Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Trial Installed today!...  (Read 3099 times)

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
Revo Trial Installed today!...
« on: July 03, 2009, 07:03:56 pm »
So I woke up this morning and the need for speed took over yet again, so I rang the Golf GTI Centre in Darlington and spoke to Alan Fishburn about a trial map.  Next thing I know I was over there and having my ECU flashed with the software.

Alan seems like a very knowledgeable chap and really eager to help.

Initial impressions are good, mad wheelspin in 3rd without really trying and I definitely have had to adjust my driving to suit the extra output.

Apparently it is just a soft remap though, the full version winds up a lot more boost and adjusts everything bespoke to my car, just wondering how some of you Revo guys have found the difference between the trial and paid for software?...

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Revo Trial Installed today!...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
I missed out on a trial. I went straight for the Stage 2+ with the free SPS+ module as it was an offer I couldn't refuse 8)

Hmmm, you would think that they would go all out with an aggressive trial to help pul more people in. :confused:
Golf R gone.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »
I missed out on a trial. I went straight for the Stage 2+ with the free SPS+ module as it was an offer I couldn't refuse 8)

Hmmm, you would think that they would go all out with an aggressive trial to help pul more people in. :confused:

That would make most sense  :confused:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:17:16 pm »

That's what I thought, I mean it is a fair improvement although I haven't driven it much yet.  Apparently its set at level 3 and if it was a paid version and I run Super Unleaded all the time (like I do) it would be set up at level 7, so I'm assuming the timing and boost etc is set up as a result of using higher octane fuel...

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:19:47 pm »
Strange that they haven't set it higher - firstly in order to fully sell the product, and secondly because you do use the good fuel! Never heard of a Revo trial being 'toned' down.

Still, at least it gives you some idea of what it would be like, and I'm sure your impressed! Do it do it  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:29:37 pm »

That would make most sense  :confused:

It might put a lot of people of, break them in gently at first  :signLOL:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:31:38 pm »
its common knowledge the the trial map is only a teaser...of what more power/torque feels like in the car.

if you want more, pay up and get the full remap done!  It works for them tho..and that's why they offer these trials.

i didn't bother with the trial either, just had a chat to Kev about it at GTI Inters last year and week later i was having the full monty put on.

Had to upgrade my clutch tho so beware of that.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 08:09:38 pm »
J5BWS -have you got a phone number for him-i will keep a look out for you sounds like your not far from me

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 10:12:15 pm »
I was also at Allan's today, but managed to miss both of you!  There's a bunch of us that are always down at Allan's on a Saturday morning, if anyone fancies dropping by.  :smiley:

Allan's number is 01325 383860 and his website is: http://www.revotuning.co.uk/  :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:18:16 pm by TurboTrev »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 10:14:05 pm »
I was also at Allan's today, but managed to miss both of you!  There's a bunch of us that are always down at Allan's on a Saturday morning, if anyone's fancies dropping by. :happy2:
might have a look over next sat if am not working

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 05:26:49 am »
I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared: 
Andy
7R

Peskarik

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 10:59:59 am »
I think it's quite good marketing by REVO to only give you an 80% map, they're giving you something with a real improvement in feel over your standard ECU settings and the promise of even more if you hand their dealer your hard earned. Probably also reduces the chances of you complaining to them that something they've done had knackered your car during the trial!!! They don't want you disappearing for 5 hours then coming back with a knackered clutch if it was unbeknowingly a bit iffy anyway and you wanting recompense from something you hadn't paid for. Just a guess.

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared:  

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 01:38:53 pm »

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared:  

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

LOL Nice effort! It's not the REVO I'd have trouble getting past her (I'd just say it was ''car repairs'') it's the change of car that would be difficult.  :happy2:
Andy
7R

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 01:46:32 pm »

Been thinking about stumping up for REVO for my GTI to replace the soft re-map already on there. As a previous customer I really rate the product, but then again I've been offered a tempting deal on a Leon Cupra so may need to juggle finances a bit to make way for that (which incidentally would need a re-map as soon as I got it!!). Oh, and I need to find a good explanation to the wife before I can seriously chop the Golf in so REVOing the GTI may be the more likely option!  :scared: 

With revo you'd be faster picking up food from supermarket. How about that for a reason?  :happy2:

LOL Nice effort! It's not the REVO I'd have trouble getting past her (I'd just say it was ''car repairs'') it's the change of car that would be difficult.  :happy2:

Get the switch and put it back to standard before she drives it .... done in seconds and she won't know the difference  :grin:

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 01:54:33 pm »
She's insured to drive my Ibiza GTI, but I don't let her near the Golf!

(Not a sexist comment either! It's true, she's just not confident with the Golf)

Need the excuse to buy the Cupra though, she's okay about getting a map on either car as I've had at least half a dozen remaps now on different cars)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:56:10 pm by BeezerDiesel »
Andy
7R