Make a donation

Author Topic: The ultimate Dyno Graph thread  (Read 279801 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: The ultimate Dyno Graph thread
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2011, 09:12:52 pm »
Its also got something to do with the actual remap also. 3 weeks ago, my remap could only make 280lbs/ft of torque. It took them 6hrs to work around the issue. The way the explained it was the fact that the engine sends the dsg box info on the torque output, the dsg box then adjusts timing to lower the torque to the specified limit. They then had to change the map to fool the dsg into thinking that there wasnt as much torque being produced, so I then made 320lbs/ft of torque. obviously the correction factor at this point wasnt at the optimum level, as after the dsg box torque limiter was raised, it still flatlines at 350Nm.
When I had the PDT stage 2, my torque flatlined at exactly 280Nm also.
The fact must be that Revo stage 2+ must do a better job of interfering between the ecu and Tcu, as when I had stage 2+ Revo, I also produced 370lbs/ft of torque.
When bluefin stage 3 first came out, the dsgs made less torque than what the manual version did, probably the same reason with that map.
I'm just going off what I was told :stupid: :stupid:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:45 pm »
Could something else still be amiss as Sunglasses Ron with the revo dsg map didn't have his torque plateau like yours at 350lb ft...

This is what I said to Dom also mate.. Either way, 350lb/ft is still more than enough IMO and still impressive..  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2011, 09:19:30 pm »
i think shark limit most of the torque on their maps to what they deem to be safe levels for longevity

just like this one

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2011, 09:29:09 pm »
Im not complaining, I'm happy with that anyway :drinking: :drinking:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2011, 09:40:00 pm »
Im not complaining, I'm happy with that anyway :drinking: :drinking:

Yup, a big improvement from your day at RS tuning...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2011, 11:07:20 pm »
I've had mixture too rich appear twice today. Sigh, what to do?

Matt

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2011, 11:10:00 pm »

Matt

You running revo?

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »

Matt

You running revo?

Yeah mate.

Matt

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2011, 05:01:21 am »
The figures you see mate arent whp thats crank hp. So your 285whp is around the same as those you see above factoring in the losses.  :happy2:

This^^
You can approximate your crank hp for FWD cars by adding 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.9. In Roh Echt's case it's around 327 crank bhp .

Hey, thank you for figuring this out for me. So if I go to get dyno'd again, what are your thoughts.
Put in some 100 octane fuel, and switch to the race file or run it how I normally do with pump fuel?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2011, 05:59:48 am »

Matt
Youre either going to have to go back to the Revo dealer, or phone Revo themselves. I had a look at the post that I made about it, and BDMAlex had one on an S3 and he  tried:
New OEM HPFP
New lambda
New injector seals
New pcv
Oil change
Still had the fault though.
The figures you see mate arent whp thats crank hp. So your 285whp is around the same as those you see above factoring in the losses.  :happy2:

This^^
You can approximate your crank hp for FWD cars by adding 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.9. In Roh Echt's case it's around 327 crank bhp .

Hey, thank you for figuring this out for me. So if I go to get dyno'd again, what are your thoughts.
Put in some 100 octane fuel, and switch to the race file or run it how I normally do with pump fuel?
Yes, use the race file, as it will be running more boost, timing, fuelling than your standard file :happy2:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:55 am »
I will. Might as well see what my max power output is, right?
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2011, 09:09:37 am »

Matt
Youre either going to have to go back to the Revo dealer, or phone Revo themselves. I had a look at the post that I made about it, and BDMAlex had one on an S3 and he  tried:
New OEM HPFP
New lambda
New injector seals
New pcv
Oil change
Still had the fault though.
The figures you see mate arent whp thats crank hp. So your 285whp is around the same as those you see above factoring in the losses.  :happy2:

This^^

Yes, use the race file, as it will be running more boost, timing, fuelling than your standard file :happy2:

To be honest mate, REVO may be a big player in the world of VAG Tuning but to me they are a tin pot company with terrible customer service. Bottom line is, if Stattlers can't fix it then I am going to change my map. I don't care much for REVO and I will drop their map like a bad habit if its bad for my car or causes me hassle.....

The problem with the Shark/REVO DSG2 map is that I will drop about 100 lbs/ft which I don't wanna do. That's my quandry!!

Matt

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2011, 10:58:17 am »
I will. Might as well see what my max power output is, right?

I suppose it depend on what you're after.
IMO unless you use 100 octane for everyday driving then I would stick with what fuel you normally use and try to optimise your mapping for that.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2011, 11:11:58 am »
theres absolutely no way that you will drop 100lbft of torque at all.  your not taking into account dyno lottery. 

this is HDs revo vs bluefin.  if you compare his revo torque from 3600-4250 to the shark torque at the same point they are both making 350lbft.  If you look at the revo curve it also has a small torque spike for around 500revs @which takes it from around 350lbft up to peak 370lbft which would be neigh on un-noticeable as its that short.  This highlights to me how pointless it is looking at peak figures because other than that its neigh on the same as the shark torque throughout. 

Not entirely sure how you figure to lose 100lbft.  Yours is making 380lbft (probably less on a dyno dynamics) so i would make that only a 30lbft difference.

yours

shark stage 3

Offline RagingKileak

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2011, 11:25:43 am »
 :signLOL:

I'd be happy enough with 350 lbs/ft but I am pretty sure I read 280 lbs/ft at the top of this page. The following posts made little sense to me, something about a second map and so on etc - was unclear whether that was Shark taking a second bite, or a different map, or whatever.

If Shark will give me 350 lbs and about 340bhp then I would be happy, especially if the drive is so much better which is what is most important to me. I've invested in what I understand to be the 'supporting' mods that make better power (over looks etc) so I'm keen to maintain a certain way of thinking!

I think because power figures delivered via Dyno will always be controversial, I should also explain that I am more focussed on driving dynamics than power, but Dyno's are a decent way of measuring the way power is delivered and relative gains (if done in a controlled way.)

People should therefore note (like I have) that although I don't want to lose too much power, I am more focussed on the reported comparison between driving the two cars. Also, as it appears Shark won't blow my car up (which REVO is going to) then it's almost a no brainer!

Regards
Matt