Make a donation

Author Topic: gti compard to the rest of its hot hatch class....  (Read 10307 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: gti compard to the rest of its hot hatch class....
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 03:54:41 am »
I see a white one most days whih just looks great  :congrats:

most cars do  :happy2:

Offline Shins

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • On Pressing Your Right Foot, Unleash Hell!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 09:14:08 am »
Or there is always the Mk1 Focus RS, lighter than the others and very easily moddified and cheap too, most running between the 280 - 320bhp mark and a quick turbo change can see anything from 330 - 380bhp, all this for £2.5k!

Suspension already there, Quaife already there, money buys you:

Bluefin
Full exhaust
Manifold
Induction kit
Actuator
AP 2 piece discs
Hybrid

Other than that, the ED30 is good, I know Ben on here (Vtec Abuser) and he mullered myself on the 30-130 day (albiet with more power) but as has been said, they all have there pro's and con's! :happy2:
380bhp!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:05 pm »
ED30 is the one to go for if you want a golf.
Leon Cupra is the one to go for if you want the same chassis as the golf, but cheaper and with better brakes.
S3 is the one to go for if you want 4wd to give you the extra traction and nicer interior.

Focus RS is better than all 3 but pretty dear, and a remapped ed30, cupra etc will pass a Focus RS with pure ease.

Remapped cupra ed30 is also quicker than a evo fq 330 in a straightline.
my mate has had a focus now for about a month and imo a re mapped ed 30 will struggle to keep up let alone pass it with ease !!!!!! :scared:
Think you wanna get yours looked at then mate, two lads I know have one, and my revo cupra beats them pretty easy tbh, even 3 man up. They werent happy to say the least lol. This is all down a airfield though, so corners is another story. RS stays glued to the road.
my mates is a demo , he works for ford , he s a very good driver and it fu%*&ng flies its glued to the road (he says as good as 4 wd) . my ed 30 is fast dont get me wrong but with only stage 1 re map not as quick as the RS  may be your mates RS needs a driver or looking at  :driver:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 11:31:50 pm »
Im sure working for ford he tries lots of 4wd cars to compare to  :signLOL:

I wonder how 'as good as a 4wd' it is in the wet. Had a run against a mapped vxr and mini cooper s the other week and the vxr was faster from various speeds (mini was about equal), it then flash flooded (very heavy rain) an i just sailed past him as he span up. Im dying to meet an RS to see how it copes with english weather  :evilgrin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 03:04:00 am »
Leon Cupra is the one to go for if you want the same chassis as the golf, but cheaper and with better brakes.
S3 is the one to go for if you want 4wd to give you the extra traction and nicer interior.

Focus RS is better than all 3 but pretty dear, and a remapped ed30, cupra etc will pass a Focus RS with pure ease.

my mate has had a focus now for about a month and imo a re mapped ed 30 will struggle to keep up let alone pass it with ease !!!!!! :scared:
Think you wanna get yours looked at then mate, two lads I know have one, and my revo cupra beats them pretty easy tbh, even 3 man up. They werent happy to say the least lol. This is all down a airfield though, so corners is another story. RS stays glued to the road.
my mates is a demo , he works for ford , he s a very good driver and it fu%*&ng flies its glued to the road (he says as good as 4 wd) . my ed 30 is fast dont get me wrong but with only stage 1 re map not as quick as the RS  may be your mates RS needs a driver or looking at  :driver:

Mate honestly, its been already proven by a major publication that in a straight line a mountune mapped ST is quicker than the RS. A mapped k04 makes more power than the rs,and has more torque and is lighter in the first place. The RS cant beat a mapped k04 even with a second head start.

I have plenty of experience with the RS now, two different cars, two different drivers, always the same outcome.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:06:06 am by Poverty »

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 11:56:02 am »
I wonder how a remapped RS would fair, would have too much power and just spin?

