Make a donation

Author Topic: ....OMG..........PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 29297 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: ....OMG..........PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 02:17:08 pm »
£56k? Poor barstewardss, I wouldn't get out of bed for that, let alone stalk motorway service stops looking for hookers to murder.

Sideways yo!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 02:24:28 pm »
f*ck it there goes my over time/call outs/ get out the workshop for a few hours on a jolly, the A30 in devon is dead as it is, with no fuel around there will be tumble weeds rolling on it,hang on......i wonder if tumble weeds breakdown and are covered by green flag?

dont worry dude, easter is coming and the tourists will all run out of fuel in devon trying to get to me in cornwall  :P

..you can have em all  :happy2:

Im just thinking of the over time  :signLOL: didnt know you are in Cornwall, where abouts mate?

down in penzance buddy, i have to tolerate this view from my house:

horrible place to live... honest...  :grin:

...not my actual view, but near as damn it  :innocent:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:21 pm »
^^^ Sickening.....  :notworthy:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »
yeah the things i have to tolerate eh  :laugh:

i'll actually have to walk to the beach if i run out of fuel this week

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 02:28:05 pm »
VC i feel sorry for you, that view only looks like that 4 days a year, the rest of the time its pissing it down with rain :signLOL:, not far from me, im in Tavistock but work in lifton near Launceston, are you going to the VW show in a couple of weeks? fuel permitting
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »
yeah the things i have to tolerate eh  :laugh:

i'll actually have to walk to the beach if i run out of fuel this week

Life's a bitch eh?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 02:33:29 pm »
Oh FFS.

How long can V-power stay stored in a jerry can without losing octanes?

Not sure about how fast it loses octanes, i recall reading something that said about a week but could be plucking that from my arse. I have however had full tanks worth of fuel in jerry cans for nearly a month and i never noticed any problems/had any issues with it when i used it.

....So does that mean that if a car stays in its garage for a fortnight, the V-Power in its tank will deteriorate?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:05 pm »
VC i feel sorry for you, that view only looks like that 4 days a year, the rest of the time its pissing it down with rain :signLOL:, not far from me, im in Tavistock but work in lifton near Launceston, are you going to the VW show in a couple of weeks? fuel permitting

fuel permitting yeah i'll be heading over there, the shows only being held there due to a john o groats lands end mission from some dubbers, but a fuel strike might cause a cancellation  :fighting2:

bora hopefully will be in her new outfit and parked in the show n shine daily drivers area  :happy2:

...oh and it never rains in cornwall... its just differing levels of mist  :laugh: :grin:

i've got a mate in tavistock, runs dubmonkeys aircooled garage  :smiley:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »
Oh FFS.

Not sure about how fast it loses octanes, i recall reading something that said about a week but could be plucking that from my arse. I have however had full tanks worth of fuel in jerry cans for nearly a month and i never noticed any problems/had any issues with it when i used it.

....So does that mean that if a car stays in its garage for a fortnight, the V-Power in its tank will deteriorate?

...that would mean the storage tanks at fuel stations would deteriorate too, it must last longer than that

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 02:38:51 pm »
Oh FFS.

...that would mean the storage tanks at fuel stations would deteriorate too, it must last longer than that

....Exactly. That's my point: The fuel isn't going to deteriorate in just a few weeks.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »
^^ absolutely robin. No way it will 'go off' that quickly

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 02:48:18 pm »
f*ck it there goes my over time/call outs/ get out the workshop for a few hours on a jolly, the A30 in devon is dead as it is, with no fuel around there will be tumble weeds rolling on it,hang on......i wonder if tumble weeds breakdown and are covered by green flag?

dont worry dude, easter is coming and the tourists will all run out of fuel in devon trying to get to me in cornwall  :P

..you can have em all  :happy2:

Just to compound your issues my parents are heading for their house in Cornwall (St.Ives) on saturday and staying for 3 months  :P
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »
Oh FFS.

....Exactly. That's my point: The fuel isn't going to deteriorate in just a few weeks.

I did say i could be plucking it out of my arse. Don''t forget though the storage tanks in fuel stations etc are purpose built for that job. Jerry Cans etc aren't designed to store fuel long term.

I did also say i had kept some for nearly a month and never had any adverse effects from it in my car.

So  :P :booty: :P :booty:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

I did say i could be plucking it out of my arse. Don''t forget though the storage tanks in fuel stations etc are purpose built for that job. Jerry Cans etc aren't designed to store fuel long term.

I did also say i had kept some for nearly a month and never had any adverse effects from it in my car.

So  :P :booty: :P :booty:

....I know you did, Carl - I wasn't challenging your wisdom on this  :happy2: - I think you are right in that proper fuel tanks, as opposed to jerry cans, are more designed and built for purpose but that jerry cans will still do the job even if more limited.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »

fuel permitting yeah i'll be heading over there, the shows only being held there due to a john o groats lands end mission from some dubbers, but a fuel strike might cause a cancellation  :fighting2:

bora hopefully will be in her new outfit and parked in the show n shine daily drivers area  :happy2:

...oh and it never rains in cornwall... its just differing levels of mist  :laugh: :grin:

i've got a mate in tavistock, runs dubmonkeys aircooled garage  :smiley:

Dubmonkeys is near me, i did hear it had changed hands/closed recently, may be wrong tho

show and shine, will have to give that a miss, will have the OH and kids so my car will look a mess by the time i get to the middle of Tavy :signLOL: will come and find you for a chat tho  :happy2:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP