All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

High Mileage GTI's

<< < (5/7) > >>

TomB:
I'll check that out with the dealer when it goes in this week, as mine was built in June 05, MY06 car.

SteveP:
^^^ Wayside Towcester are defo aware of the steering rack issue as they replaced one for me under warranty on my old 2005 GTI  :smiley:

RedRobin:
....

I fear it may have been one of those "we'll fix it if you report it under warranty" issues - Dunno but I wanna find out.

winrya:
when my june 05 rack was replaced the notification from vw was to replace if asked about but not to raise a recall as its not a safety issue and the cost is around 1k

SteveP:
^^^ That's what I was told when mine was done, they called it something like a cosmetic issue  :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version