Author Topic: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril  (Read 97754 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 222
  • -Receive: 421
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 8th track day at Estoril
« Reply #630 on: May 14, 2019, 02:25:25 PM »
Now a couple of professional pictures. :smiley:

Offline rex

• Thank You
  • -Given: 48
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #631 on: May 14, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »
Calendar pictures  :drool:.
I wish we still had the calendar  :innocent:

Offline gartht23

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #632 on: May 14, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
Wow. Gotta love a CW MKV with. No front place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 436
« Reply #633 on: May 17, 2019, 06:10:14 PM »
Looking great as always  :happy2:  I don't know what it is with the Pro Race 1.2 wheels.  They look good on some MK5s, and a bit boring / too small on other colours.  They suit your white colour  :happy2:

The ride height looks a touch high at the back (the pics at the bottom of page 42).  Do you find that helps on the track?  I tried a similar height on mine but the Ohlins default height (a bit lower at the back) seems to turn-in a lot keener.  Just an observation  :smiley:
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 222
  • -Receive: 421
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #634 on: May 19, 2019, 01:00:32 AM »
Thanks @rex and @gartht23 !

Looking great as always  :happy2:  I don't know what it is with the Pro Race 1.2 wheels.  They look good on some MK5s, and a bit boring / too small on other colours.  They suit your white colour  :happy2:

The ride height looks a touch high at the back (the pics at the bottom of page 42).  Do you find that helps on the track?  I tried a similar height on mine but the Ohlins default height (a bit lower at the back) seems to turn-in a lot keener.  Just an observation  :smiley:

I raised the rear coilovers when setting up the suspension to transfer more weight to the back. I think the rear is well sorted now (loose enough) with the way I have the coilovers set to F6/R1 and the ARB soft/soft. I might try the harder setting on the front ARB to see what it does to the handling. There's always space for improvement. Thank you for your thoughts. :smiley:

Offline Pudding

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 436
« Reply #635 on: May 25, 2019, 12:02:11 PM »
Thanks @rex and @gartht23 !

I raised the rear coilovers when setting up the suspension to transfer more weight to the back. I think the rear is well sorted now (loose enough) with the way I have the coilovers set to F6/R1 and the ARB soft/soft. I might try the harder setting on the front ARB to see what it does to the handling. There's always space for improvement. Thank you for your thoughts. :smiley:

It's good to experiment with the adjustable dampers and ARBs  :happy2:   I run a lot more rebound/compression at the front and also have the front ARB stiffer than the rear one.  That keeps the rear neutral and predictable and also improves feel and steering weight  :smiley:  I find too much stiffness at the back causes too much lean at the front.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.