Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 152364 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2012, 12:02:45 am »
Well in that case then... give everyone the same IDENTICAL car....

They need to do something cos its boring. So little to do with racing and more to do with pit stops balls ups and drive through penalties etc etc

Identical cars will never work, they have identical regulations instead so each team can make there own incarnation of the regs.

No its more to do with tyre management than any of the above and thats effecting the racing because driving like a loon will be short term gain for long term pain.

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2012, 09:01:47 am »

Your right though he does fit into the italian culture of cheating just like italian football teams.

Come on, it's not like McLaren's slate is clean where cheating is concerned. Remember Lewis being disqualified from the Melbourne GP in 2009, and who can forget Stepneygate. Or is a little cheating OK?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:11 am »

There you go Robin confusing fantasy and fact. Yes Ferrari were one of the originators of F1 as we now know it but you give the impression that they were the sole inventors of the sport which they clearly weren't.

Facts please not fantasy.  :confused:

Who cares if they are the oldest team I for one would bat an eyelid if they left the sport. F1 is more than just 1 team.

....If you ever reach my age, Ian, you'll be glad of being able to have fantasies.

History would be dealt a tragic blow if those red Ferrari's no longer raced in F1. Besides, who would you then turn your hating towards?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2012, 09:21:55 am »

Your right though he does fit into the italian culture of cheating just like italian football teams.

Come on, it's not like McLaren's slate is clean where cheating is concerned. Remember Lewis being disqualified from the Melbourne GP in 2009, and who can forget Stepneygate. Or is a little cheating OK?

....Exactly! No team's slate is squeeky clean and never has been in a sport where the rules are extremely complex and always open to interpretation. It's a highly competitive sport with rich rewards and human beings are involved, so none of this 'We're British and Brits never cheat' crap!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #484 on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:24 am »
The number 1 driver thing is just something you either agree with, or you don't. It has always been Ferrari's team policy to have a second driver whose duty is to support their main driver. Massa is clearly comfortable with that set up, as Barichello was. And if they weren't then they're extremely naive. This is the reason why I can't see Vettel going anywhere near Ferrari whilst Alonso is there. Alonso wants to be a number one driver, just as Vettel does, just as Hamilton does, and just as Schumacher used to.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #485 on: August 01, 2012, 10:16:19 am »
History would be dealt a tragic blow if those red Ferrari's no longer raced in F1. Besides, who would you then turn your hating towards?

I'm not a hater Robin, once again you seem to be mistaking your opinion for fact, I just believe the circus that F1 is wouldn't miss Ferrari as much as you seem to think.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #486 on: August 01, 2012, 10:26:56 am »

I'm not a hater Robin, once again you seem to be mistaking your opinion for fact, I just believe the circus that F1 is wouldn't miss Ferrari as much as you seem to think.

....My dear chap, I'm telling you how I would feel if Ferrari no longer raced in F1, not how the F1 "circus" would feel < This is neither opinion nor fact  :rolleye:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #487 on: August 01, 2012, 12:59:11 pm »

What lewis did was hardly cheating from his point of view and know where near to the extent of Gonzo's please crash the other driver so i can win a world title and vlavio briatore (italian) getting banned for life from the sport.

Im willing to bet teams are constantly trying to get information of each others cars, nothing new there. The problem was it was against ferrari so the FIA obviously stepped in to back their team up.

Where did i say brits dont cheat? :confused: Italians on the other hand have it in there genes. They literally cant play sport without cheating, doesnt matter what sport they'll cheat at it :stupid:

I dont like Gonzo although he is one of the two best drivers in F1, its just dissapointing he did what he did, with his talent he really didnt need too :stupid:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #488 on: August 01, 2012, 01:12:45 pm »
Just remember Rob, Alonso was never implicated of any wrong doing in the Crashgate affair. You may believe otherwise, but the official view taken by the FIA is that he had no knowledge of it.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »
I think it's correct to say that whether you want to call it cheating or not, all those involved in the sport will use all their human ingenuity to gain an advantage (and keep their sponsorships!) to win and receive the rewards. We shouldn't feel horrified about what goes on, it's hard-nosed competition.

Coincidentally I bumped into a friend this morning who was on the design development team of Vanwall in the 1950's and we had a long chat about F1 history. Vanwall was born from the fact that Tony Vandervell was so successful at racing his modified Ferrari's that Ferrari stopped supplying him engines.

Nothing has changed regarding doing whatever you can get away with in F1. In all walks of life, the popular trend nowadays is that people feel that there should always be more transparency and consequently more behind the scenes activities are potentially exposed and become public knowledge.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2012, 04:36:00 pm »
It certainly would be a great loss if ferrari left F1, but doub they ever will, and it's great to have more historic names such as lotus, mercedes back in the sport...

Now we need maserati  :jumping:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #491 on: August 31, 2012, 07:57:02 pm »
Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend.  :happy2:

Just been watching a re-run of Practice 1, hammering with rain and they are still barreling up Eau Rouge at near full pelt :notworthy:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #492 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:12 pm »
What the hell happened there??

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #493 on: September 02, 2012, 01:06:11 pm »
What the hell happened there??

f*cking Hamilton!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #494 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »
They can't even make it round the first corner, Grosjean's fault! Twat!!  :stupid:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~