All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
VW Servicing Price Match - check this out!
neg:
cam belt I would think is maintenance so this should be covered, come on who's going to try...
Caz:
we offer this.. we do like to see a printed quote from garages though..
as we once had a guy get a quote from a garage up the road, then come to us for a quote then asked us to price match.. but when looking at the quote he'd been given at other garage, the part numbers wern't vw parts.. even worse, it said at the bottom of the quote that genuine parts would be used.. :confused:
you do get ppl saying why dont you quote cheaper in the first place.. but tbh, were set to vw's times on jobs.. and also how long the techies think jobs take.. plus for safety aspects, it's better for jobs to be completed in good time and be checked thoroughly, rather than rushed..
markymark:
--- Quote from: Caz on June 17, 2009, 10:07:50 am ---
but tbh, were set to vw's times on jobs.. and also how long the techies think jobs take.. plus for safety aspects, it's better for jobs to be completed in good time and be checked thoroughly, rather than rushed..
--- End quote ---
I expect this from where ever I take my car and its some what irrelevant how long the job takes, it could take him 5mins or 5 days, its price at the end of the day which is being negotiated not the level of service.
I know its difficult out there for everyone and there must be a lot of dealers scratching around for work but its about time prices were rationalised. My dealer is not known for being the cheapest but next time I will be shopping around for the best price then asking them to match as i trust them 100% with there service levels! :happy2:
ub7rm:
I asked my local dealer if they pricematched, they said they would ' within reason'. As Caz said they wanted to see written quotes and this has proved difficult, email requests for quotes from indy's were replied to with ' your estimate has been calculated, please call us to discuss'. I'm sure they are fed up with having their estimates used to loose them work.....
RedRobin:
....
As far as I'm concerned it's not just about the lowest price you can get. I've built up a very friendly and trusting relationship with my VW dealer since buying my GTI from them in 2005. They don't charge me for lots of small things and also give me discount. I'm a very friendly, patient, and flexible customer and they very much appreciate it - It's all about people.
My dealer has price matched tyres just on my verbal, but they know me very well and trust me. They even told me where I might get the best prices.
VWRacing will now be doing my VW servicing as they now have the official approvals. My VW dealer totally understands this because my car is so modified, but I'll still use them for some minor things because VWR are 170 miles away!
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version