Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

New owner
on October 20, 2020, 07:50:29 PM
Irish lad just got my first gti and could not be happier, looking forward to the times ahead

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Anyone got any bumpers?
Last Poster: revolver566 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:22:26 AM
After a front GTI bumper and rear lower R32 bumper. Ideally black. Closer to Derbyshire the better. Had mine stolen last night
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ED 30 DSG 3DR
Last Poster: GVK in Wanted on Yesterday at 10:45:17 PM
Ask on the Facebook group edition 30 owners

Mk6R steering wheel retrofit
Last Poster: Wijesunde in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 08:37:14 PM
Hello everyone,

Just got a Mk6R dsg steering wheel with mfsw (it comes with the whole steering column, so basically I have all the modules and whatnot included)

I have a mk5gti manual with cruise control but without mfsw.

So what do I have to change to get the mfsw working while doing the retrofit?

Thanks 👍

Re: Buying advice: High mileage ED30 GTI 150k
Last Poster: shy231 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:57:03 AM
Thanks folks.

My hunt continues for a 3dr DSG Eddy. Finding it quite hard to find a decent one atm

Re: Deano Candy white GTI
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on October 24, 2020, 08:33:54 PM
No problem - I'm glad you like them

Re: Vibration through seats 65 to 70 mph
Last Poster: GVK in Mk5 General Area on October 24, 2020, 08:22:25 PM
Swap wheels front to rear see if problem changes.

No network connection blutooth rns510
Last Poster: GPem3:16 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on October 24, 2020, 02:43:30 PM
Hi all, as per title, I have blutooth module via rns510. All connects and works accept there is no NETWORK CONNECTION it will attempt to make a call.
Have I missed something
Telephone enabled in coding

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Re: Front door speaker wiring help
Last Poster: Xaire in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on October 24, 2020, 07:27:12 AM
Are you using an amplifier? If so, which model?

Re: Moving to Southampton - areas to avoid?
Last Poster: RyanPaterson in Random Chat on October 23, 2020, 11:52:10 PM
Considering moving to Southampton as we can't justify paying Winchester prices however i'm unsure these days where the "good" parts are or places to avoid.

Places to avoid i gather are - Thornhill, Shirley warren, Lordshill, Millbrook, and Western.

Any recommendations?

Re: Aftermarket Oil cooler
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Performance Modifications on October 23, 2020, 05:07:22 PM
If you fit an oil cooler then you're really only fighting the symptoms and not the disease.

Hi Guys got my First Mk5 GTi
Last Poster: 15Degrees in New Member Intro's on October 23, 2020, 09:27:10 AM
Hi Guys

Just a hello. Got my first Mk5 GTi yesterday (Race Car). I've wanted one of these for a while now and this is my weapon of choice for next year's championship. Ill post some pics up of it and also mods it's got and the ones i'll be doing to it. I also have some technical questions on it but ill post those in the right section.

Mark.

Re: BKD Turbo Removal
Last Poster: Stupots in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on October 23, 2020, 09:15:21 AM
Hi @kevster996 how frustrating... don't loose hope! The only thing I can think it could still be is a faulty Vacuum Solenoid Block (or vacuum pipe leak). Anyone close by that would be happy for you to swap that out to save you buying an unknown good 2nd hand part?

Not read back through the th

Milltek reducer
Last Poster: fazi123 in Wanted on October 22, 2020, 11:49:20 PM
Hi guys,

I need a milltek reducer. Anybody got one lying around? It needs to be 3" down to the stock downpipe.

Thanks

Re: Turboback v catback
Last Poster: Danthefourwheeler in Mk5 General Area on October 22, 2020, 10:04:01 PM
Ah cool I was about to go for a custom from Deutsch tech, but ended up going for a cobra system decat non res.

Mine came with a Cobra non-res Cat back - it was ASBO loud - had to get

Re: P0033 P0243 P0443
Last Poster: f1234 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on October 22, 2020, 09:20:40 PM
What engine, what issue do you get driving it?

P0243 - do you have an N75 valve on there or the solenoid block above the big air intake pipe that has all the vacuum pipes coming out of it? Sounds like you dont have the N75 valve - more like my 2.0 tdi 140 2005....

Have you

Re: Rear end wander mk5
Last Poster: carsten in Mk5 General Area on October 22, 2020, 08:03:18 PM
On the early mk5´s the rear camber was quite aggressive, adjusting mine to minimum helped stabilizing my rear end :wink:
Off course that meant replacing all bushings and bolts as they were all corroded to death...

