Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 153548 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #600 on: September 29, 2012, 06:40:08 am »
Apparently Schumi has already had talks at Suaber to replace Perez

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #601 on: September 29, 2012, 11:13:07 am »
i thought Shumi might have moved to DTM or something of a similar ilk

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #602 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:35 am »
Reasons why Lewis had to move on are starting to become more apparent. It seems mclaren isnt quite the team they would like us to believe. Thats added on to the list of alonso and kimi who have either come right out or hinted that as a driver, life at macca isnt too fun.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8123532/-Managed-To-Within-An-Inch-Of-His-Life-

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
There is an article in the Telegraph by Coulthard of a very similar ilk. I can't believe they insist on keeping the winners trophies. I find that so bizarre.

Comments by Whitmarsh this week were also interesting. He boldly claimed that he (Hamilton) was making a big mistake leaving, and also (somewhat unbelievably) claimed they had offered to make Lewis the highest paid driver in F1. If rumours are to be believed and Alonso earns €30m a year and Hamilton €16, then they were effectively doubling his salary. Where would they get that money, and considering they give both drivers equal status, where would that leave Button?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:43 am »
I think it's totally out of order for a team to keep the driver's trophies. Afterall, doesn't a GP winning team also get a trophy? And what happens when a team ceases to exist?

To begrudge a driver his trophies and memories in his retirement is outrageous IMO. I have some very minor trophies for my amateur Time Trialling (bicycles) [and I expect Hedge has a few too] and they represent a lot to me personally.

I have just gone off any support for McLaren big time. I have always been a Ferrari fan anyway but I now want Lewis to beat the McLarens next season and for Seb Vettel to do the same.

I am now left with the feeling that McLaren have groomed Lewis from an early age just like a rent-boy.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2012, 11:44:56 am »
There is an article in the Telegraph by Coulthard of a very similar ilk. I can't believe they insist on keeping the winners trophies. I find that so bizarre.

Comments by Whitmarsh this week were also interesting. He boldly claimed that he (Hamilton) was making a big mistake leaving, and also (somewhat unbelievably) claimed they had offered to make Lewis the highest paid driver in F1. If rumours are to be believed and Alonso earns €30m a year and Hamilton €16, then they were effectively doubling his salary. Where would they get that money, and considering they give both drivers equal status, where would that leave Button?

But at the same time, ross brawn mentioned they werent paying LH more than he was offered by macca so who knows.

McLaren took the stance that they hired lewis and not the other way around, so it was down to them whether he would be driving for them in 2013 or not. Looks like ronny boy was wrong.

As for equal status in macca, thats the sole reason why they havent won many trophies since hakkinen. If all your top competitiors are doing it, you need to figh fire with fire, UNLESS your car is dominating, something which macca havent had in donkey years.

McLaren have also said Lewis was a Experiment!!!! Cheek! I think they are the ones who are throwing their toys out the pram now, as the sponsors where there for lewis like it or not. Hes the one who is constantly in the papers, on peoples minds, bad or good.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:57 am »
I think it's totally out of order for a team to keep the driver's trophies. Afterall, doesn't a GP winning team also get a trophy? And what happens when a team ceases to exist?

To begrudge a driver his trophies and memories in his retirement is outrageous IMO. I have some very minor trophies for my amateur Time Trialling (bicycles) [and I expect Hedge has a few too] and they represent a lot to me personally.

I have just gone off any support for McLaren big time. I have always been a Ferrari fan anyway but I now want Lewis to beat the McLarens next season and for Seb Vettel to do the same.

I am now left with the feeling that McLaren have groomed Lewis from an early age just like a rent-boy.

I agree, ive been a lifelong macca supporter, but am not happy with how they have gone about with themselves in the last 2-3 years, or should I say since whitmarsch came along.

It was also macca that made lewis lie to the FIA.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8119839/Brawn-Trust-Hamilton

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2012, 11:54:10 am »
^^^^
I reckon the fall out from Lewis leaving is going to do a lot of damage to McLaren's reputation. I know it's a very hard-nosed highly competitive sport but the fans should not be ignored.

I have always appreciated how good a driver Lewis is but never been a huge fan, but now I so want him to beat the McLarens next season. And I expect he will be even more on a mission to do so too!

Perhaps Alonso isn't such a bad guy afterall - He is certainly one of the best F1 drivers (and he drives a red Ferrari  :notworthy:)

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2012, 12:00:29 pm »
Thats the thing, Ive actually come to really like Alonso now too, never used to, and it seems him and lewis get on quite well these days also.

I think theres been some arrogance on the part of macca, they have now lost the two top drivers in the last 4-5 years.

Now they have button who was consistently out qualified by hamilton, and perez who has been consistently outqualified by kobayashi.

In the end us the public are the biggest winners, would be good to see mercedes join the lotus, RBR, ferrari, mclaren battles!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2012, 12:07:46 pm »

In the end us the public are the biggest winners, would be good to see mercedes join the lotus, RBR, ferrari, mclaren battles!

....Yeah!! Bring it on!!

:happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »
Got to agree with both of you on all the above, always  been a big McLaren fan but will be switching to Merc' and Leeis with an eye on Gonzo. Got to admit he is bloody good and a more than fair driver on the track.

Hamilton has always had a bug bare about keeping the trophies and he sholud, the drivers are the ones risking life and limp (allbeit for an incredible amount of money).

I believe another big factor in the move, apart from being with Ross Brawn, the money etc etc, is Nico Rosberg who is a good friend of his after first being teammates in 2000 in a karting team.

....Yeah!! Bring it on!!

:happy2:

To right!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:59:18 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2012, 12:34:34 pm »
^^^^
And what's the betting, Martin & Pov, that there's thousands more fans who are thinking the same as us and will switch allegiance accordingly. If it was the football stadium terraces there would be all sorts of interesting songs!

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
« Reply #612 on: September 30, 2012, 06:22:11 pm »
Looking forward to next season now !!

I reckon Bottas will replace Senna... Wonder if Kovalinen will make a move up the grid too... Could be some very interesting moves coming up !!
Ant

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: October 02, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »
Thats the thing, Ive actually come to really like Alonso now too, never used to, and it seems him and lewis get on quite well these days also.

Exactly the same here!! Alonso has really grown on me this year. I think Hamilton will struggle for a short while but when he gets used to his new surroundings its gonna be a very interesting season.

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2012, 09:24:50 am »
Retirement number two announced for Schumacher. Pretty gutted his "comeback" never really materialised.