Make a donation

Author Topic: Why are people posting their bookings  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Why are people posting their bookings
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:59:04 am »
Why do people seem to post things like 'booked for tomorrow' etc, is this the way the booking works at R-Tech ?. Seems odd why people keep saying they have booked and are going to R-Tech. Then in some cases don't mention a follow up after they have been. Am I missing something ? :grin: :grin

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Why are people posting their bookings
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:03:52 am »
You can't just randomly turn up and have your car mapped as it takes a few hours so you do have to schedule a time for when you want your car to be mapped...

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:24:09 am »
Of course yes, but why are people telling everyone else here ?, don't you just call R-Tech to book ?.

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:43:20 pm »
It's subliminal advertising. Much like the "I've been to R-Tech and my penis is 14 inches" threads that keep appearing.  :sick: :indifferent:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »
^^^^ I was short changed then!  :sad1:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 09:31:40 pm »
It's subliminal advertising. Much like the "I've been to R-Tech and my penis is 14 inches" threads that keep appearing.  :sick: :indifferent:

Haha, I was beginning to think R-Tech was this mystical place at the end of the yellow brick road where the tuning gods lived. I am sure I read somewhere that other tuners are able to tune the MKV, could just be a rumour though  :jumpmove:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 06:09:52 pm »

Haha, I was beginning to think R-Tech was this mystical place at the end of the yellow brick road where the tuning gods lived. I am sure I read somewhere that other tuners are able to tune the MKV, could just be a rumour though  :jumpmove:

If you don't like it, there's plenty of other forums  :signLOL:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 09:04:23 am »
Why so much sensitivity about R-Tech ?, do they give half their profits to charity or something ? Can't make a joke without being directed to the door !. Surely the point of these public forums is for like minded enthusiasts to share information and occasional banter.... Unless it's about R-Tech then you need to leave !  :congrats:

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 09:14:18 am »
What is wrong with people getting excited about booking a remap and posting on the forum ?

The same sensitivity could be said about the haters hating  :happy2:

Its one of those things if you start a negative thread about something that a lot of people like you will get negative comments back

From the recent rr day most R-tech cars made the better power so with good reason people like and get excited going to R-tech
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 09:47:40 am »
What is wrong with people getting excited about booking a remap and posting on the forum ?

The same sensitivity could be said about the haters hating  :happy2:

Its one of those things if you start a negative thread about something that a lot of people like you will get negative comments back

From the recent rr day most R-tech cars made the better power so with good reason people like and get excited going to R-tech

I agree haters will hate, hence the countless number of threads where someone asks a question about another tuner and someone will say.... xx are totally rubbish, bin them off and go to R-Tech. I have no doubt R-Tech are great, you don't get such a reputation by being substandard ! It's just the ferocity that people defend them by sometines doesn't lead to a constructive discussion.

As you say nothing at all wrong with people posting if they excited about the booking, I wasn't sure if that was the case, the shear number of people posting the same thing just seemed odd

Anyway, no offence intended  :happy2:

Anyone know the number for R-Tech ?  :wink:

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 10:18:22 am »
I know of two cars that have just swapped tuner both have gone to r-tech and both cars have made more bhp and torque and both owners are very pleased they swapped both say the car pulls a lot harder through the rev range  :wink:

If your about sunday come to santa pod and u can come up the strip as my passenger and see how my car pulls  :happy2:

Dan.

Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 10:40:18 am »
Thanks for the offer mate, appreciated. Unfortunately it's a bit far for me. If your ever around London would love to experience R-Tech Magic. Seriously though no better advertisement than experiencing it for yourself. I have no doubt they are good.

Cheers 

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 10:49:33 am »
There is a real shortage of decent tuners for the MK5.

There's the big brands (Revo, APR etc) which are generally local for anyone due to the amount of dealers for those products. There are only a handful of decent custom tuners (only two I can think of from discussions on the forum):

- R-Tech
- Stealth Racing

IMHO bespoke/ custom is always going to get better results than generic - as Dan said above, the recent Dyno day at Surrey RR proved this.

There's good feedback for other tuners on the forum, but typically going for a generic remap is less of an event- you drive to a dealer, they plug laptop in, do some logging (if your lucky) and send you on your way.

At R-Tech it takes 2-3hrs while they do the health check, Dyno the car, upload a base map, Dyno run, tweaking, more Dyno runs,tweaking, explanation to what they've done, test drive. . .

It's a much more personal experience. That's why there are so many reviews and much praise  :happy2:

You can't really go wrong with the way the car drives with any of the recommended tuners
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 10:50:34 am »
I imagine its an excitement thing.... bit like posting up on a build thread saying you are going to get a 3076 turbo fitted.  :driver:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 11:30:55 am »
I imagine its an excitement thing.... bit like posting up on a build thread saying you are going to get a 3076 turbo fitted.  :driver:

Ooh are you Rich? Go on you know you want to...  :popcornsoda: :laugh: