All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

The search for lightweight alloys

<< < (8/14) > >>

illyun:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

tinto:
Hurdy, the Neuspeed RS10 wheels in silver are at $350 USD/corner right now (directly from the US)...
Size: 18 x 8.0 / Weight: 17.8 lbs. (just over 8kg)
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=95|GV&type=24&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=1905

However the black RS10s and pretty much every other Neuspeed forged 18" wheel are $549/corner.
I don't know why the price is so different.
They're not the most attractive wheel, but at $350/corner probably not many forged 18s come close price wise..

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: Peskarik on July 12, 2009, 12:32:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 11, 2009, 11:04:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: john_o on July 11, 2009, 10:54:47 pm ---just be done with it and get the dymags  :innocent:  :evilgrin:

--- End quote ---

I found out recently that the size I wanted weighs 6.5kg and the Alleggerita's weigh 7.7kg, Volks weigh 7kg, so is it worth paying an extra £3k for 0.5kg a wheel?

Bear in mind I can get some bona fide carbon Recaro's for less than £3k :wink:

--- End quote ---

17's will be too heavy for you, Hurdy!

Get these on instead! These are also for Golf, and I can take TAROX off your hands, no problem!  :happy2:
http://www.mackinindustries.com/wm/gcw.html

--- End quote ---

Cheeky :P

luca:
Hurdy i know that team dynamics can do custom bore wheels to suit the brakes, but you would need to know what clearance you need etc. Costs around £50 extra per wheel but atleast you can run 17's :happy2:

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: luca on July 14, 2009, 06:16:36 pm ---Hurdy i know that team dynamics can do custom bore wheels to suit the brakes, but you would need to know what clearance you need etc. Costs around £50 extra per wheel but atleast you can run 17's :happy2:

--- End quote ---

 :wink: I'm ahead of you. I've been and had a look at a local dealers today and he's easily put the 17" Pro Races on with over 10mm to spare on the outer edge and 8mm on the face. :jumping: £440 gets me a full set of Pro Race 1.2's weighing 18lb and I've managed to find R888's in 225/45/17's for £560, so that would be spot on £1k for a set of trackday/qtr mile wheels that weigh less than my current set up by over 3lb a corner...Happy days :jumpmove:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version