All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Gti and ED30 advice

<< < (3/5) > >>

WhiteGTI:
You're a good sport John!  :grin: :grin: :happy2:

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on June 09, 2009, 05:23:28 pm ---You're a good sport John!  :grin: :grin: :happy2:

--- End quote ---

I'm open to bribes :innocent:

DanoGTI:
Firstly welcome  :smiley:

Secondly - it must be very painful to sell the Porsche - it looks FANTASTIC  8)

Depends on how far the credit crunch has forced you and your definition of "re-evaluation"!! I'd go GTI (no offence to the ED30 owners)

The real world difference isn't that much (well certainly not in comparison to a Porsche!)

Best of luck either way  :happy2:

Dan

stugolf:
Thanks for the kind words about my car guys, it is difficult to sell the Porsche as I do love it so much and even though it is "low spec" for a Porsche its much quicker than I thought! Mine weighs 1320kgs because its a manual Carrera 2 with 300bhp!

So I want something that is still very quick and cheaper to buy.

Never been in a MK5 GTI but know do you guys find the interior quality? I've heard conflicting reports saying its very nivce and some reports have said its quite cheap?

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: stugolf on June 10, 2009, 10:02:47 am ---
Never been in a MK5 GTI but know do you guys find the interior quality? I've heard conflicting reports saying its very nivce and some reports have said its quite cheap?


--- End quote ---

....Some people are critical of the Mk5 GTI's interior. Personally I much prefer it to the Mk6 which has had its interior blinged up silver components added to match the Audi style - I hate that new steering wheel, it's so fussy.

Modern Porsche interiors are outstanding and styled very appropriately for the car, but I see the GTI as a funkier form of transport and not pretentiously trying to be a luxury limo.

It all comes down to your personal expectations.

Btw, the standard seats are excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version