Make a donation

Author Topic: What car after your Mk5?  (Read 5918 times)

Offline Gide76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: What car after your Mk5?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 09:36:55 pm »
I fancy a mk7 gti if those mpg figures are anywhere near realistic it would not be far off the perfect hatch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vaheedakhtar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:31 am »
My short list for my next car is:

Golf mk6 r
Golf mk7 gti
Ford focus st mk3
Ford fiesta st ( the new one)
Ford focus rs mk2

ATM I'm leaning towards the rs just fancying something more in your face next time and that cracking 5 pot noise. Love that these people who are wanna be snobs in their BMW would look down there noses at you at the lights when your in a rs then you can take off like a hooligan and live up to your rep   :evilgrin:

Try a 335i with a JB4. :)

Offline JigBake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »
In the next 6 months an E92 M3 for me or maybe MK7 R. See how it goes.

Offline K9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 14
  • VW LifeStyle
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »
mk6 gti or Golf R

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 05:41:58 pm »
M5 e60
M3 e46
Audi S3

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 10:50:32 pm »

Golf mk6 r
Golf mk7 gti
Ford focus st mk3
Ford focus rs mk2

ATM I'm leaning towards the rs just fancying something more in your face next time and that cracking 5 pot noise. Love that these people who are wanna be snobs in their BMW would look down there noses at you at the lights when your in a rs then you can take off like a hooligan and live up to your rep   :evilgrin:

Try a 335i with a JB4. :)

Not really a big fan of bmw. I think it's maybes more to do with the kind of people that drive them in general. Il have to stop here because I'm in danger of going into rant mode ha. Really fancying a hot ford next tho

I-remap.com

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 08:27:01 am »
C63 amg

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 08:47:47 am »
mk6 Golf GTD best of both worlds

+ 1

+2

Switched to the GTD last September and love it. Not as nice noise wise and a little slower off the blocks but pulls like a train through all the mid gears, plus the DSG is great (used to have manual GTI).

Terrible for condensation, especially on front screen - mines in next week to investigate. That and seeing the circles from the robot arms when condensation on screen

O/T - Have you tried cleaning the inside and outside of your windshield? The outside might have some contaminants on it. My condensation reduced when I cleaned the interior screen with alcohol and polished inside/out afterwards.

The MK5 was the same for condensation.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 12:02:58 pm »
mk6 Golf GTD best of both worlds

+ 1

+2

Switched to the GTD last September and love it. Not as nice noise wise and a little slower off the blocks but pulls like a train through all the mid gears, plus the DSG is great (used to have manual GTI).

Terrible for condensation, especially on front screen - mines in next week to investigate. That and seeing the circles from the robot arms when condensation on screen

O/T - Have you tried cleaning the inside and outside of your windshield? The outside might have some contaminants on it. My condensation reduced when I cleaned the interior screen with alcohol and polished inside/out afterwards.

The MK5 was the same for condensation.

Unfortunately so, cleaned with cheap window cleaner and expensive autoglym stuff and makes no difference. It's all on the inside. My mk5 didn't have any such issues but mk6 is awful.

Fingers crossed VW can work it out. I have heard there is a special cleaner that they have to clean the glass that should have been used at the factory after installation so we shall see. I have VW customer care in the loop too to see how it goes.
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 12:07:36 pm »
Really considering a TTS or a TTRS ...

Offline J40_BSY

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »
Next car will proberly be another golf or looking towards an audi a4, have to wait and see at the time ha

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 12:49:03 pm »
I want a Mk5 with a bigger engine!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 12:57:50 pm »

Golf mk6 r
Golf mk7 gti
Ford focus st mk3
Ford focus rs mk2

I've just come from a stage 3 Focus ST3. Running around 330hp/450lbft. Its a massive backwards step to go from a VW to one of those. The ST is decent but the build quality and reliability is genuinely appalling, especially when you start tuning.

The torque from the 5 pot is immense, as is the noise. Mine encourage me to drive like a hooligan, constantly. They don't like been driven slowly. 
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 01:56:18 pm »
Audi (C6) A6 or MK6 GTI.. Feeling like some air ride too.. Curious about those switches :drinking:

'87 MK1 Cabby - To be 20vT'd.
MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2014, 08:04:39 pm »

Golf mk6 r
Golf mk7 gti
Ford focus st mk3
Ford focus rs mk2

I've just come from a stage 3 Focus ST3. Running around 330hp/450lbft. Its a massive backwards step to go from a VW to one of those. The ST is decent but the build quality and reliability is genuinely appalling, especially when you start tuning.

The torque from the 5 pot is immense, as is the noise. Mine encourage me to drive like a hooligan, constantly. They don't like been driven slowly. 

What do you have now? If it's something like a gti or Cupra can you compare your ford to your car now from a driving point of view. Stock for stock if you can also. :happy2: the reason I'm fancying a change is ford seem to always come out on top with the hot versions for being a more fun/drivers car to drive. Thanks