All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The search for lightweight alloys

<< < (7/14) > >>

Top Cat:
Where are you up to with this Hurdy i want some myself, may even consider taking your old ones off you.  :happy2:

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 11, 2009, 12:00:53 pm ---Where are you up to with this Hurdy i want some myself, may even consider taking your old ones off you.  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

I'm still procrastinating between some Volks or the OZ Allegerita's/Ultraleggera's. The Volk CE28N's are a really lightweight wheel, but having looked around they do not have the same stiffness as most other alloys. Even in their own spiel they say that other wheels are 30% stronger within their range :confused:

It could actually be that the Pro Races are the best compromise between strength and weight for our lovely potholed UK roads :surprised:

I'm also looking to see if any 17's would fit over the TAROX brakes. I've measured the sidewall gap and theoretically there is room there, but how much I'll not know until I actually try a wheel on the hub :jumping:
If 17's do fit, it opens up a whole new world of lighter wheels with tyres weighing roughly the same as the 18's would :party: :party:

john_o:
just be done with it and get the dymags  :innocent:  :evilgrin:

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: john_o on July 11, 2009, 10:54:47 pm ---just be done with it and get the dymags  :innocent:  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

I found out recently that the size I wanted weighs 6.5kg and the Alleggerita's weigh 7.7kg, Volks weigh 7kg, so is it worth paying an extra £3k for 0.5kg a wheel?

Bear in mind I can get some bona fide carbon Recaro's for less than £3k :wink:

Peskarik:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 11, 2009, 11:04:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: john_o on July 11, 2009, 10:54:47 pm ---just be done with it and get the dymags  :innocent:  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

I found out recently that the size I wanted weighs 6.5kg and the Alleggerita's weigh 7.7kg, Volks weigh 7kg, so is it worth paying an extra £3k for 0.5kg a wheel?

Bear in mind I can get some bona fide carbon Recaro's for less than £3k :wink:

--- End quote ---

17's will be too heavy for you, Hurdy!

Get these on instead! These are also for Golf, and I can take TAROX off your hands, no problem!  :happy2:
http://www.mackinindustries.com/wm/gcw.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version