All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Manual or DSG?

<< < (3/7) > >>

gadge:
What i want is a fun drive. If i got DSG i dont know if it would just be a novelty at first and then just left in auto all the time.

Hurdy:
I use manual nearly all the time now.

Got used to it and love it.

D is only used in major traffic

S is almost redundant :evilgrin:

gadge:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 30, 2009, 06:37:58 pm ---I use manual nearly all the time now.

Got used to it and love it.

D is only used in major traffic

S is almost redundant :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

manual mode on the dsg box?

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on May 30, 2009, 06:32:03 pm ---Well having both a manual and a DSG I can see advantages to both. No matter what anyone says I feel far more in control in my manual but love the cruising ability of the DSG.

If I wanted a spirited drive I would choose the manual every time!  :happy2:

Depends what you want your car for!  :wink:

--- End quote ---

....Methinks that if you start doing what Hurdy and myself do and drive mostly in M-mode with the paddles in DSG, you'll grow to prefer it.

Running DSG in D the whole time is a complete waste imo.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: gadge on May 30, 2009, 06:40:33 pm ---
manual mode on the dsg box?

--- End quote ---

....Yes. Think and shift exactly when you would a conventional Manual except that you can do it with the paddle shifters and don't need to use your left foot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version