All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Quick question for Redrobin

<< < (3/5) > >>

tony_danza:
Swapping the inners is an absolute doddle, don't be put off.

German ebay is 1 source...

Or, I've just spoken to Mike at VWSpeed (as he's a mate of mine) and he'll do a special order for some when we get back from the 'Ring on the 20th of May, if a few people want them. He doesn't carry them in stock at the moment.

The exchange rate is still shocking, so it'd be a case of whatever it is on the day of ordering you pay, although he'll try and sort something in the way of a deal, obviously. I'll get some "rough" costs and see if anyone's interested.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Norbreck21a on May 07, 2009, 11:50:49 am ---Really think it's a must have now  :signLOL:

Saw Robins thread over at Tyresmoke, and think I will try and go down the route of installing the outers only (even though you still need to buy the inners), and using the ED30/R32 darkened inners.

This would mean not having to mess around with removing reflectors etc. AFAIK, (and please correct me if I am wrong), although the inners look like LEDS's there are none ? It's only a reverse and fog standard bulb with a dummy LED outer - right ?


--- End quote ---

....Correct :smiley:

The dummy LED inners is my only criticism.

I think I might rewrite that Tyresmoke thread as a Review over here.

Norbreck21a:
Thanks for confirming Robin. I think a review thread here would be a good thing.

Tony, thanks for speaking to Mike. Would be interested to see what he can do when he gets back.

Appreciate all the feedback guys.  :happy2:

Norbreck21a:
You know, I was just sat here thinking guys.

When I purchased the Golf, I said to the wife, I want a top spec one, with all the toys, on the promise that if I managed to find a car fully loaded, then I wouldn't need to spend anymore money....how wrong was I ?

I spent the last 3 years constantly adding bits here and there. Not huge amounts of money at a time (certainly not like some of the guys on here), but constant. Started with Sat Nav, then the Alloy pedals, the exterior styling, new badges, GTI Steering Wheel (adding the MFSW) etc etc....

What is it with Dubs, that you just can't stop modding ?  :laugh:

tony_danza:
The naughty internet fairy whispers into your ear...

No worries on asking Mike, but don't expect them to be as cheap as the good old days - the Euro really is crap!  :sad:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version