All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Air Con & Fuel.....

<< < (4/6) > >>

vwrascal:
wtf is econ?   :confused:

v2brett:
Econ is the button you press to turn the aircon off,  its labelled different in some cars though   :happy2:

RedRobin:
....

Econ = Economy

If you sit at traffic lights and switch the AirCon on and off you'll hear and see the engine revs change and therefore more fuel is being used.

Just cruising in town or similar, I'll have the sunshine roof open on days like today and have my rear windows down just an inch to release the cabin pressure.

I don't like the road noise of open windows either but I only use the AirCon (heater set to Lo) to chill the cabin in short periods.

Top Cat:
I very rarely have the air-con running, and get the windows down whenever possible.

But i do have blueflame so i guess i am obliged to.  :evilgrin:

Ifti:

--- Quote from: v2brett on May 31, 2009, 10:44:58 pm ---Econ is the button you press to turn the aircon off,  its labelled different in some cars though   :happy2:

--- End quote ---

I think its labelled AUTO in mine.

I do the same as RR - just switch the AC on when I need to in short periods, just to cool the cabin down a little, then its back to 'AUTO/ECON'!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version