Make a donation

Author Topic: Miltek cat back  (Read 5911 times)

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
Miltek cat back
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:07:24 pm »
Ive just finished installing my miltek cat back took it for a drive for a few miles but doesnt seem that loud? Its a non res one all i get is a ripping like forcing air out noise but thats about it at the mo, will it get louder with time?

Cheers, mitch

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Miltek cat back
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:36 pm »
Millteks are a quiet zorst even in non-res version and only come alive when in the higher rev range. Thats why they are so popular as you get the best of both worlds.  :happy2: Should also get a bit deeper tone as it matures.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 07:59:23 pm »
If you don't get on with it put me first on the list if you sell it please. :laugh: :wink: :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:50 pm »
If you don't get on with it put me first on the list if you sell it please. :laugh: :wink: :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »
Hmmm :S I know that exhausts generally get louder as they get older and more coked up, but I've never heard what can be described as a 'quiet' non res....  :confused:

Hope everything works out ok dude.  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:35:59 pm »
Hmmm :S I know that exhausts generally get louder as they get older and more coked up, but I've never heard what can be described as a 'quiet' non res....  :confused:

I have been in a few now and when driving normally they are not much louder than stock, when you press the loud pedal then it becomes a different matter.  :smiley:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 08:52:20 pm »
The sound deadening in the GTI is very good and to hear what it is really like you need to be on the outside with someone else putting their foot down on the loud pedal :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 08:55:00 pm »
 :grin: @ stokey

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:30 pm »

I have been in a few now and when driving normally they are not much louder than stock, when you press the loud pedal then it becomes a different matter.  :smiley:

But I've seen Mitch's driving, and im 100% sure the first thing he did was floor it! hahaha!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:43 pm »

The sound deadening in the GTI is very good and to hear what it is really like you need to be on the outside with someone else putting their foot down on the loud pedal :happy2:

....Get a full set of engine mounts - Adds awesome sounds in the cabin alongside the exhaust sound. Review to be posted tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 11:58:55 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 12:27:17 am »

....Get a full set of engine mounts - Adds awesome sounds in the cabin alongside the exhaust sound. Review to be posted tomorrow.

x2 engine mounts work a treat in improving cabin noise as well as a number of other areas, even with a resonated miltek its
good and loud enough for me; with a non-res it woukd be rather  :evilgrin: i imagine.
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 01:48:12 am »
What are you trying to say chris! Lol! Ive been driving it a few miles tonight it seems to be getting quite abit louder now! But im loving the noise! cant wait to get the front section on now!

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 06:01:15 am »
I've got milly quad tails. Still no louder really, sometimes I drive with the windows down explicitly to hear her. Especially through tunnels, then it's very very cool. Think it needs the hi flow and down pipe to make it louder. Didn't realise engine mounts would assist with it.... Are they expensive?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 10:05:17 am »

...to make it louder. Didn't realise engine mounts would assist with it.... Are they expensive?

....Rather than hijack this thread, I'll be posting my engine mounts review later today and costs etc will be included. Please hang on in there :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:06 am »
I just sorted a deal out with a guy on e bay selling his exhaust as I have been messed around a few times on e bay lately,
Twin exhausts, not used on his car £200, sounds like a deal to me. SO do these actually add much power to the car, or do they just look nice and make a nice sound?
How easy are they to fit?