All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Air Con & Fuel.....

<< < (3/6) > >>

bennylenny88:
my mpg goes down straight away  :rolleye:

neg:
I read somewhere its like carrying another passenger - not the end of the world on days like today but when its not needed I always put mine on ECON.

Ifti:

--- Quote from: winrya on May 31, 2009, 05:07:15 pm ---But you also have to consider that the fuel consumption increases by 10% with the windows open  :happy2: 

--- End quote ---

I always put the air con on rather then drive with the windows down at a higher speed - the wind noise does my head in!
However, like the above, I usually have it on ECON and only use air con when its a really hot day, or when I have the kids in the car.

Steve82:

--- Quote from: Ifti on May 31, 2009, 06:04:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: winrya on May 31, 2009, 05:07:15 pm ---But you also have to consider that the fuel consumption increases by 10% with the windows open  :happy2: 

--- End quote ---

I always put the air con on rather then drive with the windows down at a higher speed - the wind noise does my head in!
However, like the above, I usually have it on ECON and only use air con when its a really hot day, or when I have the kids in the car.

--- End quote ---

Same as myself, use it on Econ most of the time unless its a very hot day!

Jules86:
Aircon is better for fuel consumption than leaving the windows open  :happy2:

If anyone watches mythbusters they tested it thoroughly and aircon won  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version