Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome GTI review  (Read 20776 times)

scottm72

Re: Awesome GTI review
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 01:26:45 am »
as said before, not very good service
that's me done with awesome, cant be doing with all the chasing rubbish
ps,,, forgot to say,,, I requested a refund a week ago as they said I could if I wanted, guess what,,,, no refund yet ffs
another customer = gone
RIP awesome gti

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 06:47:49 am »
I didn't bother putting it on here before now but I've recently had a bad experience with them too.

Rang to get prices for big brake kits etc and I rang them on Black Friday around dinner time, they asked if they could ring me back with a price when Tarox got back to them and said it'd only be 10mins. After 2 calls to them that afternoon for updates, one the following day and then once on their status on Facebook I still got nowhere and told excuses after excuses. After a few days I sent a message to their inbox on Facebook and Mark the Director got back to me and assured me it would be chased up that evening, I presumed he meant the following day so left it 24 hrs and still had nothing. I then went on a training course for a week, contacted them again and they had forgotten what I'd even asked for by this point so I said I'm fed up of chasing them up constantly and that I wanted to leave it now. After Mark practically begged me to give them a chance to redeem themselves I gave in and the next day at 10am I got a phone call off the sales manager with prices to everything I asked for and they e en sent everything to me in an email 30 mins later as requested.

Ok service in the end but I wouldn't expect anything less and won't be using them again due to me constantly chasing them up and getting excuses but nothing done, even all the way up to the top of the ladder.

I do also think maybe they had just given me excuses when I bought and had everything fitted for stage one on my ED30 and WALK too. Got given a quote but when I came to pay it was £000's more than quotes, I was then told that they hadn't included VAT in the quote, fair enough I suppose but only if they'd told me it was plus VAT. I then had faults with it for the following 6 weeks and they couldn't figure it out but swore blind it had nothing to do with the map even though it only started happening when that had been done.

I just need to find myself a new local tuner near Warrington/Wigan/Manchester area really. If anyone has any suggestions then please PM me :)

Dont use psi tuning!

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 08:37:35 am »
They told me that when they make a sale and the item IS NOT IN STOCK they will NOT order the item from their supplier until they have a minimum amount of orders for that particular supplier,,, ie,,, they need something like 50 items before they put their order in,,,,, WTF.

If this is true, and I tend to believe it is; it's a hideous way of conducting an online business.

Re: The stock control on Magento, check the extensions lib, iirc there's quite a few fully featured ones for around £600.  A full integration for something like Awesome could topple into the thousands quite easily though.

Having said that, Awesome are putting products up as in-stock when they know full well they don't have any... which kind of makes the whole thing a farce.  Employing this method of commerce may get you a few suckers (me) buying some more products, but your going to make them p!ssed, never to return.

Is someone at Awesome trying to fook up their company? :rolleye:

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »
I didn't bother putting it on here before now but I've recently had a bad experience with them too.

Rang to get prices for big brake kits etc and I rang them on Black Friday around dinner time, they asked if they could ring me back with a price when Tarox got back to them and said it'd only be 10mins. After 2 calls to them that afternoon for updates, one the following day and then once on their status on Facebook I still got nowhere and told excuses after excuses. After a few days I sent a message to their inbox on Facebook and Mark the Director got back to me and assured me it would be chased up that evening, I presumed he meant the following day so left it 24 hrs and still had nothing. I then went on a training course for a week, contacted them again and they had forgotten what I'd even asked for by this point so I said I'm fed up of chasing them up constantly and that I wanted to leave it now. After Mark practically begged me to give them a chance to redeem themselves I gave in and the next day at 10am I got a phone call off the sales manager with prices to everything I asked for and they e en sent everything to me in an email 30 mins later as requested.

Ok service in the end but I wouldn't expect anything less and won't be using them again due to me constantly chasing them up and getting excuses but nothing done, even all the way up to the top of the ladder.

I do also think maybe they had just given me excuses when I bought and had everything fitted for stage one on my ED30 and WALK too. Got given a quote but when I came to pay it was £000's more than quotes, I was then told that they hadn't included VAT in the quote, fair enough I suppose but only if they'd told me it was plus VAT. I then had faults with it for the following 6 weeks and they couldn't figure it out but swore blind it had nothing to do with the map even though it only started happening when that had been done.