Golf Mk5 GTI quattro swap
Last Poster: Armandot55 in Performance Modifications on October 22, 2020, 07:44:12 PM
Hello ,
     I recently bought all the parts for the full setup from an Audi S3 8P ( complete rear subframe + haldex , complete prop shaft , fuel tank , gearbox + transfer box ...)
      Till now everything was ok , I installed all the parts on the car. Now I am the part where I have to make all the wiring.
       I know that are some cars made in the past with this

Re: Mk6 suspension on Mk5 (Bilstein part numbers) or any other random suspension
Last Poster: WolfsburgEd in Performance Modifications on October 22, 2020, 04:47:35 PM
Thanks - really appreciated.

I'm in a huge dilemma at the moment, as I'm re-building the more for interest that for any intention that it'll be a long term keeper (broken spring forces the issue / I've had it 5 years and with the current situation its not getting much use!!)

I was going to go fairly stock and run B3 springs and B4 shocks. Then I read that the

Re: MK5 GTI Track Car
Last Poster: shannon-ob in Members Rides on October 22, 2020, 03:20:59 PM
So last night I decided to get the engine out in order to give it a much needed clean (as you’ll see in pics below)

Disgusting oi

How many of your make/model of car are still on the road?
Last Poster: Stupots in MK6 General Area on October 22, 2020, 08:23:18 AM
I know https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk has been around for ages, but it's interesting to have a look now and again. I'll start off... less than 200 of my particular model on the road in the UK...

Shoutbox

VW Golf 7 GTI Clubsport Gear Shift Knob 6 Speed Manual 5G1711113FWEJ
£70.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

VW Golf 7 GTI Clubsport Gear Shift Knob 6 Speed Manual 5G1711113FWEJ

Ideal for anyone looking to retrofit the gear knob into a MK5/MK6 given that the gaiter has been split from the support bezel.

This was on my to do list for about a year but I simply never got round to fitting it before buying a Pirelli.

£70 delivered to mainland UK

Cash on collection (Belper, Derbyshire) or Bank Transfer/PayPal

If you've got any questions, give me a shout

Luke
Milltek Catback exhaust for Mk6 Golf R. Titanium tips.
£500.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

Milltek Catback exhaust for Mk6 Golf R.

Comes with both Res and Non-Res pipes.

Titanium tips.

In good used condition.

Car has been put back to standard ready to sell, hence sale.
Milltek 2.75” sports cat downpipe. Will fit Mk5 or Mo6 Golf.
£300.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

Milltek sports cat downpipe, good used condition.

2.75” diameter.

2008 Golf GTI ED30 Candy White 3 Door Manual
£9000.00
Collection Only

For sale is my 2008 Golf Mk5 GTI Edition 30. It's a 3dr manual and is in the rare Candy White colour.

Bought recently from a very good local garage after hunting high and low for a decent ED30, but after a few hundred miles I have decided that I prefer a DSG. The last 3 cars i've had have all been DSG's and with this being a drivers car I wanted a manual but I have missed the ease of the DSG, lazy I know.

Condition wise the car is very good. There are a few small blemishes but for a 12 year old car it's superb. The wings have been replaced under warranty in the past and show no rust at all. The only real thing to note, is there is a broken clip on the bumper which just needs replacing to to make it perfect. Its hardly noticeable but I like to be upfront.

The car is about a good as spec as you'll find also. It has got factory xenon headlights, electric/heated folding mirrors, MFSW, High-line Dash and auto lights etc. The Xenons are brilliant and are an option that I couldn't live without.

The car has done just under 88000 miles so very low for the age. It's had 3 previous owners and to my knowledge is completely standard apart from spacers on the wheels and the Eibach lowering springs that its sat on. These are a 30mm drop and finish the car off perfectly in my opinion. Service wise it has always been serviced on time, and in the past 2 months has had the best part of £2000 spent on it. Only last week it was at my local independent, Midland VW, getting all of the common issues sorted. This includes things like the Cam Follower, PCV, Diverter Valve, Pick Up Pipe and also a new thermostat. It also had brand new spark plugs and coil packs. This was an £800 bill in itself. The MOT is good until July 2021 and everything that was an advisory in 2019 has also been sorted.

A great car, that I would love to keep and run. I didn't want a modified car so finding a stock one was vital for me. Its a great base to do as the new owner would wish. I do genuinely feel you'd be hard pushed to find an example with the spec, service history and the condition of this one.

Based near Tamworth and bank transfer on collection please.

More than happy to take people for test drives, but I will be driving unless valid insurance certificate.

Ive likely missed bits, so please feel free to give me a shout and I can sort anything for you.
Highline Camera module unit for sale
£60.00
Single Image
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery or Collection

Used, for reverse cameras with grey plug for moving guidelines. Part number: 3C9 907 441. Paypal accepted, but buyer pays fees. Collection is welcome.
    • users Users: 8
    • guests Guests: 301