Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Tailgate won't lock - actuator issue?
« Last post by slipd on May 22, 2024, 08:09:59 pm »
I did mine last year. It was high level brake light that failed on mine. Not to bad to diy just replace one wire at a time.

Wow! Is it possible to replace the entire loom?

Feels like I got off lightly with just the actuator :smiley:
Mk5 General Area / Re: Anyone know the part number to this button?
« Last post by SANDEGTI on May 22, 2024, 07:40:36 pm »
I don't remember for sure but the easiest way to go about it is to remove the door interior panel.

There's 3xT20 or T25 screws at the bottom of the panel, 1xT25 screw next to the mirror and 2xT30 screws under the door handle. You pry the handle upwards just make sure you pry evenly or you can break off some parts of it which will result in a lot of vibrations if you like music.

Roll down your window for an easier time. Pry the panel off, starting from the bottom and when all quick mount clamps are out, you lift the whole thing upwards.

Disconnect all cables, the door latch and done, you can replace the buttons.
Thanks a lot for that, unfortunately I was silly enough to think I could replace it without taking the interior skin off. :grin:

I'll do this in a couple days since I want to replace the button panel thing too, or at least clean it up while I'm at it. Removing the skin will make it much easier.
« Last post by ZoliWorks on May 22, 2024, 07:18:24 pm »
I don't remember for sure but the easiest way to go about it is to remove the door interior panel.

There's 3xT20 or T25 screws at the bottom of the panel, 1xT25 screw next to the mirror and 2xT30 screws under the door handle. You pry the handle upwards just make sure you pry evenly or you can break off some parts of it which will result in a lot of vibrations if you like music.

Roll down your window for an easier time. Pry the panel off, starting from the bottom and when all quick mount clamps are out, you lift the whole thing upwards.

Disconnect all cables, the door latch and done, you can replace the buttons.
« Last post by OldGTI on May 22, 2024, 06:47:13 pm »
I did mine last year. It was high level brake light that failed on mine. Not to bad to diy just replace one wire at a time.

Mk5 General Area / Re: 5 door front door skin same as 3 door?
« Last post by Lewo on May 22, 2024, 05:01:20 pm »
 :signLOL:
Sorry couldn't resist that.
Hope you get it sorted.
« Last post by SANDEGTI on May 22, 2024, 04:39:27 pm »
Has anyone actually done one of these before? Do I have to remove the interior door skin or can I get under the plastic surround under the chrome handle and go from there?
Mk5 General Area / Re: 5 door front door skin same as 3 door?
« Last post by GreigC on May 22, 2024, 09:54:52 am »
A 3 door has wider doors than the 5.
Mk5 General Area / 5 door front door skin same as 3 door?
« Last post by toerag on May 22, 2024, 09:49:43 am »
Hi all
Someone hit my driver front door skin while parked  :sad1: and looking to get a another one as a temporary fix.
Do I need to worry if the donor came from a 5 or 3 door?
Thanks
« Last post by mjmallia on May 22, 2024, 08:09:33 am »
Well done.  Not heard of the actuator failing before.......always been the wires breaking in my experience  :happy2:
« Last post by Lewo on May 22, 2024, 07:54:37 am »
Good news  :happy2:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10