I just need to find myself a new local tuner near Warrington/Wigan/Manchester area really. If anyone has any suggestions then please PM me :)

The Prices and Charges (Tax - Inclusive Statements) Order, 1973 requires that all retail prices marked on goods or prices displayed or quoted at the retail level and all charges for services displayed or quoted should be tax-inclusive (e.g. VAT) except where it is intended solely for a business customer.

Offline Daffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:28 pm »
Ordered last night the 42DD bushes which were according to the site in stock and dispatch 1-2 days. Got home tonight and they are not in stock and will be 3-4 weeks before they can send out. Have asked for them to refund money and I will have a look elsewhere.
This is my first order so have no experience either way of the company. Will shop around over next day couple of days and see what can be found as I hate waiting for anything that is in stock and paid for.

Offline BlackGTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:24 pm »
For 42DD (Draft Design) parts why don't you just order direct from them. This was what I done when I bought my oil catch can kit. I contacted Awesome GTI and 42DD and it worked out cheaper for me to order from 42DD even though it was coming from the US.
Didn't have to wait to long for it to turn up either.

scottm72

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 12:55:30 am »
They told me that when they make a sale and the item IS NOT IN STOCK they will NOT order the item from their supplier until they have a minimum amount of orders for that particular supplier,,, ie,,, they need something like 50 items before they put their order in,,,,, WTF.

If this is true, and I tend to believe it is; it's a hideous way of conducting an online business.

Re: The stock control on Magento, check the extensions lib, iirc there's quite a few fully featured ones for around £600.  A full integration for something like Awesome could topple into the thousands quite easily though.

Having said that, Awesome are putting products up as in-stock when they know full well they don't have any... which kind of makes the whole thing a farce.  Employing this method of commerce may get you a few suckers (me) buying some more products, but your going to make them p!ssed, never to return.

Is someone at Awesome trying to fook up their company? :rolleye:
I agree and I swear that's what the sales guy told me, mad mad way to run a business  :stupid:
as the other guy says also - he ordered and 1-2 days delivery then 24hrs later 4 weeks,,,, just makes no sense,,, I am going to phone them tomorrow about my missing refund and I am actually going to ask them if they are trying to fook up their company as they are pissing a lot of people off

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 03:26:55 pm »
Maybe there is something weird going on....

they havent updated there xmas sale today - 14th is still blank.

scottm72

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 07:05:13 pm »
I seen the awesome member on here yesterday and fired of a pm asking him wtf was going on,,, he never answered that question but assured me my part will be in stock next week !!!
amazing I have to pm through here and the last 3 e-mails I have sent to awesome have all went unanswered ????
will be my last purchase from them, cant be doing with that kind of rubbish tbh

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 07:37:00 pm »
I contacted them on their Facebook wall as I found it got answered sooner possibly due to them realising all of their fans/customers would see if and when they replied

Offline jamiep91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 11:37:11 pm »
I've only ordered from them twice the first time my laminx came within a few days but the the 42draft oil sender relocation kit took 2-3 months to get to me due to being out of stock, and this time I've ordered a forge quick shift and ecs aluminium heater rings which I've had an email that the ecs rings are out of stock :(

scottm72

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 04:45:02 pm »
been speaking to awesomeallan I think his name is and he is going to look into these issues for us and apologises for any inconvenience.
I will let you guys know what the general outcome is with regards to awesomes stock, or lack of sometimes  :happy2:

Offline Daffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »
been speaking to awesomeallan I think his name is and he is going to look into these issues for us and apologises for any inconvenience.
I will let you guys know what the general outcome is with regards to awesomes stock, or lack of sometimes  :happy2:

Hopefully he can look at my refund. I know I am probably being a bit impatient but sent e mail on Thursday and Friday requesting it and have not even had the courtesy of a reply to say they are dealing with it. No more business from me.

scottm72

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 11:06:00 pm »
lol check this, the guy said yesterday on here that my item will be in stock next week so happy days I will finally get my climate rings,
NOT
after no replies to my previous e-mail on getting a refund it was put back into my paypal account today lol, just as the stock was to come in  :stupid:
man I tell you I have had it with them, absolutely no more business from me
f@@k awesome gti, I am taking my business elsewhere

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 08:59:07 pm »
19 days in, still no parts :indifferent: I could've ordered direct from the states quicker and cheaper :nerd: