Make a donation

Author Topic: Morgens ED30 No. 1871 - New suspension & audio!  (Read 129445 times)

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2016, 06:50:44 pm »
I'm sure there will be enough people on here to help out with parts and what not. Considered going up to OE 345mm front brakes, seeing asyou need to replace discs and pads may as well upgrade? Bigger brakes may come in handy next time, without trying to sound funny. The amount of times my 345mm on my Golf GTI saved my bacon more than paid off the cost of them.

There's currently an R32 rear bumper or two for sale on this forum, I prefer the central twin exit exhausts personally so again I'd opt for that while you're replacing lights and stuff.

I know how you felt, when I ripped my interior apart in my Golf GTI it took months to sort everything out and even then I didn't get all the work done. It's hard to keep going when the odds are stacked against you but when you get the result you were after, it's totally worth it, trust me.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:26 pm »
So.. Any excuse to get my camera out

Photos!

Scene sticker

GTi dead pedal

My pretty purple fog light tints

Replacement lights..

Rear footwell lights :)

Now for some lesser quality iphone photos of the damage!  :ashamed:

Corsa

Golf

My Mum's potential new car :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:00:49 pm by Morgen »

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »
Youv had some really bad luck! Hope you get everything back together cause you know you'll be head over heals again when she's fixed up, clean and sparkling  :happy2:

Thank you! I sure will be, she really is a beauty and needs to get back to her former glory!

That's somewhat of an horror story... :surprised:

Hope everything can be sorted soon so you can love and drive your Eddie again.

I can sell you a couple of rear parking sensors that I removed from my Golfs when I installed OPS sensors, if you want. I've already sold a couple to Northern Ireland. :smiley:

I'll consider the parking sensor offer! I think I'm leaving that until last because the mechanical repairs and repairs to the other car come first. It's not going through insurance so any spare cash I had is now gone :(

Terrible luck, sorry to hear that  :sad1:

I had a similar incident with my drivers window being open, and how my drive is sloped down and cambered 80% of the water that goes on the roof rolls down the drivers window. It was half open and was pisssing with rain, luckily only 5-10 minutes after it started raining my step dad came home (earlier than usual) and pointed it out so there was minimal damage.

Hope you get her sorted and fall back in love again soon  :happy2:

Very lucky! I've no idea how there's no lasting damage but she's all good. Thank god!!

I'm sure there will be enough people on here to help out with parts and what not. Considered going up to OE 345mm front brakes, seeing asyou need to replace discs and pads may as well upgrade? Bigger brakes may come in handy next time, without trying to sound funny. The amount of times my 345mm on my Golf GTI saved my bacon more than paid off the cost of them.

There's currently an R32 rear bumper or two for sale on this forum, I prefer the central twin exit exhausts personally so again I'd opt for that while you're replacing lights and stuff.

I know how you felt, when I ripped my interior apart in my Golf GTI it took months to sort everything out and even then I didn't get all the work done. It's hard to keep going when the odds are stacked against you but when you get the result you were after, it's totally worth it, trust me.

Unfortunately I can't afford to buy anything other than the discs and pads at present, I'm rooked! calipers, carriers etc isn't an option  :sick:

I am looking at the primered R32 rear end that's on here at the moment though... Very very tempted to take out a loan and buy car parts. Bad idea!  :P

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:42 pm »

Yay for car parts.. Shame it's for a corsa

Fitted my new light last night too, yay for legality

Oh and I hit this milestone a few days ago.. She's getting old!

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
My ED30 No. 1871!
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2016, 07:41:00 pm »
More bumpers...

I did a buy!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:45:54 pm by Morgen »

Offline raz469

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »
Your car looks good as it is, but after ^ its a killer. I think im getting eddy envy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2016, 11:47:54 pm »
Hit another pothole tonight, swear I'm attracted to them. Was driving 23 miles to drop my Mum off at her night out but had to come off the slip road on the motorway about five minutes into the journey due to a horrendous screeching noise coming from the drivers front wheel... Tried to get the car recovered because I didn't know how to fix it, but Adam phoned & told me to press down hard on the brake pedal while it was in neutral a few times before trying to drive it and trying to determine what the noise was exactly.. Pressed the brakes with both feet a few times, set off and the squeal was gone! Sticky caliper?

Just my luck eh  :confused: :ashamed:

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2016, 05:26:44 pm »

My Mum's new car

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2016, 01:45:37 pm »
Valentines day was productive. I bought tools last week so the bumper came off to see if it could be aligned any better..

Also found out why my sensors are goosed!

So, glued the sensor together with a hot glue gun & drilled a screw through the bumper to keep the diffuser attached as the brackets are broken.. Mega cowboy'd but it's made a difference and my sensors are now functioning as normal.. Job well done if you ask me!

Before & after

Next up, tinted my fog lights purple just because..

Then put my sticker on, yay for all of the purple

Finally, had her first wash in over three months! Looks lovely again

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2016, 01:53:37 pm »
Would go for xenons next, IMO xenons just complete the front end of any GTI.

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:10 pm »
Did you get the fog light tint crease free? Drove me mad and ended up not putting any on. Did get a cheap ebay one though so probably wouldnt have stayed long anyway

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2016, 05:46:00 pm »
Would go for xenons next, IMO xenons just complete the front end of any GTI.

Exhaust is next unfortunately! The exterior of mines isn't up to much at present so may as well focus on fast  :ashamed:.. But next on the list after an exhaust and remap is a head unit or xenons. I'll see how I feel  :drool:

Did you get the fog light tint crease free? Drove me mad and ended up not putting any on. Did get a cheap ebay one though so probably wouldnt have stayed long anyway

Mines was cheap and from ebay too! £2.50 or so from China.. It's relatively crease free. Not entirely though! I stood with the heat gun while the other half smoothed out the creases, so it's him I owe that to  :love:

Offline IanR32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2016, 06:03:35 pm »
Looking good, love that colour, window tints? milltek exhaust next?

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2016, 09:09:15 am »
Looking good, love that colour, window tints? milltek exhaust next?

Thank you!

I'm not overly fussed by tints.. If it was candy white or red I probably would be but I reckon steel grey looks fine without :)

Milltek or BCS! It totally depends what's on offer at the time as it'll have to be an R32 style exhaust to fit the gti  :smiley:

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2016, 09:30:43 am »
Do like a steel grey Eddie!