Make a donation

Author Topic: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips  (Read 21127 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 07:21:30 pm »
Hmm, I've found Bluefin maps quite conservative on the torque front opposed to what those have got from rTech (300lb/ft+) maps -- my Bluefin stage 1 made about 250-260lb/ft, stage 2 made 290lb/ft.

K03 or k04 you talking?

The guy above said 240hp, so K03.

Remember this is a custom map. Therefore if you want low torque, you can have low torque. . .

When I was there last, an Ibiza TDI was having a low torque custom map to preserve the clutch. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE AT R-Tech  :drool:

Just because Nick can map a car for loads of torque, doesn't mean he has to. The whole idea is a map tailored to your needs  :happy2:

Also- it's not peak torque that kills the clutch necessarily it's the delivery of the torque!

Steve bluefin map was delivering all that torque n one big hit, low down in the rev range. If bluefin take that approach to all their maps, the peak figure is not necessarily high but the way it just "dumps" it like that will put pressure on your clutch  :sick:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:24:33 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 07:26:51 pm »
This is a awesome write up, just recently owning my eddy and it having the stage 1 on it I don't trust I will be seeing nik shortly especially to get the dsg fettled with. Can't wait to see what he can do with mine, glad your happy mate and keep enjoying  :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 07:29:16 pm »
Great write up Steve, sounds like its a new car fella! Everything i read is convincing me that an RTech will be getting my business in the future

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline ARV_90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »
Power curve looks looks nice.... just how I want mine  :drool:  :drool:

Can you do it tomorrow Nic   :laugh:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »
The standard GTI map is spikey like the bluefin, alebit less of everything.  My old SAAB had a much flatter curve like the rTech map above. So I guess BF, being generic in nature, is just upping everything to get the results... that said, other than the spikes in pwr/tq it's not a million miles away.  

Infact in a general driving situation, no more than 3.5k RPM, the Bluefin would "feel" the quicker I'm sure; and probbaly would be as it's making quite a bit more more pwr and tq between 2.5-3.5k

I understand the reason for a smoother/flatter curve though.

Saintsteve

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 07:42:10 pm »
Been looking forward to your write up Mr H  :grin:

I've been saying this since I had my GTI mapped there last January. Top notch service, top notch result, top notch price  :notworthy:

The fact that you drove from Southampton way to Leicestershire should encourage others to follow suit and not be afraid to travel to get a decent product. I bet the drive home was fun  :driver:

I stayed in a local travelodge..so anyone put off from distance traveling, for just £22 , had a double room so was there nice and early for Thursday. . Much less stressful way of doing it :-)

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »
Good write-up Steve. :happy2:

Just goes to show about what I've always said about Supperchips being a poor tuner.
Golf R gone.

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Re: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »
A great write up Steve. 8)
This would definitely be something I would be interested in sometime in the future , especially were I  have a revo map and a manual box. Makes me wonder how much stress my revo map is causing.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 09:37:43 pm »
Great review. Really want mine doing now, but have a mk2 taking my money up at the minute. Mk2 020 quaife diff or ed30 stage 2+ remap is a nice but tough choice

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 09:41:30 pm »
I'm getting temped now but does anyone know what torque a standard clutch on a normal GTI can handle my cars coming round to 60k now and I do some town driving so probably not the strongest its ever been, but would it be fine to replace it with a new standard clutch due to cost or is it best to get an upgraded clutch, that's if it does slip over time?
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline phoenix

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »
rTech looks the best curve there, but Bluefin does have it's place... i.e. for thsoe that are in remote locations etc.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:00:50 pm by phoenix »

Offline ell.s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 12:55:24 am »
Excellent write up! I couldn't be happier with my rtech stage 1 mine made 260 bhp with 310ftlb the map is very linear and smooth making it easier on the clutch unlike the pre packed maps many with a huge spike seen above to give you the placebo effect of big power.

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 01:35:36 am »
good write up!  you cant beat nicks maps! been there from day one  :drinking:

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 08:11:01 am »
I'm getting temped now but does anyone know what torque a standard clutch on a normal GTI can handle my cars coming round to 60k now and I do some town driving so probably not the strongest its ever been, but would it be fine to replace it with a new standard clutch due to cost or is it best to get an upgraded clutch, that's if it does slip over time?

I take it you have a manual box. If that's the case I would not push it past a stage1 tune, anything more then you stand a good chance of destroying your OEM clutch.

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:45 am »

I take it you have a manual box. If that's the case I would not push it past a stage1 tune, anything more then you stand a good chance of destroying your OEM clutch.

Yes I have a manual and I won't be going anymore than stage 1 but I'll fitting a k&n panel filter and precat delete to get the best from the remap but my main concern is the clutch but if I had DSG I'd want as much power as they could get from it with plenty of low down kick but I don't regret having a manual at all, I'm just concerned about my clutch and cost of replacing.  :happy2:
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08