All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
VW Servicing Price Match - check this out!
182_blue:
i always ask for a price match, my golf cost me £99 and the wifes car was originally £180 for the service and it cost me £129 :happy2: :happy2:
TomB:
To make sure the genuine part numbers and prices are on your quote, pop to your parts dept and get them to quote you on the service parts, then take that to your independent so they can put the details on their quote. While you're at the dealer, get a quote on the service work and ask them what time VW gives for the work. If it's 1.2 hours, see if you can get your independant to put 1.2 hours on their quote.
I have good relations at VW dealers, but not at the service desk where money is concerned. I've worked service reception in the past so I see everything from both sides, my customers would always try and barter, but the ones with a written quote would get a price match. When I worked for Kia, they set the servicing costs, so all dealers across the country had the same rate. If you wanted a quote, it was no problem, and the quote showed a complete breakdown including part numbers, prices, times and the work they'd be doing. I hope VW do something similar.
Caz:
at the end of the day, independant garages will always be cheaper as they dont have a high set labour rate.. bob jst works for £30 £40 an hour.. our labou rate is £66 + vat. thats one of the factors that add upto the cost of the service..
parts prices we'll always agree on as they should be ours, we wont fit anything else..
plus, most garages dont offer or do an inspection, its just a basic service.. I go mentsl at my mam, as she has a company car and has to take it to Boro Tyres for her servicing and its called a service, but its a basic oil and filter change.. 2 weeks after her service was done and being told nothing on collection, she had to have two front tyes repalced as they were below legal limit.. i was appalled..
RedRobin:
....
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys!
A Service at a good VW dealer involves more than just an oil change. ESI = Extra Saftey Inspection - And it's free of charge.
If you've got a modern car like a Mk5, don't feck about! It's simply not worth it.
markymark:
I agree RR, I just dont like being bent over by them on price. My dealer is charging over £100 p/h inc VAT! :scared: If I can use this price promise to my best advantage I will but I will not substitute it for quality or service.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version