Im not suprised a KO4 is quicker, they push out 330bhp dont they? The RS 'only' has 300.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 01:39:59 pm »
A remapped RS gets 340bhp and 397lbft straight off. It would be a close call between the two when both remapped as the ED30 is around 100kg lighter. Give the ED30 a DSG and I'd suspect thaat the ED30 would still be the quicker point to point car. :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00:51 pm »
A remapped RS gets 340bhp and 397lbft straight off. It would be a close call between the two when both remapped as the ED30 is around 100kg lighter. Give the ED30 a DSG and I'd suspect thaat the ED30 would still be the quicker point to point car. :wink:

Not to mention looks nicer, is nicer to be inside and is a lot cheaper!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 02:21:34 pm »

In top spec on the standard turbo the RS should see 375hp according to pumaspeed. The RS will make quite a bit more torque though than a top spec k04 car but its still heavier so it will be interesting to see how things turn out. One of my mates is gonna build his RS up to top spec but it will be a while still as it only has 500 odd  miles on the clock.

Just checked the rs spec and it will kick out 440lbft/596nm of torque. Highest torque figure I have evr come across on a k04 is 507nm.

Will the extra 80lbft of torque propple the RS infront? I think it just might, time to put mine on a diet maybe lol, loose another 100kgs
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:37:44 pm by Poverty »

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 02:34:42 pm »
didn't the rs get beat by the renault megane r26r on topgear? that seems like the more fun car to drive from what they are saying.....

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »
didn't the rs get beat by the renault megane r26r on topgear? that seems like the more fun car to drive from what they are saying.....

yeah round the track, but for everyday living and driving the RS is better.

Offline faheem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 03:06:35 pm »
yeah it seems more practical than the megane, personally for that kind of power level i would move up to an evo, i would be too paranoid about pushing the car too much, rather have something made to meet that power standard.....shame evo's are known as drug dealer cars round my ends  :sad1:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 09:07:21 pm »

my mates is a demo , he works for ford , he s a very good driver and it fu%*&ng flies its glued to the road (he says as good as 4 wd) . my ed 30 is fast dont get me wrong but with only stage 1 re map not as quick as the RS  may be your mates RS needs a driver or looking at  :driver:

Mate honestly, its been already proven by a major publication that in a straight line a mountune mapped ST is quicker than the RS. A mapped k04 makes more power than the rs,and has more torque and is lighter in the first place. The RS cant beat a mapped k04 even with a second head start.

I have plenty of experience with the RS now, two different cars, two different drivers, always the same outcome.
well we ve not had them head to head but the focus feels quicker , i prefere my ed 30 but the focus is a great car

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:56 pm »
Im sure working for ford he tries lots of 4wd cars to compare to  :signLOL:

I wonder how 'as good as a 4wd' it is in the wet. Had a run against a mapped vxr and mini cooper s the other week and the vxr was faster from various speeds (mini was about equal), it then flash flooded (very heavy rain) an i just sailed past him as he span up. Im dying to meet an RS to see how it copes with english weather  :evilgrin:
he worked for ralliart mitsubishi before ford so yes he does have 4 wd experience !!!!!!!
 astra vxr s are  :sick: my ed 30 leaves them like there in reverse  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 09:15:08 pm »
Totally agree John (and with Poverty).. Sorry CandyTurbo..  :wink:
The RS has been timed in many different tests now and and evrytime it is putting down 0-100mph times of around 14 secs, which is sloooooow for 300bhp (even if it is 1467kgs). As an comparison, I had mine timed by the same Racelogic V Box they used and ran a 11.1 sec 0-100mph. So would love to see what a mapped/TBE'd RS would do, but I think it would still struggle to shake off a DSG equipped Ed30 with the same mods, not to mention a Stage 2+ equipped one. As it was still behind the Mountune ST at 130mph when tested in EVO mag and that is 40bhp down on the RS.  :confused:
But as for a mapped ED30 vs Standard RS,  if both drivers are equal, in a straight line (obviously) the Ed30 should have the legs with reasonable ease. Same power and over 100kgs difference tells you that..  :wink:
Lovely car though, especially in white.. Really lloking forward to see what these Pumabuild / Jam Sport / Dream Science cars do when timed. But until they run a 12 sec 1/4 at Pod, i'll sleep ok for now..  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:16:39 pm by Vtec Abuser »