All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Air Con & Fuel.....

<< < (5/6) > >>

docker1996:
Don't you need to run the aircon regularly to keep the system in good condition?  :confused:

Ifti:

--- Quote from: docker1996 on June 01, 2009, 10:16:18 am ---Don't you need to run the aircon regularly to keep the system in good condition?  :confused:

--- End quote ---

Dunno.
Never really use dthe aircon much in my previous car as the load it put on the engine felt immense! Really held the car back for some reason!
Never had any problems with it when I did need to use it though.......

neg:

--- Quote from: docker1996 on June 01, 2009, 10:16:18 am ---Don't you need to run the aircon regularly to keep the system in good condition?  :confused:

--- End quote ---

yes its advised to - in winter if you run with the compressor off most the time its advised you give it a blast every so often to keep it in tip top condition - saying that with the british weather you probably find you need to use it on occastion in the winter.

neg:

--- Quote from: Ifti on June 01, 2009, 10:33:27 am ---
--- Quote from: docker1996 on June 01, 2009, 10:16:18 am ---Don't you need to run the aircon regularly to keep the system in good condition?  :confused:

--- End quote ---

Wife has one of the new MINI's when they first came out with Climate - that was a rubbish system and really drained the power.  The GTI although it does drain power is hardly noticable.

Dunno.
Never really use dthe aircon much in my previous car as the load it put on the engine felt immense! Really held the car back for some reason!
Never had any problems with it when I did need to use it though.......

--- End quote ---

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Ifti on June 01, 2009, 09:36:07 am ---
I do the same as RR - just switch the AC on when I need to in short periods, just to cool the cabin down a little, then its back to 'AUTO/ECON'!


--- End quote ---

....Except that I go back to nothing set at all.

I just done a B-road drive this morning with sunshine roof open and all windows down only an inch - Plenty of tree cover and very fresh and comfortable with no aircon etc on at all.

I rarely use the heater in Winter either - Sometimes just to demist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version