Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome GTI review  (Read 20773 times)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
Awesome GTI review
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:51:40 pm »
This is the second time I've ordered something from Awesome GTI, waited and waited... 7 days pass, no follow up from them... I get in touch, to be told "oh it's not instock and will take 10 days+ to get new stock to us" (you know full well they've just placed an order when you've contacted them)... so probably a good 20 day wait all in.  :fighting:

They are very expensive to boot, not sure why I use them.

Any decent UK alternatives?

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: Awesome GTI review
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:19:54 pm »
What products have you ordered from them? We may be able to offer alternatives from that. Also ring up and check stock availability :happy2:

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »
Had to wait 3 month's for my R32 style exhaust from them when they had stated it would be 2 week's... :surprised:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:41:10 pm »
Ordered some draught 42 designs shifter bushes from them on friday. Were here on tuesday.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
Ordered some draught 42 designs shifter bushes from them on friday. Were here on tuesday.

me too!

have never had a problem with any mail order stuff i have had from them, its their dyno i dont trust!
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 08:37:47 pm »
Although it may seem like it, my intention wasn't to tarnish AGTI cred, but I really think they should employ a stock control system on their Magento store.

If I order something online, I want to forget about it until its delivered, not have to go chasing the store and then be told I'm in for an epic wait... it just leaves a bad taste... once bitten, twice shy... twice bitten: I fook off elsewhere, for good.

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:44:27 pm »
Mail order I've never had a problem until now.
Ordered 2 things in the last week and one came and had to go back to be sorted namely a APR fuel pump.
The second wasn't the correct part number that I ordered.
You also need to pay the return postage cost and they won't dispatch the replacement until they receive this one back!

I've also had issues for mapping. Had to go 3 times to get the correct map loaded on.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline ell.s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »
Ive found the same with them, thats why I tried GNJ when I ordered my neuspeed cant fault them at all ordered on monday evening came tuesday

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 10:06:40 pm »
I've used awesome for nearly 3 years and always been very happy with their service.
It's just the last 6 months or so,
I've lost all confidence in them.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 10:15:42 pm »
...but I really think they should employ a stock control system on their Magento store.

Been looking at their source code? :wink:

FWIW I doubt Awesome do a huge amount of business through their website, and APIs that integrate a website with an existing stock management system can cost tens of thousands of pounds. It's probably not financially prudent, however pissing off customers who do use the website isn't either.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »
Mail order I've never had a problem until now.
Ordered 2 things in the last week and one came and had to go back to be sorted namely a APR fuel pump.
The second wasn't the correct part number that I ordered.
You also need to pay the return postage cost and they won't dispatch the replacement until they receive this one back!

I've also had issues for mapping. Had to go 3 times to get the correct map loaded on.

Iirc they should refund the return shipping costs.  Search distance selling regulations.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 12:30:41 am »
Had my golf 1.9tdi mk5 remapped by them, felt exactly the same afterwards with no power gain at all.

My dad then had his a4 2.0tdi 170 mapped by them, it gained 4bhp according to r techs dyno, i took mine back and got half my money back so that was a waste, since been remapped elsewhere and dynod at a 47bhp increase.

My dads was remapped again to 210bhp after awesome a 174bhp.

Never ever using them again, on the other hand though
My mate got his tt 225 mapped there with massive improvements more recently

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 12:46:34 am »
I've just bought a sh!t load of suspension stuff from them on Black Friday - saved a bundle and had no issues. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

scottm72

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:43 am »
I am having the same problem with awesome, ordered some climate rings a month ago now and I am still waiting.
when I ordered them it said in stock, a week later I looked on the site again and it still says in stock but in the small print underneath it said that items that may not be in stock on the day of order will be shipped between 7-14 days ?
I e-mailed them - no reply so I called them,,, it turns out my item is STILL  not in stock and the reason why,,,, you are gonna love this and it will answer a lot of queries as to why you guys are waiting weeks and weeks for your orders.
they told me that when they make a sale and the item IS NOT IN STOCK they will NOT order the item from their supplier until they have a minimum amount of orders for that particular supplier,,, ie,,, they need something like 50 items before they put their order in,,,,, WTF.
this is now the way this company runs,,, and all the guy said was - we can refund you if you want -,,, ridiculous way to run a company and if I can help it I wont use them again.
basically if you EVER have to use them then make sure for the life of you that it says something like 2 day delivery beside the item you are after on their web page or you could be waiting indefinitely like me.
hope this helps  :happy2:

Offline Sonic6103

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 01:21:30 am »
I didn't bother putting it on here before now but I've recently had a bad experience with them too.

Rang to get prices for big brake kits etc and I rang them on Black Friday around dinner time, they asked if they could ring me back with a price when Tarox got back to them and said it'd only be 10mins. After 2 calls to them that afternoon for updates, one the following day and then once on their status on Facebook I still got nowhere and told excuses after excuses. After a few days I sent a message to their inbox on Facebook and Mark the Director got back to me and assured me it would be chased up that evening, I presumed he meant the following day so left it 24 hrs and still had nothing. I then went on a training course for a week, contacted them again and they had forgotten what I'd even asked for by this point so I said I'm fed up of chasing them up constantly and that I wanted to leave it now. After Mark practically begged me to give them a chance to redeem themselves I gave in and the next day at 10am I got a phone call off the sales manager with prices to everything I asked for and they e en sent everything to me in an email 30 mins later as requested.

Ok service in the end but I wouldn't expect anything less and won't be using them again due to me constantly chasing them up and getting excuses but nothing done, even all the way up to the top of the ladder.

I do also think maybe they had just given me excuses when I bought and had everything fitted for stage one on my ED30 and WALK too. Got given a quote but when I came to pay it was £000's more than quotes, I was then told that they hadn't included VAT in the quote, fair enough I suppose but only if they'd told me it was plus VAT. I then had faults with it for the following 6 weeks and they couldn't figure it out but swore blind it had nothing to do with the map even though it only started happening when that had been done.

I just need to find myself a new local tuner near Warrington/Wigan/Manchester area really. If anyone has any suggestions then please PM me :)