Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 336175 times)

Offline Brimall

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #960 on: September 25, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »
Mines in at the moment. Wings and sills. Took it to Incahcape Bolton. No problems getting it done.

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #961 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:20 pm »
So im going to try and ring VW today and try get my wings sorted....

My local ones are Sheffield,Mansfield and Chesterfield.

My car is on 98k  :surprised: also it is lowered about 35mm will they play up to this?

Wondering what the best way to approach them is,theirs so many different stories on here haha

Also theres a mark on the rear quarter that looks like its come from underneath the paint? :/

cheers

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #962 on: September 25, 2015, 04:23:32 pm »

My car is on 98k  :surprised: also it is lowered about 35mm will they play up to this?

Wondering what the best way to approach them is,theirs so many different stories on here haha

Also theres a mark on the rear quarter that looks like its come from underneath the paint? :/

cheers
Mate could you keep me posted - I'm in the exact same area as you so it'd be good to know which dealer(s) you try and how they play it.

I'm also lowered, by 30mm. I'm guessing unless the arches are damaged by being silly low we should be alright.

Good luck. Looking forward to hearing how you get on
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:26:15 pm by AJP »

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #963 on: September 25, 2015, 04:50:21 pm »

cheers
Mate could you keep me posted - I'm in the exact same area as you so it'd be good to know which dealer(s) you try and how they play it.

I'm also lowered, by 30mm. I'm guessing unless the arches are damaged by being silly low we should be alright.

My car is a 56 plate aswell so leaving it late as usual ha!
Just wanting some advice on what people actually said or have there cars lowered etc to see how to play it.
Youll have to ring them aswell and we will see how we get on haha!!

Good luck!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #964 on: September 25, 2015, 05:23:14 pm »

cheers

My car is a 56 plate aswell so leaving it late as usual ha!
Just wanting some advice on what people actually said or have there cars lowered etc to see how to play it.
Youll have to ring them aswell and we will see how we get on haha!!

Good luck!
Well while I was in JCT600 in Rotherham a couple of months ago getting a service done I mentioned it, and he said I'd need to go to a dealer with a bodyshop, as they don't have one. He mentioned the Hillsborough dealer.

Since then I've kind of put it off, through no reason other than laziness, but it's nagging me now so want to get it sorted!

Mine's 07, full VW history.

Offline Jayy26

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:16 pm »
haha likewise...

well by the looks of it looks like im just going to have to ring up and gamble haha

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #966 on: October 01, 2015, 10:38:53 pm »
I had a '54' plate Mk5 with 103k miles on the clock. Inch VW at Bathgate replaced my wings very straightforward and went 70/30 on the paint lifting under the boot badge/handle.

Western VW Edinburgh MoT'd my Octavia last week. I found this on-going stockpile of rust behind their workshop:

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #967 on: October 02, 2015, 02:58:48 pm »
it has just been agreed that mine is going back in they repaired the wings just under a year ago and its started to come back

this time i am having new wings and the complete front end blown over and doors blended with new door moldings

all i have to pay for is the bonnet and bumper to be painted and buy the rub strips
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #968 on: October 02, 2015, 03:31:08 pm »
it has just been agreed that mine is going back in they repaired the wings just under a year ago and its started to come back

this time i am having new wings and the complete front end blown over and doors blended with new door moldings

all i have to pay for is the bonnet and bumper to be painted and buy the rub strips

i thought they would have changed the wings
and taken the spongy stuff that holds the water
because over time this will and has rusted the wings from inside out

who did you see ?

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #969 on: October 02, 2015, 05:22:37 pm »
they removed the spongey stuff but vw uk would not approve the wing change i did try last time but they would not have it

it was vw in loughton the staff have been great really tried hard this time to get it sorted for me  :wink:
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline Vegasphil

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #970 on: October 02, 2015, 08:45:21 pm »
How much do you have to pay for the bumper and bonnet painting mate?

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2015, 09:36:46 am »
Just dropped mine off for a minor service, and I've asked them to look at both wings. 

I'll report back tonight with their assessment.  Fingers crossed!

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2015, 11:30:36 am »
Just dropped mine off for a minor service, and I've asked them to look at both wings. 

I'll report back tonight with their assessment.  Fingers crossed!

Just had an email from the dealer.  Their warranty administrator has looked at both arches, and confirm its a warranty issue and have advised me to call their other branch to arrange a suitable booking date.   :happy2:

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #973 on: October 13, 2015, 05:34:12 pm »
Finally got a response from VW to my rusty boot/bonnet/sills (and more worryingly i've now found rust where the rear door mounts to the body (hinged side).

They will pay 50% towards it all, however the cost of the bonnet and boot alone before paint is £700.......... I think I'll keep driving my rusty volkswagen as it is :(

Offline Daveyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #974 on: October 13, 2015, 05:45:17 pm »
Finally got a response from VW to my rusty boot/bonnet/sills (and more worryingly i've now found rust where the rear door mounts to the body (hinged side).

They will pay 50% towards it all, however the cost of the bonnet and boot alone before paint is £700.......... I think I'll keep driving my rusty volkswagen as it is :(
I wouldn't be taking 50% off them mate I'd be fighting for them to do the lot for nothing, after all VW give there cars a 12yr anti corrosion warranty. I went into my local main dealer to see about getting my drivers wing done yesterday and it now booked in to have the wing replaced, new wing fitted and painted FOC .