All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Used Car Warranty - All Dealerships?

<< < (3/5) > >>

rdfcpete:
Hey Tom,

N'town based? Cool. I'm Northants too.

Kettering and Northampton Autohaus are going through some sort of Franchising change to then be called 'Parkway Northampton' & 'Parkway Kettering' respectively. I called up last Tuesday to ask about some parts/servicing prices (Kett) and the chap on the phone said not a chance data wise because their computer system wasn't online, and to call back end of this week. Pretty unpro to have downtime during business hours but clearly it couldn't be avoided (?!)

My guess would be to try Milton Keynes, Vindis Bedford or a Leicester dealer maybe?

TomB:
Ah I should've guessed you were local, you're a Diamonds fan then!  Yeah I'm in Northampton town for my sins!

So they've been bought out, Parkway own the Derby dealer.  Wollaston BMW had similar fate a few months back, but the new owner kept the old name.  Shame, I liked the name Autohaus!

I've decided to send it back to Towcester...they've not got the best reviews but they supplied it so they had all my details there.  Just under 2 weeks with a loan car, which isn't too bad considering some of the lead times I've worked with at other dealers.

neg:
Parkway also own Leicester

rdfcpete:

--- Quote from: TomB on June 10, 2009, 11:00:36 pm ---Ah I should've guessed you were local, you're a Diamonds fan then!  Yeah I'm in Northampton town for my sins!

So they've been bought out, Parkway own the Derby dealer.  Wollaston BMW had similar fate a few months back, but the new owner kept the old name.  Shame, I liked the name Autohaus!

I've decided to send it back to Towcester...they've not got the best reviews but they supplied it so they had all my details there.  Just under 2 weeks with a loan car, which isn't too bad considering some of the lead times I've worked with at other dealers.

--- End quote ---

Heh, indeed I am :) Yeah, BMW had a 'closing' down sale last time I went past - has that died a death now, or was it just a pun to get some easy sales?

Yeah Parkway have bought both too. I'm hoping if I call up either now, I actually receive some kind of 'service'.
What's the courtesy car you've got?
More importantly too, what's wrong with yours?  :surprised: :smiley:

I'll look out for you in that case, Red 5 door 07 plate, yeah?

TomB:
Wayside couldn't tell me what I'd get, so I'm expecting a 1.2 Fox.   Anything better is a bonus!  The excess on it is £2500 unless I pay them £12...ouch!

I've lost some power, so we think its got a boost leak or a knackered dump valve.  Hopefully its a quick fix, I want the car back for the weekend!

Mine's a red 3 door, reg ends in TAB.  If you spot me, give me a wave!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version