to me. I'm sure with this setup you could adjust it to sound however you want it. I had it turned up a little high to begin with and a lot of the back of the car was vibrating.
I've just been for a drive and its sounding pretty much perfect although a vibrating rear view mirror is a new feature. When i have the time i probably need to turn the bass down a little on the car speakers as they were starting to distort on very testing songs (about as high as i could go though).
As far as installing it goes, I'm not great at this type of thing, i usually get half way wondering why on earth i started so this cant be too tough. If you've taken the stereo out before you will be fine, basically you unplug the old loom, plug the new one it and plug your old loom into the end of it. Obviously i tested it before i put all the cables away to make sure it was working. Then it takes a few mins to feed it to the end of the car. As i said above, from the centre of the dash you can feed the cables behind the glovebox (where the manual sits) and then drop it down the side and run it along the sills (which unclip).
I'm very pleased, I hope everybody else is impressed although I've not found anything but positive feedback for this system.
Ryan
Wolfie:
It all sounds pretty straightforward - winyra do you have a 3 or 5 door - only asking because I have a 3 door and the sills you refer to dont run along the whole of the car on the 3 door - how do I navigate the cable the rest of the way?
Or does anyone know a link outlining the procedure :happy2:
Also is the wiring of the amp itself easy enough - looks a lots of wires lol
Sorry for being so naive and generally hopeless!
animal:
Does this device negate the need for the Clean Sweep? There's no mention in the brochure of digital processing? Presumably with the Clean Sweep you still need an Amp? Sorry guys, I like my music but I know nothing about ICE.
winrya:
--- Quote from: Wolfie on April 29, 2009, 10:21:08 am ---It all sounds pretty straightforward - winyra do you have a 3 or 5 door - only asking because I have a 3 door and the sills you refer to dont run along the whole of the car on the 3 door - how do I navigate the cable the rest of the way?
Or does anyone know a link outlining the procedure :happy2:
Also is the wiring of the amp itself easy enough - looks a lots of wires lol
Sorry for being so naive and generally hopeless!
--- End quote ---
I have a 3 door, after the sill you can push the cables under the black plastic and then go down the side of the rear seat and into the boot.
There are 5 cable blocks all labelled so you can't get it wrong;)
winrya:
--- Quote from: animal on April 29, 2009, 11:54:51 am ---Does this device negate the need for the Clean Sweep? There's no mention in the brochure of digital processing? Presumably with the Clean Sweep you still need an Amp? Sorry guys, I like my music but I know nothing about ICE.
--- End quote ---
Correct, amp, cable and sub and you Have everything you need
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version